• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
On second thought, looks like I've covered most of the active players. I don't have strong feelings one way or the other on Raziek, and T-block I think is townie, don't understand the heat on him.

Gova, Seph, Red Ryu, and Rajam need to post more. Just saying.

Anyway, please don't let Ryker direct this game. If he goes tomorrow "Oh, Nich was town but I'm justified, let's kill T-block", and then repeats it on D3 with a new target after a T-block town flip, I'm going to get punch you guys through the internet.

I'm not going to bother to claim, since knowing my role won't help town any if I can't actually use it, and if I'm not actually dead then there's no point claiming.

Hey OS, if there are no reviver style roles in this game, and I am in fact dead, could you give me the setup and who's who? I want to know how accurate my reads are.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Okay. Yeah don't introduce unnecessary questions about validity by claiming, we'll be getting that soon enough.

Liked your reactions decently enough until that last line. Seems too much like you're trying to look like town who's been killed imo. Plus looking back a bit, the part about calling me intelligent if it was fake, which was certainly appreciated, but seems out of place considering I just killed you.

In a nutshell, you seem really okay with being dead. All that passion and anger I saw with you arguing with not one hour ago just evaporated. You're not coming across as bitter at being killed, you're coming across as someone who needs to look town in the off chance its a gambit.

But alas, its not. Feeling good about the call.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
So, that's pretty much everything. It was... kinda fun, kinda frustrating playing with you guys. For the record, I was telling the truth about going after Nickel to generate discussion. I have no idea how on earth Ryker can pretend otherwise (well, I do, because he's an idiot, but I have no idea why other people believe him). As for my own play... well, I have no problems with what I did pre-Gheb, and I feel like my post-Gheb play was pretty solid as well. The case on Gheb itself... well, it wasn't my best play, but I don't think it was my worst either. I seriously need to go a bit slower and build up some more material before I attack in full force, because it feels like I ended up undermining my own credibility somewhat there.

@T-block
Could you make sure my reads aren't forgotten for tomorrow, please? Thanks.

@Ryker
You're an idiot, and hopefully my flip will finally prove that to the rest of town.

@Everyone not named Ryker
Seriously, go back to the people on my wagon, and examine their reasons very closely. It's almost always the case that a bad wagon on a townie contains at least one mafia, and I doubt that this is an exception. (If you doubt that, consider that 3 mafia + people after me = easy lynch.)

@EE
Once I get confirmation that I am dead, would you mind giving me some critique about my play in AIM?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Glyph
Heh. Honestly, I'm not terribly upset with dying. Ryker and co were getting incredibly annoying, and this town on the whole looks to be weaker than Fire Emblem, so I was legitimately worried about arguing out of the lynch, weak though the case against me was. (And at least being daykilled as opposed to lynch keeps alive my streak of never being lynched as town. ;))

But yeah, assuming the shot is for real for a second, I have a couple pointers for you.

1. You really should have asked me to claim. My role isn't that strong as it turns out, but what if I'd been the town watcher or something?

2. You should have saved the shot in any case. Seriously, why use it on someone who stands a good chance of being lynched anyway, especially when it's basically a replacement for the lynch?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Asking people to claim out of no where usually doesn't go over well in my experience heh.

And to ensure what I want to happen, happens. Why drag it out, especially when the whole conversation was being choked by Ryker v Nich.

But it looks like you've been considering the circumstances of my shot a lot. I still see a lot of scum thought process in your post. If I were to be shot under these circumstances and was town, I'd just feel like 'oh damn well i guess Glyph bought into that dumb case against me'. But you're still very focused on how I handled the whole thing, and whether or not it makes sense if its real. Dats self-preservation, yo.

Also you used a winkyface and winkyfaces are always scumtells (only partially joking on that)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
lol Glyph.

Honestly, I suspect the whole thing is in fact fake, I don't think you're stupid enough to actually pull this on me out of the blue, especially considering you had me as frustrated town earlier. (That's a contributing factor as to why I'm not terribly furious right now. If Ryker had done what you just did, I'd be a lot more upset, between the double frustration of him somehow being town and JUST THAT DUMB. I'd probably still be posting my reads, but there'd be much more yelling involved about how utterly stupid he is.)

However, on the off chance the shot is in fact real, I figured I should get my thoughts out there quickly.

