• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

D

Deleted member

Do we have a match request room for Project M?

Well, anyone here have the game and wanna have a go sometime?

FC is in sig.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I don't think this is the thread for smash lol

You're better off in the PM section.

D

Deleted member

OP says we can talk about Smash. Though I get your point. I just figured you guys would know best where to go.

I briefly checked the PM section but didn't see any community threads or anything like that.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Oh, I guess so lol. But I think a majority of the people here don't play (or very little) smash anymore so yeah.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I haven't seriously played Smash in such a long time.

I did try Melee a little while though, it's still fun, and I could still wavedash and L-cancel. :3
Though I would still need to practice a lot If I wanted to play again.

Then I tried Brawl, and was sad.
At least it had some good music.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Last time I played smash was like 3 weeks ago at a local tourney which has SCV there so i was like why not. I no longer play smash seriously anymore ATM and may not play seriously again all depending on the big N's decisions and the next game. As for Project M i will play that game if people around me are playing it and if i am in the mood and I'm not playing online cause online is atrocious especially playing 2012 Namco FG's and DSR for so long.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Wow that seems amazing. Do you think it's going to be on next gen only or have they said anything?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
**** just got real. Now I'm definitely getting a PS4.

The shift to 3D models took me by surprise, and that's only because I first thought they were really well done sprites. That's some really good cel shading there. I was wondering why the Unreal Engine was being used.

D

Deleted member

When I saw the Unreal Engine logo, I expected models, it's gonna be sweet.

Also, Next Gen only seems possible.

Atlus8

Smash Master
**** just got real. Now I'm definitely getting a PS4.

The shift to 3D models took me by surprise, and that's only because I first thought they were really well done sprites. That's some really good cel shading there. I was wondering why the Unreal Engine was being used.
I don't think they would push for a PS4 exclusive this soon! The majority of consumers that are going to pick up a PS4 are going to judge a game by its graphics and I don't think fighters are ready for next gen!

I also didn't notice the work on the sprites! Looks good!

D

Deleted member

I remember reading somwhere that ArcSys was gonna work on an exclusive PS4 title.

It'll either be Blazblue 4, GGXrd, or the coveted GGxBB

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't think they would push for a PS4 exclusive this soon! The majority of consumers that are going to pick up a PS4 are going to judge a game by its graphics and I don't think fighters are ready for next gen!

I also didn't notice the work on the sprites! Looks good!
They hinted it will be next gen like ManlySpirit said. They mentioned PS4 possibilities in helping fighters and that they make a new fighter for each gen.
I think they even outright said they were making a fighter for next gen too, but I can't remember.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can definitely see how next gen consoles would help. Assuming this is on PS4, this is really impressive. The improvements on cel shading are amazing. Makes me hope they'll go back on Wind Waker HD and use this as a reference.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
So, Halifax is having its first really big major today. Like, we've had large tournaments before, but we're running eight games today and tomorrow, it's gonna be awesome! That being said, if you're interested in 3SO, Injustice, AE 2012, UMvC3, P4A, BBCSE, TTT2, or SFxT, tune into the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/ralstoninstall You might even see yours truly. :p

Also, you'll be able to view the brackets at http://ralston.challonge.com/ as soon as people get registered later.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Raz didn't show. He's always dodgin' these days.

And thanks! I ended up 7th in P4A, which is a little disappointing, but I'm gonna be at least top three in BB, we're streaming that a little later today!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I know I am really late to the party, I just didn't care, but I've finally tried out Project M.

Blue Short Hop Lasers are such a beautiful thing.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So I got to seriously playing SF4 last night for the first time in a few months. After a few matches of adjusting from Tekken, I'm surprised at how much the fundamentals I learned in Tekken helped my Fuerte gameplay. I'm almost considering playing the game again.

D

Deleted member

I know I am really late to the party, I just didn't care, but I've finally tried out Project M.

Blue Short Hop Lasers are such a beautiful thing.

