• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Film Discussion

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Ever watched a film that you loved/ loathed and didn't have the chance to bicker, moan or praise it_? Well hold in your repressed emotions no more_ Discuss your thoughts on any films you've seen in this thread_

So to kick things off i guess i'll ***** about a movie i just watched called 'Mutant Chronicles'_ OMFG_!! Generally when you see a film with Ron Perlman AND John Malkovich, you would assume it to be worthwhile and a little bit ****ing enjoyable_ But oh no i couldn't be any more wrong_

Okay so where to start_ The ridiculously samey 'mutants' that just have one ****ing claw, shaved heads and are all males_?! Whch apparently are created from a magical machine that appeared from under the earth and started pumping out mutants *waves hands in air*_ Oh but could it be how ****ing stupid finally seeing this great machine is_? The fact it's a stupid rocket with gears that appear to do nothing and a conveyor belt that magically turns you into a mutant that is powered by **** knows what_ Perhaps magic dust or some crap_

The film is pretty much done entirely on green screen and it shows_ Backdrops look so fake that it reminds me of those days at scitech in like primary school when you stood infront of a camera and pretended to do stuff and then it added you into a fake background_ No seriously the effects are so bad it's not even laughable_ Blood that looks like someone threw a paint bucket at them, a fog of war that;'s just an excuse to not have a background an create darkness that technically shouldn't exist, dodgy smoke_!! Smoke ****ing smoke that should be so easy to create, apparently is harder then it should be_

The story is laughable, it's apparently in the future but doesn't seem to be in the future but is in the future but still looks like 1942 wtf_?! Oh wait did i mention stupid mutants_? Ron Perlman (Hellboy) is apparently in some cult that is sworn to protect the seal over this stupid machine of ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION *flails hands in air* and some prophecy, select few people to defeat it blah blah, oh wait, some broad who can dual wield swords but can't read_ Hardly any action and stupid things drag on forever, even though the footage is being fastforwarded slightly to make things look hectic, it still takes forever just to sit down in a plane and take off_

So for anyone who is interested in film and wants to see what a bad green screened film looks like, by all means watch 'Mutant Chronicles' but watch it in fast forward_ Even then i can't guarantee that fast forwarding it will make the film easier to enjoy, it still feels like forever_ To anyone else who might go 'ooh mutants i love mutants', THINK AGAIN JIVE SUCKER!! These mutants are not the fun lazer shooting, adamantium boned, psychic powered wonders we grow up to love_ My suggestions, just masturbate until you go cross eyed and faint because it's probably alot more fun than watching this will ever be_

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh god those were awesome. I think my parents still have the tapes we recorded with them >..>

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Ah Joss Whedon's attempt to breath some life back into the abandoned Firefly series_ Has anyone seen Dollhouse by any chance_? Still yet to watch_

Speaking of good tv series_ Watched True Blood s2 over the weekend and it is by far my favourite tv series overall, followed closely by Dexter_ To anybody who has not watched these shows i highly recommend them_ True Blood is just awsomely enjoyable and addictive to watch_

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i recommend zombieland
like shaun of dead less british comedy (can be good or bad depending on your taste)
different for shaun of dead...i guess zombies/comedy is why i thought they were similar

thx for not reconmmending mutant thingo.. was gonna watch it =D

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Have to study The Departed and Run Lola Run for Media Exams

The Departed you can watch 10 times (trust me I have done it ;)) and not be sick of it. It's just too good

True Romance

Smash Ace
Imo Serenity is not a bad movie if you go into it thinking it's just one long firefly episode. Can imagine though if watched out of context it would seem like a piece of ****.

Rewatched alot of QT movies after seeing Inglorious Basterds recently, and after re watching the movie that inspired my gamer tag, True Romance, I can still comfortably say it's one of the most bad arse quasi ridiculous run and gun fests you will see lol.