Also, those posts weren't the best for self preservation. There's a few lines Ryker's probably rubbing his hands at the idea of using for ammo against me. For instance, I'm sure he'd act as if my calling him out as my #1 scum tell was just OMGUS, and he'd love to pretend that my noting that part of Gheb's play seems townie and that he's now a secondary scum read is "another example of backtracking".

Do I want to survive? To put it bluntly, yes I do, since I'm the only person that I 100% know is town, and there are very few players in this game that I trust to be competent. With that in mind, I'm going to fight my own lynch for all I'm worth, unless it serves a very clear purpose for town. (However, I will NOT pull a Megaman X-Ryker and push lynches on townies just to keep myself alive. Playing to your survival is only a good idea if you're helping town in the process.) At any rate, throwing a fit in what might be my final words isn't going to do anybody any good, and I had some things I hadn't said that needed to be put out there.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Okay.

Well I've made my stance clear, but its not up to me whether or not you die at this point. There is a built in balance to my daykill in that some other player has to either confirm it or deny it. I don't have any information on who the other person is, but I've done my best to show that I feel its the right call to push through.

Very interested in hearing other people's comments on the whole situation. Like, anyone at all.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I've never been fully into this game yet, adventure time has my full attention atm, but legit dayvig? I'll comment before I go to be tonight.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Okay.

Well I've made my stance clear, but its not up to me whether or not you die at this point. There is a built in balance to my daykill in that some other player has to either confirm it or deny it. I don't have any information on who the other person is, but I've done my best to show that I feel its the right call to push through.

Very interested in hearing other people's comments on the whole situation. Like, anyone at all.
Very interesting. If they deny it, do you get to use the daykill again later?

Also, since I forgot to do it earlier,

Unvote, Vote: Ryker

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Its not addressed in my role PM, but I think the wording hints that I would? I'll have to clarify.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Nich said:
Since I forgot to do it earlier: Unvote Vote: Ryker
These are the moments where I cannot find any stupid buttfrustrated townNich motivation,... at all.

Forgot to do it? You started as just annoyed with me but not thinking I was scum, right? So where was the point of realization? Oh right,... it didn't happen. Why? Because you're scum?

Your change of opinion comes extremely conveniently after Gheb says something targeting me.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
These are the moments where I cannot find any stupid buttfrustrated townNich motivation,... at all.
Like you were considering that in the first place.

Forgot to do it? You started as just annoyed with me but not thinking I was scum, right? So where was the point of realization? Oh right,... it didn't happen. Why? Because you're scum?

Your change of opinion comes extremely conveniently after Gheb says something targeting me.
I'd been thinking about it for a while, but I hadn't posted publicly about it. When Glyph made the shot, I had to make the decision then and there on whether to dismiss you as dumb or go after you as scum. For the points outlined, I decided the latter was more likely.

And I'm amused that you think I'm trying to buddy Gheb considering our clash earlier. I'd be rather happy if he agreed and joined your wagon, but I don't expect it in the slightest, I bet he won't really consider my stances any time soon unless he sees my flip.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Anyway Ryker, if you're so sure of yourself, let's make a deal. If T-block flips scum (or myself I guess, but that's moot because I know I'm town), I'll quit maintaining that you're a horrible player and admit you have some scum hunting skill. However, if we both flip town, you can drop your "I'm the best ever" mentality and admit that my play in the past few games has outshines yours. Deal?

Nich that's assuming Ryker is town. :smirk:

Gheb what do you think about Nich now? What about Nick?

Personally wish Nich was lynched instead of insta killed, but besides from the method of execution we're quite frankly fine with Nich being dead?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Anyway Ryker, if you're so sure of yourself, let's make a deal. If T-block flips scum (or myself I guess, but that's moot because I know I'm town), I'll quit maintaining that you're a horrible player and admit you have some scum hunting skill. However, if we both flip town, you can drop your "I'm the best ever" mentality and admit that my play in the past few games has outshines yours. Deal?
Question Nich. What do you gain from linking yourself with T-Block here? I mean, as scum, you set up that kettle of WIFOM, but as town you get jack ****.

