• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash: Mario vs. Link vs. Pikachu vs. Bowser (vs. Unconfirmed)

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
Wow, SB.com is really whoring the OLD news releases. Up next? Wario's Final Smash. Ugh. Make with the actual info, you tools.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Haha, sex kick xD

That's pretty much exactly what this is gonna turn into

"Lol, I just Pwned ur *** with BACON!"
"WTF is BACON?"
"Oh, its da name for da final smash that this guy made up."
"That's really ********"
"At least it's not as bad as sex kick."

Toomai

Smash Ace
No one is even discussing what the thread topic says...
Yeah. This is why the "one topic for everything" system is a bad idea: sure, it keeps the forums cleaner, but if people want to talk about something else under the same subject (like the updates topic...it's just a new topic every day with junk from the past month), all it does is move the clutter into the topics themselves.

On Topic: Well, I've semi-calculated (with assumptions) the usefulness of the three Final Smashes we know.

RANGE: Ma: 5 Lk: 3? Pk: 5

POWER: Ma: 4? Lk: 5 Pk: 4

SPEED: Ma: 3 Lk: 4 Pk: 5

OVERALL: Ma: 12 Lk: 12 Pk: 14

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Yeah. This is why the "one topic for everything" system is a bad idea: sure, it keeps the forums cleaner, but if people want to talk about something else under the same subject (like the updates topic...it's just a new topic every day with junk from the past month), all it does is move the clutter into the topics themselves.

On Topic: Well, I've semi-calculated (with assumptions) the usefulness of the three Final Smashes we know.

RANGE: Ma: 5 Lk: 3? Pk: 5

POWER: Ma: 4? Lk: 5 Pk: 4

SPEED: Ma: 3 Lk: 4 Pk: 5

OVERALL: Ma: 12 Lk: 12 Pk: 14
Pikachu's probably going to be weak but fast.

Here's my semi-calculations of the Final smashes so far!

Mario: Awesomeness
Link: Ownageness
Pikachu: Craziness

The unreleased ones...

Samus: Explosiveness
Wario: Hahaness
Metaknight: Badassness
Pit: Epicness
Snake: Kickass... ness?
Kirby: Omgicantwaitness

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Nope, that's Dacvak's sig. Just count them. I'd estimate somewhere around... I don't know, 5?
Make that 6. I shall do my best to spread the word of BACON.

Something tells me Kirby's Final Smash might be a bit lame.

In the trailer where he was cooking Mario, it looked like Mario was simply acting like it was hurting him instead of actually feeling pain.
I kinda doubt it. Mario's reaction was only a cut-scene from a trailer and used for comic relief. So far they've done a pretty good job with making the BACONs pretty badass. Mario blasts characters with 2 huge fireballs, Link goes sword crazy, Pika turns into a ball of lightning and blasts around the stage. I would doubt that Kirby's will only be a goofy cooking attack. My guess is (and this has been bounced around a lot, so this isn't my idea) that Kirby will put on a chef's hat and summon the pot. Then nearby players will be sucked into the pot. From their they can get cooked for damage and then they can either get sent flying and on fire or Kirby could swallow them and spit them out at high speed.
Though you raise an interesting point. So far the BACONs have been pretty cool and look effective. I wonder who's BACON will be the "lamest" one.

Back OT: of the BACONs we've seen so far i give:
Link: coolest looking
Mario: most terrifying
Pika: most potentially effective

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Out of the 3 right now, Pikachu seems more useful... Well, actually that's just me making things up, but I see potential in it... We still haven't figure out how the Smash Ball is to be activated once grabbed... Do you press a button, does it activate on contact, do you toss it on the ground and do a taunt which magically shows a roulette on which its fails or not??? But if its my guess that you carry it around and activate it anyways (including air), Pikachu's Volt Tackle Final Smash has recovery potential out of anyone so far... Also the ability to "follow" anyone makes it even a bit uneasy to get away from... Mario's looks like you have to be behind him to dodge his inferno fireball of doom and Link well from his triangle of courage and you're ohkay (I think...)