Vermy

Smash Champion
serenity is a crap film
You're going to burn in a very special level of Hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.
wubs to those who get the reference <3

Best movies evar:
Boondock Saints
Fight Club
Tank Girl
Interview With The Vampire
Bad Boys II
Dragon Tiger Gate (eng sub)
Legend Of The Drunken Master

Defy this list and engulfed in the flames from my imaginary Arcanine.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I think you mean "and BE engulfed"

ong bak, now theres a movie that rips d!ck

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Hah speaking of 'Ong Bak', has anybody seen 'The Protector'_? The one where he is trying to find an elephant he is sworn to protect lol_ The story is horrible but it has an amazing 'one shot' scene that really runs well_ That and the hilariously awsome breaking bones scene_

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
Imo Serenity is not a bad movie if you go into it thinking it's just one long firefly episode. Can imagine though if watched out of context it would seem like a piece of ****.
Yeah, we had to watch it for school, and I've never watched Firefly. But the movie should at least attempt to be enjoyable to non-watchers... I just didn't understand anything.

If you're going to make a movie about a TV show, it should be like Wrath Of Khan, which I loved despite not ever watching Star Trek.

And I agree that Fight Club is amazing.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Being into KB and other martial arts I quite enjoyed the attempt to get some reaslism in Tony Jaa's movies. There is still a sense of ridiculousness to them but they are a ****e side beter then most other asian martial arts movies. Oh and protector from a purely martial arts point of view is better then ong bak, despite having a terrible story line.

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
I've seen Run Lola Run (It's a German movie right? Well there's a German movie called that either way .-.) It was pretty good.

Mmm, Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain is really good. A french film, and it's a romantic comedy which is usually a bad thing, but it's actually really good. Plus I love the soundtrack.

Splice

Smash Hero
I remember that Dog Soldiers was the first horror that was entertaining when i was like 8, and then I watched it again and it's the worst movie ive ever seen, the effects and everything are so bad...

There hasn't been a good horror movie in cinema for quite a while now.

Mario Bros. Movie is totally cool, as long as you don't try to relate it to actually being about the video game character.

Ant1

Smash Ace
The thing isn't exactly the scariest movie, but the special effects and gory make up effects in it are amazing considering when it was made. Some scenes in it are kinda funny too.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Kurt Russel is also the sexiest/toughest man alive which doesnt hurt either

Mother ****er played Snake Pliskin!!

Dedu

Smash Lord
Kurt Russell in STARGATE.
OMIGAWD!

Crappiest sci fi film ever but my fave stargate movie. LOL.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Finally watch Pulp Fiction, **** it has to be one of my favorites of all time now. The plot is so wrong but so good at the same time

MTGod

Smash Champion
Worst movie I've ever watched: The Happening... by a long shot... C'mon, Shyamalan - plants??? REALLY!?!?!?

Ant1

Smash Ace
Worst movie hmm, Date Movie or Battlefield Earth. Battlefield Earth just has such wtf moments like theres these neanderthal type humans, and with just a few hours in a flight simulator they are able to perfectly pilot jets........................

Vermy

Smash Champion
I hated House of 1000 Corpses. Thought it was horrible. Just bad.

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope has and always will be my favourite movie. Was ahead of it's time, and still entertains millions. <3

Vermy

Smash Champion
Episode IV reminds me of a simpler time, I was like 7 years old, playing with Lego in the lounge room, I only had Episode IV on video (that's right, vhs, remember that?) and I'd watch it over and over and never get sick of it. Still can.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Lol Mario bros movie. That was terrible... TERRIBLE.
I've watched it twice, once where I tried to watch it as a mario movie. And it sucked.
And the other where I watched it for a laugh. I laughed but it still sucked =P.

I watched the Lion King 1 and 1/2 with my GF yesterday, and sadly I enjoyed it and still remembered the lyrics to the songs from lion king 1.

tkls

Smash Apprentice
Hard candy is an awesome movie.

As is Martyrs.

Both should be seen by all

Avatar in 3D was amazing, though the story was a little weak

Vermy

Smash Champion
I concur. I think that it was far too predictable.

Boy can't walk
Boy finds vessel that can walk
Boy is blue
Blue boy meets blue girl
Blue boy falls in love with blue girl
Blue secks is had
Blue family no likey
Blue boy betrays home for Blue girl
Blue people fight human people
Blue boy leads them to victory
Blue people win
Blue people are rejoicing
Blue boy stays blue boy
The end.

No unpredictable twists. Needed a good solid twist.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i liked avater... even if the key points were predictable

i think the twist was the tree was more valuable than the ore

the various themes of enviromentalism and polictics involved that discuss the future of earth :X

Top Bottom