• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fight for Pink - MikeKirby Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

Fight for Pink
A tournament where you fight for a Pink username.

Info:
  • Double Elimination Bracket
  • Winner of Grand Finals will win a premium prank from RocketPSIence.
  • You may only use three characters throughout the entire tournament.
  • All matches must be completed by the assigned date, or the winner will be subject to review. (obviously the person attempting to make contact will be deemed winner)
  • In the case of severe, unplayable lag, a coin toss will determine the outcome.
<hr align=left width=50% noshade>
Rules:
Standard SBR ruleset with a few additions.
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 Minute Timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stalling is banned.
    -Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
  • Fin Planking on Pirate Ship is banned.
  • All regrabs out of a chaingrab or grab release must include a dash except in the case of the Ice Climbers.
  • Ledgegrab limit is set to 20 for Meta Knight only. Even if there is no time out.
  • Ledgegrab limit is set to 55 for everyone else. Only in the event of a time out.
  • Only one glide under the stage per minute for Meta Knight only.
Stages Shall consist of:
Starter
  • Battlefield
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Smashville
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
Counterpick
  • Final Destination
  • Castle Siege
  • Halberd
  • Brinstar
  • Delfino
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Jungle Japes
  • Pictochat
  • Pirate Ship
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Distant Planet
  • Green Greens
  • Port Town Aero Dive
  • Norfair
Banned

Everything Else​

<hr align=left width=50% noshade>
Sign-Up Info:
This will be a 16 man tournament.
To sign up simply put your SWF Username then your tag separated by a semi-colon. On the next line put the three characters you will be using in the tournament. On the following line put your friend code.
Example:
RocketPSIence; rPSI
:lucas: :gw: :snake:
9999-9999-9999

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
[collapse="Player Info"]
Jimmyfosho
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>Jimmy</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:lucas: :ness2: :samus2: </td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>3094-8397-9269</td></tr></table>
kirbywizard
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>Mr.2</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:olimar: :luigi2: :ganondorf:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>1418-6396-6440</td></tr></table>
JBandit
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>J</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:jigglypuff: :zerosuitsamus: :zelda:/:shiek:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>3781-9670-1788</td></tr></table>
Q77
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>Q</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:metaknight: :olimar:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>2363-7925-1787</td></tr></table>
DTK_of_DWMA
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>DTK_of_DWMA</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:ike: :diddy: :falco:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>4383-3728-0966</td></tr></table>
Aibou
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>Aibou / iGARB</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:lucas: :diddy: :popo:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>0002-6011-9207</td></tr></table>
thegreatkazoo
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>KAB</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:wolf: :rob: :marth:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>2922-8999-6173</td></tr></table>
Sonic Storm
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>Josh</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:sonic: :pikachu2: :olimar:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>3094-1282-9792</td></tr></table>
Kofu
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>YoAto</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:gw: :ganondorf: :wario:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>3480-2408-7824</td></tr></table>
Exn
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>Zen</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>5070-2805-2051</td></tr></table>
MikeKirby
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>mKBy</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:kirby: :kirby2: :kirby:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>0174-0740-9901</td></tr></table>
Brickbox
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>Box</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:falco: :falco: :falco:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>0688-9671-0889</td></tr></table>
(Lux)
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>(Lux)</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:popo: :olimar: :wario:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>2363-6576-0364</td></tr></table>
MasterStu
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>Juhis</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:luigi2: :dedede: :lucas:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>0602-7898-8647</td></tr></table>
Bnzaaa
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>TagX</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:metaknight: :dedede: :popo:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>2363-5880-6155</td></tr></table>
roacherman
<table border="1"><tr><th>Tag</th><td>ROACH</td></tr><tr><th>Characters</th><td>:ike: :lucario: :kirby2:</td></tr><tr><th>Friend Code</th><td>0946-7519-4709</td></tr></table>
[/collapse]

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Bracket!

