• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash for Squirtle

Waffleman211

Smash Rookie
So I just got Project M and it's fricken amazing, but something I didn't expect was that none of the Pokemon Trainer's pokemon have final smashes. So if they add a final smash for Squirtle I thought a cool idea would be to summon the Squirtle Squad and they will help you out in battle for about 30 to 40 seconds.

Please feel free to discuss your good ideas in the comments! Thanks for your time.

bengamen

Smash Rookie
I like to think it'd be cool if he had a rapid spin that caused a tornado or something, it would be easy for the PM developers to add, that or just a really strong hydro pump. At this point I just want a smash of anything haha

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
For Final Smashes, Squirtle's could be a giant Hydropump/Surf/Ice Beam/Blizzard (But I absolutey love the Squirtle Squad the best XD), Ivysaurs could be Solar Beam (if the other one gets removed), GigaDrain, Sleep Powder(like Luigi's), or Leaf Storm (I'm not sure if Ivy/Venusaur can learn that,) and for Charizard, I'd say Fire Blast/Blast Burn/Overheat or Dragon Rage(It looked cool in the show against Poliwrath, but who remembers that?)

So, if
Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and PokeTrainer go back to 1 slot, they would have the Final Smash AND keep their down special so they can't switch mid-game. Brawl made it possible to choose which Pokemon you wanted to start as by clicking the specific pokemon from their larger Portrait in the character select screen, so that should be enough for players that want to play as Ivysaur and Squirtle (default could be Charizard.) Keep in mind, it is possible to turn a taunt into an attack: (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...er&SubtypeSearch=and&Subtype[]=PSA&Target=ZSS)
Alternatively, if that wouldn't work, I noticed that Dr. Mario has the pills instead of Fireballs. Well, that seems like a second moveset all in one slot! Maybe the same can be done for the Pokemon? Ex: first 6 clicks could be Charizard, the next 6 Ivysaur, the last 6 Squirtle! Then, PokeTrainer, the Final Smash, and their new badass specials could work!!

Ideally, I'd love to play with the Evolved Blastoise and Venusaur, but that seems like that would take tons of balancing, etc. I frequently go to Brawl Vault to see if there are any, but they're either seem too small (textures only), they interfere with their current moveset, or too slow. Are there any other sites?

I bet everyone already considered those two ideas, but it just feels like they would both work. Let me know what you and the wonderful folks who made Project M think of these simple changes @ https://www.youtube.com/user/OmegaPyron. I gotta say, all of everyone's hard work really shows: I never thought I would see the day when Roy, Marth, Ike, Lucario, and Mewtwo all exist in one game! I love all of the extra costume slots for many of the characters like Link, Dr.Mario, Fox/Falco/Wolf, and the Pokemon.

Reptile (Kira)

Smash Rookie
What about the three 'ultimate' moves available to starters in FireRed and LeafGreen? Such as Frenzy Plant for Ivysaur, Hydro Cannon for Squirtle, and (I can't remember the fire one) for Charizard? Seems like the best option to me.

Teravolt

Smash Rookie
Blast Burn on Zard would actually be pretty sick, as long as the PM devs avoid another "Mario Finale"

seriously.... that final smash was really terrible >.>

Cloudburst

Smash Cadet
What if when Squirtle activated his Final Smash he dons wool pants and a linen shirt with suspenders, grows a beard, and his withdraw has absolute priority, super armor, and 8 times the knockback.

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
I envision something like Yang's Sei Enbu from SFIII. Squirtle summons two other squirtles who follow behind him mimicking his actions (like ICs). This would result in some absolutely hysterical combo videos.

Payton

Smash Cadet
I envision something like Yang's Sei Enbu from SFIII. Squirtle summons two other squirtles who follow behind him mimicking his actions (like ICs). This would result in some absolutely hysterical combo videos.
Would they be able to de-sync like ice climbers?

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle's Final Smash was better than I expected. Of course, it's only more effective if your opponent was either on the left or right side of Squirtle's Final Smash. Overall, it was an interesting and unique Final Smash.

Top Bottom