• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash: Mario vs. Link vs. Pikachu vs. Bowser (vs. Unconfirmed)

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff is so much more than a pink ball of pwnage who sleeps around all day =0

But seriously, I'm thinking a lullaby that puts everyone to sleep, and then...

SHARPIEFEST!!!!

SHARPIE=TOTALBACONPWNAGE

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I think pikas is the best. when you play enough brawl, all the smashes will become predictable, except for pika's, because you can move around, think of trapping someone in a corner. you can the person with the final smash can predict what OTHERS will, do, making it own.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Pikachu's Bacon appears to be the best so far, as kuenzel said. It's fast, strong, and think about: You're floating. You can actually maneuver to wherever you want to maneuver.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
Definatly links Final Smash. It might have the ability to get more then one person, but idk for sure yet, and its a KO thing. u get hit u probably won't be coming back. Because mario's FS hits almost everybody because its so big, i doubt they will make it powerful enough to KO. They wouldn't overpower something in the game like that.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Well, from what I've seen so far, (of course we're dealing with a lot of assuming here)
Mario's BACON has a wide strike range, but probably won't kill instantly. (good for free-for-alls
Link's BACON targets a single character and will most likely kill the opponent (good for single player)
Pika's BACON is hard to control but probably kills instantly (good for both)
Samus' BACON (if it is indeed a BACON), will have immense power and range, and will probably kill anyone in the stike range instantly. (good for both, depending on how flat the stage is.)
And I'm not going to comment on the Wario Waft ._.'

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Pikas is pure pwncakes (or awesome-sauce, whatever makes it sound better!), just think if Sora sneaks little platforms out on the way end of the screen, just spam thunderbolt (or whatever his B move is). What Bacons will have the highest priority?

PS: I'm pretty sure Wario Waft is his neutral B move

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Definatly links FS. It might have the ability to get more then one person, but idk for sure yet, and its a KO thing. u get hit u probably won't be coming back. Because mario's FS hits almost everybody because its so big, i doubt they will make it powerful enough to KO. They wouldn't overpower something in the game like that.
This thread isn't about Foward Smashes (FS), though. It's about Final Smashes. Aka Brilliantly Awesome Combo Of Nuclear-attack, otherwise known as B.A.C.O.N.

And I'm almost 100% certain Links combo will be able to hit multiple foes. Think about it... It's just like ANY other attack in Melee. I can't really think of one combo attack that only isolates ONE character (besides grabs, which this clearly is not). It's like Samus's Screw Attack: She can hit multiple enemies, and they just get trapped in the vortex of her spin-cycle.

My guess is that Link's BACON will end up putting about 100% on a character, with good send at the end. So for all intents and purposes, it's probably a KO kind of attack.

Mario's, on the other hand, will more than likely hit ALL of the characters, so I'm thinking about 50%, with minor send. Of course, if there's a character that already has around 100%, this might be enough to kill them.

I can't really see Pikachu's having that much send, but I can definitely see it causing a lot of damage. If it had crazy send as well, it would be like having a Hammer in the air while being invincible. That just seems a little too broken. But then again, it might be hard to control.

Either way, I think we're all forgetting who has the absolute best BACON of any character:
Luigi, with his Super Taunt of DEATH.

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
PS: I'm pretty sure Wario Waft is his neutral B move
I don't know, in the trailer that was a HUGE move. I guess it could be a neutral B move, but only if he charged it up.

Gah... I'm trying to imagine Wario *ahem* ... charging up.

~Dac

Knight-errant

Smash Apprentice
Here's a quote:

"The flatulence you saw in the movie is a fantastic move we're tentatively calling the Wario Waft. The more time passes, the more Wario's gas builds up..."

So that could mean that he automatically charge the move and then you decide when to release it with B, or that it's a final smash that you have to wait awhile to use. Personally, I think it sounds more like a B move.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
That's a good point. Here's a thought I just had, though...

You know how Ness can absorb energy attacks? What if (by pressing Down-B or something) Wario could EAT energy attacks? The more he eats, the more he builds up, until he either presses B, or releases his BACON.

Just a thought.

~Dac

Fawriel

Smash Master
Don't imagine Wario releasing his "bacon", don't imagine Wario releasing his "bacon", don't imagine Wario releasing his "bacon", don't imagine Wario releasing his "bacon", don't imagine Wario releasing his "bacon", don't imagine Wario releasing his "bacon", don't imagine Wario releasing his "bacon", don't imagine Wario releasing his "bacon"....

Dammit!!

Anyway, I think each hit with Pika's Volt Tackle will be about as strong or a little stronger than the "volt tackle" that is already in the game.
Ness'.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol, they're called BACONs.