Matches
[collapse="Winners 1"]Josh vs. YoAto
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:ganondorf:</td><td>:falco:</td><td>Smashville</td><td>YoAto</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:gw:</td><td>:pikachu2:</td><td>Jungle Japes</td><td>YoAto</td></tr></table>
mKBy vs. Mr.2
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:kirby2:</td><td>:olimar:</td><td>Final Destination</td><td>Mr.2</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:kirby2:</td><td>:luigi2:</td><td>Battlefield</td><td>mKBy</td></tr><tr><th>Match 3</th><td>:kirby2:</td><td>:luigi2:</td><td>Pokemon Stadium 1</td><td>mKBy</td></tr></table>
J vs. ROACH
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:jigglypuff:</td><td>:ike:</td><td>Battlefield</td><td>J</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:zerosuitsamus:</td><td>:ike:</td><td>Final Destination</td><td>J</td></tr></table>
KAB vs. (Lux)
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:wolf:</td><td>:popo:</td><td>Smashville</td><td>KAB</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:wolf:</td><td>:popo:</td><td>Battlefield</td><td>KAB</td></tr></table>
Aibou vs. Box
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:lucas:</td><td>:falco:</td><td>Pokemon Stadium 1</td><td>Box</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:diddy:</td><td>:falco:</td><td>Smashville</td><td>Aibou</td></tr><tr><th>Match 3</th><td>:diddy:</td><td>:falco:</td><td>Battlefield</td><td>Aibou</td></tr></table>
Zen vs. Jimmy
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:jigglypuff:</td><td>:ness2:</td><td>Smashville</td><td>Zen</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:jigglypuff:</td><td>:ness2:</td><td>Brinstar</td><td>Zen</td></tr></table>
DTK vs. Bnzaaa
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:ike:</td><td>:popo:</td><td>Smashville</td><td>DTK</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:diddy:</td><td>:popo:</td><td>Pokemon Stadium 1</td><td>Bnzaaa</td></tr><tr><th>Match 3</th><td>:ike:</td><td>:popo:</td><td>Frigate Orpheon</td><td>DTK</td></tr></table>
Q vs. Juhis
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:metaknight:</td><td>:luigi2:</td><td>Smashville</td><td>Juhis</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:metaknight:</td><td>:lucas:</td><td>Rainbow Cruise</td><td>Juhis</td></tr></table>
[/collapse][collapse="Winners 2"]YoAto vs. mKBy
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:gw:</td><td>:kirby2:</td><td>Battlefield</td><td>mKBy</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:gw:</td><td>:kirby2:</td><td>Frigate Orpheon</td><td>mKBy</td></tr></table>
J vs. KAB
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:jigglypuff:</td><td>:marth:</td><td>Pokemon Stadium 1</td><td>KAB</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:zerosuitsamus:</td><td>:marth:</td><td>Pokemon Stadium 2</td><td>J</td></tr><tr><th>Match 3</th><td>:zerosuitsamus:</td><td>:marth:</td><td>Battlefield</td><td>J</td></tr></table>
Aibou vs. Zen
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:diddy:</td><td>:jigglypuff:</td><td>Smashville</td><td>Zen</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:lucas:</td><td>:jigglypuff:</td><td>Brinstar</td><td>Zen</td></tr></table>
DTK vs. Juhis
Matches Not Played[/collapse][collapse="Losers 1"]Josh vs. Mr.2
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:sonic:</td><td>:luigi2:</td><td>Lylat Cruise</td><td>Josh</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:sonic:</td><td>:luigi2:</td><td>Port Town Aero Dive</td><td>Josh</td></tr></table>
ROACH vs. (Lux)
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:popo:</td><td>:ike:</td><td>Smashville</td><td>(Lux)</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:popo:</td><td>:lucario:</td><td>Pictochat</td><td>(Lux)</td></tr></table>
Box vs. Jimmy
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:falco:</td><td>:ness2:</td><td>Smashville</td><td>Box</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:falco:</td><td>:samus2:</td><td>Pokemon Stadium 1</td><td>Box</td></tr></table>
Bnzaaa vs. Q
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:popo:</td><td>:metaknight:</td><td>Smashville</td><td>Bnzaaa</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:metaknight:</td><td>:metaknight:</td><td>Norfair</td><td>Q</td></tr><tr><th>Match 3</th><td>:popo:</td><td>:metaknight:</td><td>Battlefield</td><td>Bnzaaa</td></tr></table>[/collapse][collapse="Winners 3"]mKBy vs. J
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:kirby2:</td><td>:zerosuitsamus:</td><td>Final Destination</td><td>mKBy</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:kirby2:</td><td>:zerosuitsamus:</td><td>Pictochat</td><td>mKBy</td></tr></table>
Zen vs. DTK
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:jigglypuff:</td><td>:ike:</td><td>Yoshi's Island</td><td>DTK</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:jigglypuff:</td><td>:diddy:</td><td>Jungle Japes</td><td>Zen</td></tr><tr><th>Match 3</th><td>:jigglypuff:</td><td>:ike:</td><td>Frigate Orpheon</td><td>Zen</td></tr></table>[/collapse][collapse="Losers 2"]Josh vs. Aibou
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:pikachu2:</td><td>:popo:</td><td>Smashville</td><td>Josh</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:pikachu2:</td><td>:diddy:</td><td>Pictochat</td><td>Josh</td></tr></table>
(Lux) vs. Juhis
Matches Not Played
Box vs. YoAto
Matches Not Played
Bnzaaa vs. KAB
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:popo:</td><td>:wolf:</td><td>Battlefield</td><td>Bnzaaa</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:popo:</td><td>:wolf:</td><td>Final Destination</td><td>KAB</td></tr><tr><th>Match 3</th><td>:dedede:</td><td>:wolf:</td><td>Final Destination</td><td>Bnzaaa</td></tr></table>[/collapse][collapse="Winners Finals"]mKBy vs. Zen[/collapse][collapse="Losers 3"]Josh vs. (Lux)
Box vs. Bnzaaa[/collapse][collapse="Losers 4"](Lux) vs. J
Bnzaaa vs. DTK
<table border=1><tr><th></th><th>P1 Character</th><th>P2 Character</th><th>Stage</th><th>Winner</th></tr><tr><th>Match 1</th><td>:popo:</td><td>:ike:</td><td>Lylat Cruise</td><td>DTK</td></tr><tr><th>Match 2</th><td>:metaknight:</td><td>:ike:</td><td>Battlefield</td><td>DTK</td></tr></table>[/collapse][collapse="Losers 5"]??? vs. ???[/collapse][collapse="Losers Finals"]??? vs. ???[/collapse][collapse="Grand Finals"]mKBy vs. ???[/collapse]Please report which characters you used for each match, the stage you played on and the winner of each match. In a manner similar to the following format:
P1 vs. P2
P1:popo: > P2:ganondorf: @ Smashville
P1:popo: < P2:ganondorf: @ PTAD
P1:shiek: > P2:ganondorf: @ Final Destination

