• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting a Peach effectively

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
What are some good things about this match up? And the bad?
The seems to be a lot of difference in the character match up, but I was just wondering anyway. Seems like Zelda can handle her own against a Peach.
Oh, and some effective things to do against her and the things I should watch out for should help me out muchos.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
no answers i guess cause noone can play this matchup idk, i would say for zelda its all bairing/fairing out of the shield. She shouldnt be able to combo at all really...so be patient and make them come to you.

Joe 4'Sho

Smash Cadet
Top caT (i took your advice with the name) you are seriously everywhere when it comes to zelda. and you always talk about bairing and fairing out of a shield, which i might wanna try here soon. haha. but as for help, idk, i think zelda is pretty good against peach. try using her neutral b every once in a while when peach throws a turnip at you (mindgames). i find peach really easy to kick, if she's ever floating, she's really vulnerable. idk, that's about all i got, its a pretty average matchup, nothing special.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
Top caT (i took your advice with the name) you are seriously everywhere when it comes to zelda. and you always talk about bairing and fairing out of a shield, which i might wanna try here soon. haha. but as for help, idk, i think zelda is pretty good against peach. try using her neutral b every once in a while when peach throws a turnip at you (mindgames). i find peach really easy to kick, if she's ever floating, she's really vulnerable. idk, that's about all i got, its a pretty average matchup, nothing special.
Yea lol, bair/fair out of the shield is what im known for, and yea i try to stay pretty active in zelda discussion

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I'd say that the fight against Peach is pretty even, maybe even in Zelda's favor if the Peach has never fought one before. She's got the same physics as you, so exploit that(same roll, air dodge, sidestep, shield, weight...).

Your fair and bair outrange Peach completely. She can attack faster, though, and has a better projectile. You have a better meteor, but it's still too weak to use, save for surprises(not sure if it goes through the parasol or not). Don't use up smash except in 1.0. It'll get you KILLED otherwise. Grab turnips if they like to just spam. Nayru some to throw them off with timing. Just basically bait her into coming in. She has to make you make a costly mistake to capitalize, and that almost always results in a lost stock.

Be patient as best as you can, get in their head, and punish when they goof. That's as much as I can really help you.

Top Bottom