Toomai

Smash Ace
My guess is (and this has been bounced around a lot, so this isn't my idea) that Kirby will put on a chef's hat and summon the pot. Then nearby players will be sucked into the pot. From their they can get cooked for damage and then they can either get sent flying and on fire or Kirby could swallow them and spit them out at high speed.
I think Kirby would trade a lot of damage for the ability to slightly heal himself. As in, food would pop out of the pot, enough to heal say 25%. Though others may be able to grab it if the attack has low distance power.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Lmao, I still love this whole BACON vs. Final Smash thing... What have I done!? XD

I think I have an idea for Kirby's Final Smash. Alright, picture this:

Kirby gets twice as big, and his mouth opens up. He starts sucking hard (lollercake), and everyone relatively close to him gets stuck in a vortex. Then, after he inhales for a little while, he "whips out" a giant pot, and spits the foes he sucked up into it. They burn, he (maybe) gets healed, and the world keeps on spinning.

Will this pause gameplay? No. Anyone who didn't get sucked up will still be in the fight, but if they touch the pot, they get some crazy damage or something.

To be honest, I REALLY don't like the idea of putting character's in a big pot to boil them psuedo-cut-scene-style, so I'm just hoping that's not really Kirby's Final Smash. I'd much rather have Kirby's Final Smash be foe specific:

Let's start out the same way. Kirby gets huge, and starts a giant sucking vortex. Everyone relatively close gets sucked in. Then, depending on who got sucked in, Kirby's powers change to match those characters' moves. Let me make an example:

Kirby sucks in Falcon, Samus, and Fox. Kirby now gains (for 30 seconds or so) an upgrade Falcon Punch, over-sized Heat Seeking Missiles, and a Giant Shine. I don't know, it's more creative than cooking people. (If he cooks another Kirby, does that make him a cannibal?)

~Dac

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Let's start out the same way. Kirby gets huge, and starts a giant sucking vortex. Everyone relatively close gets sucked in. Then, depending on who got sucked in, Kirby's powers change to match those characters' moves. Let me make an example:

Kirby sucks in Falcon, Samus, and Fox. Kirby now gains (for 30 seconds or so) an upgrade Falcon Punch, over-sized Heat Seeking Missiles, and a Giant Shine. I don't know, it's more creative than cooking people. (If he cooks another Kirby, does that make him a cannibal?)

~Dac
meh...I don't like it. I like the cooking pot. Kirby's moveset has always been true to his games, and I appreciate that. Take a look at this for the cooking thing (4:08):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yefSSam73Dc

If they do ANYTHING other than the Cook, they should do Mike. That ability was amazing...

T-major

Smash Champion
I support BACON!!

I think Link's looks the best out of the confirmed ones. that doesn't really matter to me though, because there are going to be other characters with way cooler BACON's.

Captain Falcons Bacon should be a mega pumped-up Falcon Punch (they could call it... Phoenix punch?... that acually sound pretty cool)

what do you guy's think Meta Knight's Bacon could be? a big twister, maybe? his does something like that in the Kirby games.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
I agree with ya T-major, i've said it and ill say it again, links is the best BACON. Every BACON will be great and all of them will have pros and cons

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

I don't like i've ever seen pikachu this mad before but anyway I like his final smash because it's speedy and i guess will cause alot of damage but the down side is that it might be hard to control like Sakurai mentioned

Dacvak

Smash Ace
meh...I don't like it. I like the cooking pot. Kirby's moveset has always been true to his games, and I appreciate that. Take a look at this for the cooking thing (4:08):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yefSSam73Dc

If they do ANYTHING other than the Cook, they should do Mike. That ability was amazing...
Mic would be AWESOME. I don't know, I've played most Kirby games and I'm a pretty big fan of the games, and honestly, I just don't think the whole cooking thing really is Kirby enough for me. *shrug*

Still, if his Final Smash works the way it does in the video, do you think every character will get sucked in regardless of what's happening? That would be total lame-sauce. Then again, it would make up for 6 years of sucking in Melee.

~Dac

Twintail

Smash Cadet
I'd have to say they all look pretty darned powerful, I can see all of the characters getting powerfully equal moves, not in strength but in what they do, for example if pit got his ability to turn every one into hammers it wouldn't really do damage but it'd still be good, pikachu seems to have a little bit of an advantage simply because its much more unique than an all powerfull pwnage attack (mario, wario, samus) or a single person killer (link, maybe kirby) its just unique I guess

Fawriel

Smash Master
Logic says that. Think about it, even the grab+a attacks in Melee have hitboxes that can damage characters outside the grab, and Link's FS hitbox is probably "a bit" larger.
Now, whether he can actually "suck in" several characters, that's a different question.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Well, w/e When I first say that I thought it meant whenever link uses it, in a general sense, Kinda like if you said "link can grab enemies from far away with the hookshot."