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
hey I know this n00b
<3

Jbandit; J
:lucas: :zerosuitsamus: :gw:
3781-9670-1788

(might swap one of them out for :jigglypuff: before it starts)

Everyone should sign up now :mad088:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
you do and I will switch out GW for Zelda/Sheik. I've been using them more in friendlies plus why not.

Actually just so Aibou will join.

rPSI can I change my characters to these? :jigglypuff: :zerosuitsamus: :zelda:/:shiek: (bringing in my *****es)

Aibou

Smash Master
J I'm gonna kill you for this...(No way in hell am I going wifi Zelda though so forget that)

Aibou ; Aibou / iGARB
:lucas: :diddy: :popo:
0002-6011-9207

Since J's not using Lucas I'll do it for him, along with some more of my garb chars.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
<333333 Aibou thank you. I'll be sure to still use Zelda (and spam teleport :laugh:) cuz you aren't.

Yay for this tourny almost being half way full.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
i'll try i guess (but seriously take wifi for real..............:laugh:)

Plus it'd be cool to have a pink name however don't be fooled......it's for evil purposes of brainwash >_>

*stops spamming up this thread*

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Because Pink usernames are the answer to the universe, I'll serve as PSI's guinea pig.

Sonic Storm; Josh
:sonic: :pikachu2: :olimar:
3094-1282-9792

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
NO WAY! NO WAY!! NO WAY!!! I simply MUST haz pink name!!!!! I sure hope I can see it to the end of this tourney!!

Mi]{e]{irby/mKBy
:kirby::kirby2::kirby:
0174-0740-9901

What about the status thing under your name? Will you be changing that as well?

HYPE! HYPE!! Lets get this started NAO!:bee:

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Just to make sure that everyone is aware. As soon as I make brackets, the characters you are using are final, meaning you may not change them.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
I'd be interested, but I have a small objection to your ruleset, more specifically:
  • All regrabs out of a chaingrab or grab release must include a dash except in the case of the Ice Climbers.
As a Pikachu main, I feel this is unfairly punishing me for what appears to be an attempt at a more general rule attempting to target things like Marth's GR infinites and DDD's standing infinites since all my buffer dthrows are now effectively banned, meanwhile other characters retain their cheese on me (e.g. Falco still has HIS CG, Sheik has the ftilt lock/GR->DACUS).

That's also ignoring the fact that my CGs don't even guarantee death from 0% (unlike the ICs who got a SPECIFIC exception). I still have to actually land a kill move, which even on the more devastating CGs , is still not a trivial task for Pika.

What this rule does, as written, is downgrade a B-tier to C or D tier by taking away one of his biggest and best (but yet, not game-breaking IMHO) weapons.

I don't wish to sound angry or anything (since, after all, it's your tourney, you get to run it however you like and I don't have to enter if I don't like the ruleset), I'm merely just expressing a concern over what appears to me to be an oversight in the rules.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Considering I've been pranked only once, and that was like 8 months ago, I think I'd like to get pranked again

roacherman;ROACH
:ike::lucario::kirby:
0946-7519-4709

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
And that ends sign-ups.

Brackets will now be generated.

All characters will be made official and unchangeable after Noon EST.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Brackets have been set-up. Feel free to play your matches. All of Winners 1 results are due @ 6/19.

Aibou

Smash Master
Brickbox and I have contacted each other. Should everything go well, we should have it done by today.

Just lettin ya know that we're on it (y)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Thanks, I appreciate you keeping me updated and would like others to follow suit as well.

Aibou

Smash Master
2-1 over Box.

:lucas: < :falco: PS1
:diddy: > :falco: SV
:diddy: > :falco: BF

GGs. I got REALLY lucky. Great Falco btw, I could really use your help for the Zelda/Falco MU sometime Box. It's one of my hardest ones x__x

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
:falco:>:lucas:@ ps1
:falco:<:diddykong:@smashville
:falco:<:diddykong:@battlefield

confirming ggs

I had much side-b fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom