• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Round XI Brawl Tourney Results

namynam

Smash Rookie
i didnt stay around for the finals, but props to the people that placed...

I only met a few people, but i remember playin Desu, Pozerwolf, and a marth player, but GGs to anyone else that i might've forgotten...

ynomrahnsguht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HarmonyFlame
3DS FC
0387-8828-8761
thanks for results larry...shout outs still coming later im lazy...anybody find out who was the marth player with the blue hoodie who destroyed this kirby player...he was black if that helps
he replied in the other thread. i think his name was nite.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
So everyone...Tong got 49th
Pretty impressive amirite

Anyways GGs and shoutouts to all the regulars, but some special shoutouts for the things that really made FR for me:

First and foremost, Chaddd - for sandbagging and losing to me.

Marty - who wins the award for most boring Brawl matches to watch in the entire universe.

Blunts - for playing a beastly Lucario (which I unfortunately did not get to play), but also being an especially awesome dude and chatting me up about the GG scene/tournament.

Justin Wong - for beating people at Smash Bros. Come on people! He doesn't even play this game!

Those Melty Blood players....I believe one was named Choco? - Anyway they put on an awesome $100 show and got a lot of hype up for Smash Bros. Good stuff guys.

And of course.... Mike G - For not only teaching me a bunch of things about my own character, winning the tournament, and being an overall awesome dude, but also driving Tong and I home! Congrats on the victory man. Let's get some wifi matches!

Good stuff to all the people I played friendlies and brackets with, and the people who just make tournaments great fun - XIF, Eugene, Dogy, Desu, Fullmetal, Bobby, Datman, and all the rest, hope to see you all at the next tournaments!

P.S. Tong sucks

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Wow, I see a couple of names I recognize that don't play smash, or haven't before.

HeartNana, JWong, and Buktooth.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
The tourney itself wasn't bad, but the location was terrible. Both for smash players in the room and people out of the room. Hopefully next time they can get everything in the same room because that was way too much back-and-forth nonsense for me.

Other than that, Jaxx did a great job running the tourney. Sorry if i snapped at you with the projector thing. We (arcana) got screwed over the entire day. Got very little setups, got switched to sunday night (worst time slot) and had a top contender (justin) forfiet because he was doing too much other stuff, and a TON of prereggers decided not to enter, making our entry count really low. We also had NO setups when we got there, and for a couple hours, we were on one small TV in the corner. We managed to get a few setups for the tourney going. A lot of promises were made too, such as top 8 on big screen, which turned to top 6, which turned to top 4, which turned to losers and grand finals, which turned into getting it done on a side TV (tho that TV was awesome). It was a long day, and the reason i travelled to FR in the first place got kinda screwed over, so I was annoyed when we got kicked off, cause i figured we could at least salvage SOMETHING by having finals on the big screen. Our finals, in the end, were amazing and still worth it, so it turned out ok. At least i was able to use that anger and vent it out while playing, haha.

But yeah, sorry to my losers opponent for forfieting, i was running arcana and couldnt go back and forth that much. Even if i went back again, if i won, i would have to go back...AGAIN, which wouldn't have been worth it.

To the wolf player that owned me - GG's, i havent really gotten "owned" since i stated playing (unfortunately, as its hard to get better without other people beating you), so when you did, it was a good wake up call that if i want to get serious, i gotta step it up. Good stuff.

SOrry about that rob. I'll do a better job next year sir.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
LOL My mindgames are all over the place.

And yea, it's cool that some SRK people are trying out Smash. I recognize a few others too like Humbag and Masterchibi.
lol oh.

All right shawdy, this is Jaxx posting the results for final round. We had 78 people enter and here are your winners.

1st: Mike G $546 (Snake, Kirby)
2nd: Justin Wong (yea I said Justin Wong) $156 (like JW needed more loot) (Diddy, Rob)
3rd: GA Peach $78 (Dedede)
4th: DESU! :( (Dedede)

I would like to thank everyone who came out to the tourney. I, along with Scott Popular, will be hosting the brawl tourney next year as well for Final Round XII. There will be a $20 entry fee this time around, and if the numbers hit over 100 for next years tourney, I will consider breaking the pot down so that top 8 will take money home.

Also for next years tourney, we will have 2v2 teams, because we have 2 days to do the tourney. Team tourney will be $40 a team and will be standard breakdown for the loot 70 20 10, if we don't have enough teams enter, I will consider winner take all. However if we have too many teams I'll also consider top 8 getting some loot as well.

I would like to apologize for the time limit, ShinBlanka had to get us out by midnight, and even with 5min it still lasted past it. It will be 7 min next year though.

Get hype fo next year shawdy. I know you want that pimp cup.
Desu's Shoutouts~!

First off, I'd just like to say that... This tournament was awesome. I got a lot of new matchup experience. Met some cool people, even got to play some friendlies! Got my *** soundly chain-grabbed to death by a fellow penguin! Good times all around.

Now for shout outs!