Indeed they are. I love a lot of the changes made to characters, like Snake for example, he's so fluid.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So I got to seriously playing SF4 last night for the first time in a few months. After a few matches of adjusting from Tekken, I'm surprised at how much the fundamentals I learned in Tekken helped my Fuerte gameplay. I'm almost considering playing the game again.

It's strange to say, but I feel that after I've started taking up TTT2 and gotten into it more and more (Lili/Asuka, Lili/Xiaoyu, Lee/Lars ftw) that I've started to learn more fundamentals too. Tekken kind of forces you to pick your spots, know your ranges and priorities, and to keep focused. Plus, you really can't just all out attack or else you'll get countered hard and wall carried. And, it might just be me, but a lot of commands and timing (along with even the movement) is precise and well timed, so you HAVE TO remain calm since if you freak out and start trying to mash out stuff, your character will just wind up doing weird twitching and jabs as you attempt to move.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
She's actually not bad, but I need to find a decent tag crash carry combo with her for Lili before I'd invest in her replacing Asuka on the team.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
f+2,1,4 is your main TA filler, but you may need to use ssr to fully connect. If Lili's combo is more than five hits, use RDS 1,4. Otherwise, use HYP 2 or f+3,1,1+2, or if you're at a wall, 1, d+2, 1+2.

There's a list of her most optimal combos on TZ at the end if her combo thread. I'd link you to the post but I'm at work.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You'll have to keep in mind TTT2 is the first Tekken game I've EVER played, and that aside from the notation being that of MK9, and assuming TA is "Tag Assault", I admittedly don't know the SSR, RDS, or HYP 2 bits and what they're short for.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
SSR - Side step right
RDS - Rain Dance, her back turned stance.
HYP - Hypnotist stance

Check Tekken Zaibatsu for more on the notations.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Kor obviously does but he didnt work on the guide. Also if any of you haven't seen this yet for Tekken here's a basic punishment video for each character except for Unknown, Violet and Dr.B which sucks but whatever. Also the video layout pic is kinda NSFW and IDK why the video maker used so letting you know right now.

https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0gQUWRLNGk&list=WLA398A2FB9286E5BA

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
The 16-bit fighting game masterpiece Weaponlord has just gotten a nice retrospective over at Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/forging-weaponlord-6409025/?tag=Topslot;Slot3

Throughout the early 1990's, a lasting divide between Eastern and Western fighting game design was forming. Eastern fighters, such as Street Fighter and The King of Fighters, had a reputation for fast-paced, highly complex play; while Western fighters, such as ClayFighter and Primal Rage, demonstrated a simpler, slower-paced approach. Unless you were Midway, creators of Mortal Kombat, it was suspect to think the West could bottle the technical wizardry of the East. Then along came WeaponLord. Designed by a small team in California, this game sought to combine Eastern complexity and Western brutality into one muscle-bound, broadsword-wielding whole. WeaponLord's creators thought they would conquer the world with this game--but they had to make it first.
This is a very well done piece for such an obscure fighting game that remains a cult classic in extremely hardcore circles.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's odd to see a Xiaoyu/Miharu guide on Kor's Tekken FB, for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm pretty sure he mains Bob/Slim Bob.
That's because a number of us there have been adding things in there like a wiki.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well okay, that totally makes sense and I can see that. Though, I've unfortunately heard rumours of the Tekken community giving off "inclusive" vibes and only liking old-school players. However, you don't seem that way, and a couple of the TTT2 players over here seem fine, so I think it's probably just overblown smoke.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, I'm not an old school player in the competitive sense.

TZ, from my understanding, has developed a reputation of being rather hostile to newcomers. I blame the fact that the Tekken games greatly reward veteran players so to them, mashing 1 to reduce the damage on King's Giant Swing is basic information while newbies don't know about that at all. Though, Kor's Tekken Academy seems to be where a lot of the activity goes these days while it's compiled at TZ.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
That's a pretty good deal. Granted, I got it at launch and oddly enough have wound up not playing it that much (which is unfortunate, since I kinda want to support NRS on this), but oh well. Though there's some rumours that Scorpion's already going to be online this week?

Top Bottom