I thought that Brilliantly Awesome Combo Of Nuclear-ness had more of a ring to it, but whatever.

Also, I could already imagine the funny suicides for Pikachu:

Imagine Pikas heading towards you, and you jump off the platform to escape, but then when you see Pika leap off with the volt tackle enabled, you think all is lost. Suddenly, Pika's electric ball of death dissapears, and he falls helplessly to death whlie you rofl as you head back to the stage.

As far as BACONs go, what would Mewtwo's BACON be, provided that he is in?

*ponders*

Lol, Jigglypuff's BACON will be this:

He'll get HUGE, like, EPIC-LY huge. 5 times bigger than Snorlax, huge. In fact, he'll cover the entire screen, including all the characters. Then you control him like normal, the only problem is all of your moves have been disabled.

... Except Down-B. >=D

~Dac
XD XD XD XD

Lol I think Jigglypuff's BACON will be Perish Song or Hyper Voice.. =o

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
i think link's FS looks pretty cool, but might be 'less' powerful than mario's, since marios covers a wide area and link's hits only one opponent, but i think they'll make link's FS to do mass damage while mario's might do the same but divided in 3 players(since it might be the max number of players; 4), anyways, i thnk links might be better for competitive matches, like 1v1 since its focused on attacking 1 target and mario's is supposed to hit multiple tagets.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>.>; B.A.C.O.N.? Lol.

I'm gonna laugh my *** off if the Smash community actually coins the term and places it in a compendium somewhere for Brawl.

Smooth Criminal

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'm excited to see Snake or Pit's BACON. Think 'bout it. Snake could call down a Metal Gear to cause some havoc, or Pit could unleash a storm of holy arrows that exploded upon impact.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
i forgot to include pikachu in my post, well, i dont htink it will be very good in place like battlefield or so, more like supercheap in small closed places like with walls or celling where it bounces like crazy over and over, but anyways, i dont really like it, i think it might bring lots of SDs, at least for me(im not planning to use pikachu in ssbb, i dont like fatty yellow rats :dizzy:)

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Wow...pikachu's is somethin else.
We had all assumed that the Final Smash would be just a really powerful attack. But now that we see that Pikachu's is controllable, that adds more mystery to the engima.
Pika's B.A.C.O.N. (LOVE the name!) could be the most effective out of the ones we've seen so far. Sakurai says it's hard to control, but I doubt that'll prevent us dedicated smashers from mastering it. Wouldn't it be great to knock a character into the air, then activate the B.A.C.O.N. and bounce them around in the air like a demented pinball...

Ooooh the possibilities! :chuckle:

Edit: Pikachu looks evil in that first screenshot. I love how the cute and cuddly smashers turn sinister once they get the Smash Orb. Mario looks scary, and Pika has that evil grin.

Fawriel

Smash Master
>.>; B.A.C.O.N.? Lol.

I'm gonna laugh my *** off if the Smash community actually coins the term and places it in a compendium somewhere for Brawl.

Smooth Criminal
Seems that people have gladly and unquestioningly picked it up already. Hah. If this keeps up for a month or so, I think we might call it official.
Which may or may not be a good thing considering just how WRONG it sounds. :psycho:

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Seems that people have gladly and unquestioningly picked it up already. Hah. If this keeps up for a month or so, I think we might call it official.
Which may or may not be a good thing considering just how WRONG it sounds. :psycho:
Hey, it's funny, it's inventive, and it works.
I'll spread the word when I hang out with my friends and play smash tomorrow
Yay B.A.C.O.N.!

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
I've already made an article about B.A.C.O.N. on SmashWiki. I actually hope it'll be coined as an official term by the smash community.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Bacon!!!!

As far as BACONs go, what would Mewtwo's BACON be, provided that he is in?

*ponders*
Mewtwo's BACON will be picking up one character with his psychic powers and using them as a blunt object to smack the crap out of ANOTHER character. The second victim gets sent flying, but the character he used as his "baseball bat" gets the damage lol.

BACON... bow to it.

As of now:

Coolest BACON: Link
Most effective BACON: Pikachu
Most god-awfully BIG BACON: Mario

Who knows how this will change as more BACONS become known.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
in my opinion, Mario's is better because there is no room for faulty like Pikachu's.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
How 'bout we call it an SBS? (Smash Ball Smash). It has fewer letters, and sounds infinitely less lame.

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
now that Piakchu is in the mess, I think his will clearly be the ultimate master of pwnage.
unlike Link's, which only hits one and looks easy to dodge (come on and face the fact: Link IS slow) and Mario's which doesn't looks like KO material (it's called volt tackle. usually when you get tackled you don't stay in the same place), Pikachu's is actually a super-cool smash.

I have spoken.

Top Bottom