• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination: Workshop General social thread

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Can you make me a Brawl+ signature involving :V

?
If you had an idea that would be lovely, but when I have some free time I would be happy to sit down and see what I can come up with myself if you don't have anything.

Once I'm done with mine that is... I still want to have G&W groping his tentacles around the B+ logo :V (which sounds so disturbing when I type it out...)

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Me and my friend were going to host a Brawl+ comp at our school, and the latest official build feels really out of date. Would it be bad to use 5.0?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I think I'm done with my sig, or at least to the point where I'm satisfied with it.

I hope everybody likes tentacle gRAPE :V

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
We are currently gathering feedback on the 5.0 Nightly / Release Candidate. We're working on polishing it to be the quality necessary for a Tournament-approved Official Set. I don't think we've set an exact date for it yet, but it shouldn't be too long.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
PAL codesets shouldn't be as much of a hassle anymore; assuming the most recent PAL file replacement code can handle the PSA files (not sure if it can or not) then not nearly as many codes would have to be ported each build.

It's hard to want to use an official build for tournaments... you get so used to changes in the test builds and the metagame delves off to places where the officials just don't touch due to the changes...

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
People always talk about Melee 2.0.... somebody should make a 64 2.0, lol. I miss epic combos, mad gimps, silly hitboxes, and taunt-cancelling.

kr3wman

Smash Master
People always talk about Melee 2.0.... somebody should make a 64 2.0, lol. I miss epic combos, mad gimps, silly hitboxes, and taunt-cancelling.
People dont have the guts to add fun stuff like that. Sex Kick Spikes, 2 second hitstun, Grabbing failed techs, it would be so broken and so... so...

happy >:3

kr3wman

Smash Master
So today at the montreal weeklies we had the chance to play Ally, brawl+ champion of SNES at GAMEUNICOOOOON.

Everyone pretty much beat him soundly. Like most people could probably trade sets with him. And then at first, Thatguy won against Ally and we were like 'OMG NEW BRAWL+ WORLD CHAMPION' And everytime that person would lose a new world champion would be proclaimed. Pretty funny stuff. Ally later admitted pretty much everyone he faced at the tournament was a scrub.

=)

100% truth.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Ouch. >_>

What did he think of Plus?
I guess he liked the change of pace, but he said it was pretty dumb in the way that everything is easy to do, not saying the game is dumb in general, but some aspects are just dumbed down like some characters its just like 'Do upthrow, do Upsmash, then upair and you got a 45% lead no problem' and its just really easy to do so. Something like that. Most people also commented on the fact that the only thing different about his Snake was that after an upthrow at low percents, well that's a free uptilt, and after that it's a free upair. After that he'll just keep on throwing out those nades and C4 and random first hit of ftilt to jab to full ftilt shenanigans that you can tech out of but nobody except him played snake anyway.

OH HE TRYNA START SUM BEEFS WIT THE TRI-STATE PEEPS

I smell a NY/NJ vs Canada crew battle in the works.
OH **** ITS GOIIIIN DOOOOOWN

Actually the Montreal community is hosting a Brawl+ tournament, but like an Idiot Zaf decided to only post it in the Canada subforum. I was sure we could get like more people out of country too.

but still.

ITS GOING DOOOOOOOWWWWN.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I guess he liked the change of pace, but he said it was pretty dumb in the way that everything is easy to do, not saying the game is dumb in general, but some aspects are just dumbed down like some characters its just like 'Do upthrow, do Upsmash, then upair and you got a 45% lead no problem' and its just really easy to do so. Something like that.
With what characters? Only one of the top of my head is charizard. >_>

Next time you see him, tell him thanks for the input and we'll work on that.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Bowser, Zelda, Squirtle, ROB, MK and Wolf all have very ridiculous combos.

Like Bowser his upthrow is just complete stupidity, like, you can only DI it forward and the only thing that doing that will get you is getting a sweetspot fair in the face without much effort from bowser. DIing backwards just makes you go straight up.

Zelda her entire moveset is ridiculous except maybe like, her specials. Nothing bad makes up for it except that there's better characters.

