• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting a Lucas Spammer

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
The whole battle, he kept running away so he could spam his PK Fire. If I tried an air attack, I'd get PK Thundered. So I had a hard time getting close. I pointed out to him that he was spamrunning, but he did not care. Finally, it came down to Charizard with 80% vs. Lucas with 10%. And the spamming didn't stop. But then he PK thundered himself of the edge and I won.

Him: "I should have won that!"
Me: "NO JOHNS! NO JOHNS!"

But yeah, I have a problem. I've always had issues adapting to spammers. And Lucas is no exception. This guy will literally run away from you to spam PK Fire, only to c-smash you when you get close, then he will run away to repeat process. Air attack is hard since he releeases a PK thunder which from Lucas can continue to go through your opponent. Even if you dodge that, you may leave yourself open for Lucas's U-Smash.
Ivysaurs leaves get pwned by Fire, since PK Fire comes out faster than the leaves.
Charizards fire can block PK fire, but can't hurt a lucas using his Down B. PK thunder is monstrous to a big target like Charizard.
Squirtle seemed like the only good match up, being able to get close for fast attacks.

But I need help. How can I fight spammers of all types with PT?

Bouse

Smash Ace
Charizard: His Fair, Side B, and Neutral B are your best bet for beating him.
Ivysaur: Grabs, Neutral B, B+Fair.
Squirtle: Neutral B (gimps Lucas' recovery hard and you can push him into a PK Thunder)

Really it's just getting used to dealing with spam. To give you an idea of how I'm used to it: I play one guy on a near daily basis, and here are his characters:
Olimar
Lucario
D3
Lucas
Ness
R.O.B

There are buckets of delicious spam in most of those characters. Even Lucario has some sort of "spammable" projectile, though relatively weak. It's all about getting used to fighting through the spam and seeing ways around it. If your Lucas buddy loves to spam his PK Thunder, fight close enough to him so that he'll try to hit himself with it to do some serious damage to you. The thing with spammers and people who use attacks for spacing is that sticking to them will ruin most of their game. Lucas can be killed quite easily.
Charizard's Rock Smash is immaculate for fighting that nonsense because it can kinda-sorta-not really block projectiles while racking up some damage.
Use Ivy's super long vines and beat on him with relatively solid spacing so he can't smash you.

If none of that works, punch him in the face. Violence solves everything.

PanamaConMan

Smash Cadet
Ha, he blew himself over the edge, what a loser.

I think that getting close to this spammer could've been short hops with rocksmash, air dodges and spot dodges when u land.
You're on your own from there, be creative.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ivysaur's razor leaf comes out faster and outspams pk fire, and once you are close you outrange him with jabs and dtilt. just use ivy's range to your advantage. zard can kind of infinite grab or something, or at least grab and set up for a ftilt or fsmash. rock smash is wonderful, but it's hard for zard to get through pk spam.

squirtle can just jump over them. i don't think he can crawl under.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Meh if hes gonna be cheap and spam you with projectiles and run.

As charizard. Shield grab him and do a what is it called, umm before it was called a death grab. Just keep grab pummel release grab pummel release. lol. It works pretty well on lucas. I only usually use it once just to show that i can.

Ivy im too sure. Just because i suck as ivy.

Squirtle, all you really have to do is aerial approach him and confuse him, and when u do hit him, combo him. Probably would be best too attempt to dthrow him for the kill, or just chase him down off the stage, or even watergun so he misses his pk thunder recovery.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Ryos, play me.

You can always be Ivysaur and Razorleaf the heck out of him, or just be the nimble Squirtle.

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Smash Ace
against any sort of projectile, airdodge is always your friend. not necessarily your best friend, but always your friend.

Top Bottom