• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination: Workshop General social thread

timothyung

Smash Ace
Changing/removing the CSS code shouldn't cause desyncs
And the FC list is not very useful, because you can always check their FC in their profile. And you only ask for FCs when you first fight with each other, anyway.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Does anyone here live in Georgia?
I seriously need Brawl+ buddies =(
Yo IC3R, I'm happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but L2REGIONALBOARDS http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246394
(that's the actual link to the Georgia locater thread not just to the regional boards)

I found a community and I live in Alaska, an hour away from a city with only 300K people. I'm sure you can find someone in Georgia and show them Brawl+.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Just post in it and call up peeps, it's only akward the first time. If you don't live by yourself yet then it gets a bit harder, but it's still possible you just gotta get to know them first and come up with a plan of some sort.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
Yoo Who Cannon mini game is impossible in that game. I don't see how someone can get "A" rank in that.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Where the hell has that been the whole time?!?!

/facepalm
so ya GA has these "folks" that may be of interest:

Really good people

ZeonStar - goes to TN tourneys instead, lives like in the middle of no where.

Rayku - likes the game until something he considers 'gay' happens to him, then he says B+ is trash. He prefers Melee. Bring headphones in you're gonna play Brawl+.

BigLou - He plays Luigi, that's all.

???
ZOMB~ - Plays Snake only to make other hate B+. IDK how that works now tho. He does a good job at this tho.

FroznPopo - plays Ice Climbers

Teh_Albino - scrub, plays King Dedede and just hopes for tech chases; just pick Kirby and wait for a spotdodge and fsmash <_<

Player-3 - Plays Captain Falcon, does it for lulz. Exploits dash attack -> everything because stun on that move is inappropriate.

VietGeek - sucks, don't bother.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
So I believe I promised you all an epic 3000th post, didn't I?

Didn't I?

Didn't I?

DIDN'T I?

Yes, yes I did.

Well, at long last, here it is.

You may want to prepare yourself for a moment before you get to the actual post.

Just for a moment.

It would be wise to sit down about now.

Are you sitting down yet?

Good.

Now, prepare to brace for epic.

I give you...

my 3000th post:

+1

IC3R

Smash Lord
so ya GA has these "folks" that may be of interest:

ZeonStar - goes to TN tourneys instead, lives like in the middle of no where.
Hellz yeah!

Teh_Albino - scrub, plays King Dedede and just hopes for tech chases; just pick Kirby and wait for a spotdodge and fsmash <_<
*is Kirby main*

Player-3 - Plays Captain Falcon, does it for lulz. Exploits dash attack -> everything because stun on that move is inappropriate.
lol me too =3

VietGeek - sucks, don't bother.
lolwut?

EDI:: lol @ leaf

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
leaf just blew my ****ing mind.

oh and this is my first post on my Zune HD. Screw iTouch users :V

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
How is the ZUne HD?
Sex.
I'm not just being a Microsoft fanboy when I say this (I personally hate Apple fanboys. They don't realize that PC's are far better machines. Specs and numbers don't lie, and any PC can run Mac software just as Mac's can run any PC software :V) but I absolutely love it. I've owned an iTouch (and the original Zune), and sold them when I saw the Zune HD coming out.

Things I love:
Simple UI, even further improved from the previous Zune UI. It's clean, easy to navigate, and includes a small history tab you can bring up to go straight to something you were doing last. That includes the internet history, which is great.

Beautiful screen. It can output video into HD, and the video quality on itself is nice and on the OLED screen which has much nicer looking colors than a standard LCD.

Faster accelerometer. Nothing too serious, but it is definitely much more responsive than the iTouch's when going from a horizontal to vertical screen.

Better sound quality. Huge plus for me, as a drummer who seriously cares about sound quality. Zune's have always had better sound quality, this didn't disappoint.

Responsive touch screen, just as much so as the iTouch. Didn't feel weird going from one to the other, a lot of times you get something that drops inputs or feels unresponsive and I haven't noticed anything wrong.

Cheaper than an iTouch... that goes without saying. The 32 gig model is like 20 dollars cheaper than an 32 gig iTouch, so yeah :V

If you are used to the Zune marketplace, you might be like me and think it has a much better UI than iTunes... marketplace is available when you have WiFi and its just as easy to get around.

It may have just been because I owned a much older model of the iTouch, but the onscreen keyboard feels so much better. I was actually able to type out a few paragraph posts here on it from school without wanting to shoot myself.

Gripes:

You are going to have to wait for an update to the internet browser to be available for download for Flash. So for now there's no YouTube :(

Isn't available in a 64 gig model yet... can't fit EVERYTHING I want on it. Had to limit some of my videos, which stinks.

Doesn't have the app support the iTouch has yet. Microsoft released the tools for people to make their own apps for the Zune a long time ago, and updated it for Zune HD but the only problem is that you have to find them yourself on various Zune fansites. No convenient app store, and you have to install them through XNA (runs off of C# or C++ forget which one) which can be a bother. The app store is what Microsoft has made personally for it, but at least its all free. I can only hope it will change in the future to allow all the people who already make apps for the Zune to put them on the marketplace.

Only store that sold it was Best Buy unless I wanted to order from the internet... Problem being is that I had to go well out of my area to find a Best Buy... :V

Default search engine is Bing... Ew. I know Microsoft is just using their own search engine but Bing ain't no Google when it comes to getting what I want from a search.

So yeah... I personally like it much more than my iTouch, and if Microsoft eventually allows people to put the apps they already made on the marketplace for direct download onto it then I'll love it even more.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I really like my Zune but I HATE the Zune software. For one thing it makes my computer run slow moreso than most any other program for some reason, and for another I just don't really like the interface.

Zune>iPod though
Zune<iPod touch (it should be since a touch is much more expensive)
Zune HD>iPod touch

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I really like my Zune but I HATE the Zune software. For one thing it makes my computer run slow moreso than most any other program for some reason, and for another I just don't really like the interface.

Zune>iPod though
Zune<iPod touch (it should be since a touch is much more expensive)
Zune HD>iPod touch
I can see where you are coming from with the Zune's software.
It does like to compete with everything else for you computer's power. Its a lot of unnecessary razzle dazzle in the software which really serves nothing besides trying to look pretty. A lot of it could be done away with, but its something I like about it because my computer has no issues with it at all :V

The interface just comes down to personal preference I spose.

Zune's only issue is coming into the market so late, when it was already so clearly dominated by iPod. You can bring up solid facts as to why a Zune (or even just a PC to a Mac) is better (like comparing specs) and people still go "lolol iPods r better." It's hard to convince people to buy a new product when they an just stick with the "norm" and go iPod :\

leafgreen386

Dirty camper

zxeon

Smash Lord
Final Destination
Fight Club

First lets go over the rules

1st RULE: You do not talk about Final Destination FIGHT CLUB.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Final Destination FIGHT CLUB.
3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.
4th RULE: Only two guys(Gals?) to a fight.
5th RULE: One fight at a time.
6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.
7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.
8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

Final Destination Fight club ends on Thursday. So Who's up first?

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
'Como' can't be masculine or feminine because it's not an adjective. Llamar is a verb, literally meaning 'to call'. Conjugating is as 'llamo' would be talking about myself, but 'te' refers to you. I think what you said translated to something along the lines of "What do you call myself?".

"Me llamo [nombre aqui]" would be saying "I am called [name here]". But if you were talking to somebody about their name, you would use 'llamas'. At least you would casually. If it was a teacher or a friend's parent (basically if you needed to address them formally), you would conjugate it in the 'Uds.' form.

Top Bottom