I seem to remember you praising Gheb for not using that "he agrees with me so he must be town logic" but here (and other places in these past few pages) you're being hypocritical.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hoping Glyph faked the shot tbh. Still OK with Nich dying but killing him 4 days before deadline? We could've at least gotten a check on whether inactive people start getting into the game or not and see who of them is going to become a liability later. Or at least we could've had some more interesting discussions and connections could've been made.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb what do you think about Nich now? What about Nick?
1.) Nich I'm OK with dying. I actually reconsidered whether he should be my #1 pick or not but now there's no longer any point in doing so. I think his death is a good solution for toDay regardless of whether he would've ended up as my #1 pick or like tied with somebody else for #2 or something. Should he flip town at least we can start focusing on the freeblock / Raz / Ryker trio.

2.) Nickel hasn't done shit. Wouldn't mind seeing him vigged.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ryker - Red Ryu, Nicholas1024,
Nicholas1024- Legolas, Ryker, MOD
Red Ryu- Rajam,
Rajam - NickelbackR0cks, Raziek, Inferno3044,
Legolas - MOD
Inferno - T-block,
T-block - Gheb, Glyph,

Gova, Seph,

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is February 17th at 3:00 PM E

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Gheb
Will you look at Ryker in depth upon my town flip? Hoping the other part of the vig combo decides not to shoot and I can press his case in person, but I kinda doubt it.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'll do what I have to to get my reads heard and acted on. I notice that you conveniently avoided any comments on my case, considering I won't be around to push it much longer, and other people aren't likely to push it for me.

T-block

B2B TST
sorry guys, i defs don't have time to be in this, as much as i want to. ima focus what little time i can into walgreens, since this game will no doubt have an easier time finding replacements.

@mod: request replacement

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So what were you hoping to achieve, G-life?

Beyond having Nich dead? Pretty much exactly what's happened here. I thought that Ryker v Nich (while entertaining) was largely dumb and repetitive on many issues. Rather than watch Ryker cite the same things over and over I figured I'd put some new pressure on. Figured if the kill went through, great, Nich dead. If it doesn't, great, I can do my best to ensure we get some new information out of him.

I understand where you're coming from with wondering why I did it so early, but bear in mind that the check to my power has allllll day to get their decision in. That's why my vote is still on T-block atm, someone can just pull the plug on Nich.

That's assuming my check wants Nich dead of course. If we get close to deadline and he hasn't made a move I am all for the standard lynch.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'll do what I have to to get my reads heard and acted on. I notice that you conveniently avoided any comments on my case, considering I won't be around to push it much longer, and other people aren't likely to push it for me.
Why not?

sorry guys, i defs don't have time to be in this, as much as i want to. ima focus what little time i can into walgreens, since this game will no doubt have an easier time finding replacements.

@mod: request replacement
Booooooooooooo

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Because nobody ever pushes dead player's reads. For crying out loud, in Time Travelers I spent all of D1 going on about how ridiculously scummy Nabe was, and almost got him lynched before his scum buddy fake claimed governor to save Nabe. I then proceeded to lynch said scum buddy, get NK'd night 1 and despite all of that Nabe still lasted to D4 before getting lynched. (Granted, there were some extenuating circumstances, but COME ON!)

Considering in this game I didn't have time to rebuild my reputation, and town looks to be one of the weakest I've seen in a while, I'd be very surprised if anyone actually listened to me. My main hope is that my death will make Gheb and a few of the other people on my wagon re-analyze things at this point. But I'm not exactly holding my breath.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Considering Gheb just mentioned following up on Ryker (along with T-block and Raz), I don't think that's something you need to worry about.

If people aren't pushing your reads after your gone then you haven't done a good enough job convincing them that you were right imo.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
This is an emotion based town, Glyph. Logic is pushed off to the side while "Y U SO SCUMMY" rules the day. Half the game probably doesn't even read my posts at this point. If you have any ideas on what else I could do to get people to listen, I'm listening.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm certainly not going to try to deny that there are several players in this game I don't have the highest hopes for. That's not to say there aren't players in it I think can make informed decisions as well though.

Glancing at the OP I see 8 names that I think could handle themselves given the chance to. That leaves 5 I either don't know enough about to say or think they could not handle the pressure. Not that bad.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Rajam do you only address things if they are explicitly directed at you?

If so: Rajam, talk about SOMETHING THAT MATTERS

Top Bottom