Squirtle it's just like his upair is Falcon's uair from smash64. Dumb stuff but the fact that he gets gimped really easily by anyone with a spike and that he doesn't have anything that kills early himself leaves him open to tons of counterpicks.

ROB is just stupid and nothing makes up for it except that he's big and thats not that big of a weakness when you're not like, 'well uh, dk is pretty big, so he has a big hurtbox, so that must be a weakness of his' duuuur.

MK is just dumb like ROB.

Wolf is just dumb like ROB and MK.

That's pretty much the opinion of Montreal on some of the characters right there.

Revven

FrankerZ
Bowser, Zelda, Squirtle, ROB, MK and Wolf all have very ridiculous combos.

Like Bowser his upthrow is just complete stupidity, like, you can only DI it forward and the only thing that doing that will get you is getting a sweetspot fair in the face without much effort from bowser. DIing backwards just makes you go straight up.

Zelda her entire moveset is ridiculous except maybe like, her specials. Nothing bad makes up for it except that there's better characters.

Squirtle it's just like his upair is Falcon's uair from smash64. Dumb stuff but the fact that he gets gimped really easily by anyone with a spike and that he doesn't have anything that kills early himself leaves him open to tons of counterpicks.

ROB is just stupid and nothing makes up for it except that he's big and thats not that big of a weakness when you're not like, 'well uh, dk is pretty big, so he has a big hurtbox, so that must be a weakness of his' duuuur.

MK is just dumb like ROB.

Wolf is just dumb like ROB and MK.

That's pretty much the opinion of Montreal on some of the characters right there.
Bowser: I mean it's Bowser though, if we got rid of the Uthrow buff (which was intentional so he could follow-up from it) then the only potential combo throw he has is Dthrow which some times can land him an Ftilt. Bowser has a ton of weaknesses, I couldn't quite understand why you'd want to take his Uthrow buff away just because it looks stupid that he gets a free Fair from it. Sheik gets a free Bair or Fair from her Dthrow depending on how you DI it, how is this any different?

Zelda: That's just how she functions, she has always been like that. Even since vBrawl, she always combo'd into multiple Usmashes or Utilts. I don't think it would be right for any of us to strip her playstyle away like that. We DID try fixing Usmash before, the Zeldas who play her for her style didn't like that even though it was for the balance of the game at the time. But then they showed us the kind of weaknesses she has that makes that kind of playstyle "ok" for her. She's just garbage in close combat, like, once you're inside her she can't really do much of anything.

Squirtle: I'd hate to let this slip, but, this is actually getting fixed in the next build (Uair).

ROB: It's freakin' ROB, he's weak from below while he's in the air, he's big (as you mentioned), and can't KO nearly as early as someone else can (yes I know about Dthrow > Nair). Don't you remember when we did try to nerf him? Holy was gonna kill us! :laugh:

MK: It's MK though, he's always been dumb. (Not that we're not gonna do anything about it because we are).

Wolf: Yes DACUS > Uair/Fair is quite repetitive. I know how good Wolf is, trying to tell everyone else and getting them to understand is the problem. The guy has legit weaknesses though. He gets easily combo'd (though he stops that with Down B), he can get gimped quite easily (although people have said he can't... which is weird because it's WOLF), and he doesn't have quite as much range as someone like Marth. He's definitely improved a lot from vBrawl, and I like that. I'd hate to nerf his combos though just because they look dumb.

Changing the angles of some of the "dumb" looking moves that combo into other things might allow for more DI, but, even so that would be changing how the move sends them. The only characters out of that group that I could agree to fixing dumb combos for would be MK, Snake, and *possibly* Wolf.

But yeah this is the social thread so it's liek why are dumb combo characters being discussed? :dizzy:

kr3wman

Smash Master
Suuuuuure.

It's not just the combos that are dumb with Zelda/ROB/MK/Wolf you know.

Everything else pretty much is.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
wow smash is so dumb

animu fighters are so dumb

guise im still playing mvc2 btw so im not a hypocrite

lets complain about everything japanese while playing STREET FIGHTER 4

AWW YEAH

ZANGIEF WHERE U AT

SRK: WE DA BEST

-_-

Top Bottom