GA Rules

Mike G. - Way to be amazing at Brawl, you (b)astard! I love watching your Snake play, and seeing your awesome Kirby was a pleasant surprise. But seriously... UPSMASH UPTILT RAR. Grats on your new pimp cup full of cash. ;D

Marty (GaPeach) - Way to rock me with DDD dittos, man! Your king's defensive game is just tight. Wish I could have like, counter-camped you but you're much better with that 'waddle dee mirror' than I am... For now. I'll learn the grab tricksies, too. Just you wait. JUST. YOU. WAIT. <3

Mike B. (FullMetal) - Don't see what you have against the penguin. You didn't seem to have trouble with any of your other (not Mike G) matches! You were just handing out the hot dickings. Just passin' 'em out. But in all seriousness man, thanks for the ride / ciggies and (s)hit. Always appreciated. Sorry I had to knock you out again but you're just a prince. YOU DON'T (F)UCK WITH THE KING, BABY. <3

Alpha (THE ALPHA GUNDAM) - Saw your ZSS, man. You's a BEEEAST. We need to get some friendlies some time soon.

Datman (DAT MAN) - Another ZSS that's busy bein' 2RAW. Wish I could've had more friendlies with ya.

Rodent (Gerbil) - Silly Gerbil. So busy happily tossin' his pikmin about, He didn't even see the penguin coming... Lad was 3-stocked before he knew what him 'im...
Saw you whooping *** on some other people though, so I believe a certain amount of Kudos are still in order. Keep it real, Rodent. ;D

XIF (JOHNNY 5) - Input, inpuuuut! You crazy (b)astard. You're actually starting to grow on me. Like some kind of FUNGUS or something! XD
But seriously, kinda sad I didn't get to knock yo (a)ss outta brackets. Penguins > Robots. Stay and play next time, dude!

Evan H. (PB&J) - Tsk tsk tsk. Can't believe you let Justin Wong win money. It's all your fault, man. But really, your G&W is pretty fly. Kneads moar bakon tho...

Ray (Tilt!) - You make me a proud penguin, Ray. Glad you could make it after all. Good hustle man, good hustle. ;P

Eugenio (Is delicious) - I nearly coughed up a lung laughing. AW, ****! FRUITY PEBBLES MAN. And that Mario is just smoooooth. Fireball -> Jab -> Dsmash -> Taunt combo. Too ****ing good, man. Too ****ing good.

Ethan (Dogy Samich) - You were unusually quiet this tournament, man. That, and you didn't even enter! You DID show up and hang around though. Was nice seeing you regardless of you not playing. Get some friendlies in between now and the next tournament, man.

Elliot - BEAST MODE, much? Your Ike is just so ****ed RAW. Keep that **** up.

Chaddd (ddddddd) - Your Diddy is an AAAAAAAAASS. You're still funny as hell man. Answer your phone more! We need to get some friendlies in.

Bobby - Smash drama lawlz. Snake am amazing, yes? Great nade game man, and the way you work the rocket is smooth as hell. SEE YOU NEXT GAME.

New Friends Rule

Jack G. - I enjoyed watching your matches man, your Metaknight was pretty (f)uckin' solid. Set was close as hell, and I'm glad you found the whole smash ball debacle as ludicrous as I did. Smashers are just ****ing silly sometimes. ;D
Definitely hit me up next time you're gonna be in the area, we'll get mad friendlies going.

McArthur Blunts - Man, that set was FIERCE. Your Lucario is 3 gud man, 3 gud. I actually went Lucario myself against Marty's DDD in my last match in our loser's bracket set. Didn't turn out how I'd hoped, but I didn't play Lucario to his full potential so I got Penguin-****ed. XD
Sorry I didn't get to see your GGXX:AC matches. Was looking forward to them, too.

Awesome Peeps Rule

YNO - Your Metaknight is a *******. Trying to usurp his righteous king what with that stupid penguin-poking sword and ****. Raaaar. But man... I hate to bring it up but it was just so epic... 2 seconds left. Forward smash hammer to the face... Guess all I have to say is uh... Camp more? Maybe? lol. Good ****, though! You definitely impressed me. ;D

Jistun Nowg? - MOAR BANANANANAS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWong.

Not-present people SUCK

Luis (Reflex) - Wasn't there. Like a JERK. Stupid slow-*** dragon. :( :( :(

Jack (ihavespaceballs) - You weren't there, so I was sad. I saw your name on the pre-reg list and I was all :D but then the tournament was over and you weren't there so I was all :(.

I'll add more shoutouts as I remember peeps.
Lemme know if I forgot you. I suck like that. XD
Mike G. rapppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!

Mad props to Desu and Marty as well!!!! GA is so badass. None of the OOS Brawlers could even TOUCH Mike G. It was like watching a Holy Snake Destroy All That is Wrong. LOL.

Mike G: "Rawr!"
JW: ".....wut?"
Mike G: "RAWR!!!!!"
JW: "Oh shi-!!!!!"
Mike G: *Eats a monkey and his bananas*
JW: "......."
Mike G: "........."
Mike G: "RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
i didnt stay around for the finals, but props to the people that placed...

I only met a few people, but i remember playin Desu, Pozerwolf, and a marth player, but GGs to anyone else that i might've forgotten...

This goes out to everyone on this post. Get my wii # and brawl # and add me to your list. I'm putting ya'll in right now!;) See you guy's online. Hopefully I can compete next year.;)

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, I'll add ya man. My wi-fi is terrible though, so I'ma have to wait until I get a better connection to play. Doesn't hurt to add everybody now though. ;)

GAwes

Hidden Boss
man, i am literally going to own the **** out of frxii when i get back from europe. Hope you guys had fun with your cute little "mike g." victory, cause you're all dead, dead, dead . . . dead

Top Bottom