It could still be one person.

Twintail

Smash Cadet
Yes, I know that, but the attack, like a grab, attacks one person prodominately, or so it seems. In all of the screens I've seen so far he's attacking one person, can it hit more, sure why not. But it doesn't look like multiple people will recieve all the damage, just like a grab. And just like in kirby's, have we seen multiple people being attacked, no but that doesn't mean you can't get hurt like a grab could hurt you. Nobody knows exactly what these are going to do until WE try them out. I'm also generallizing so sorry if you want to think I'm uneducated about this stuff, cause I'm not.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Yes, I guess it could be a generalized term thing, or something lost in translation. We don't know everything for sure until it's released, like you said.

And no, I wasn't calling anyone uneducated or anything. It just seems like the likely thing would be for him to be able to trap multiple people.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Yes, I know that, but the attack, like a grab, attacks one person prodominately, or so it seems. In all of the screens I've seen so far he's attacking one person, can it hit more, sure why not. But it doesn't look like multiple people will recieve all the damage, just like a grab. And just like in kirby's, have we seen multiple people being attacked, no but that doesn't mean you can't get hurt like a grab could hurt you. Nobody knows exactly what these are going to do until WE try them out. I'm also generallizing so sorry if you want to think I'm uneducated about this stuff, cause I'm not.
Link's FS could (and most likely) hurt multiple people in the following ways (using many different possibiites)...

1. Whenever Link launches the triforce out of the back of his hand, it expands after so much distance if it doesn't hit anyone. Most likely someone will get stuck in the triforce whenever it expands and touches him/her.
2. Same as 1, but instead of getting stuck whenever it expands, they just bounce off.
3. Whenever it hits someone, it expands instantly, and anyone hit by the expandation (huh?) get stuck in it.
4. Same as 3, but instead of getting sucked in the attack they bounce off.
5. The large slashes hit someone off to the side.
6. You charging towards your triforce could deal damage and possibly get someone stuck in.
7. Same as 6 but instead of sticking to it, you bounce off.

Crap, there was an eighth one but i forgot it... Well, anyways, there are multiple ways multiple to get hit. Some are assuming it will be a certain way. Some information about it we don't exactly know.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
It says so on the website...

Come on now people.
When it says Link can trap "enemies", it simply means each individual opponent can get hit by the triforce slashes, not two or more. It's the same as saying enemies can be grabbed. You can't grab a whole bunch of people, but any single playable fighter can be grabbed/thrown/slammed.

Unless there's a vid/screenshot of Link doing the triforce slash on two or more characters I wouldn't say he can use it on multiple characters because right now all we have seen of his final smash is hitting just a single opponent. I mean, if it could hit multiple characters, we would have already seen it by now, right?

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
Umm, got to go with he can trap more then one enemy, but u will nvr know until later. Even if he cant, its a one hit kill what could be better then that. Maybe they don't want it to be to overpowered so they make it a one person thing, or the other people got to be really close for him to get more then one, u nvr know.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Ok, if Samus's screw attack can temporarily trap multiple enemies in it's spinning vortex of pain, then more than likely this won't be any different. Really, now... Can anyone think of a short-ranged attack that can only hit one person? (No, grabs don't count.)

~Dac

Toomai

Smash Ace
Another thing about the Triforce Slash is that, if only one person can get trapped, the others are likely to leave the zone before the Master Sword arrives. Link can't be fast enough to catch everyone.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Quote from Smash Wiki:

B.A.C.O.N. is a term used on Smash World Forums to refer to the Final Smash move from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It stands for "Brilliantly Awesome Combo Of Nuclearness". Members were using the abbreviation FS for Final Smash, but FS already stood for Forward Smash. Therefore, a member named Dacvak coined the term. It is already becoming quite popular.
Bacon as mentioned in Dacvak's post:

This thread isn't about Foward Smashes (FS), though. It's about Final Smashes. Aka Brilliantly Awesome Combo Of Nuclear-attack, otherwise known as B.A.C.O.N.
Bacon as mentioned in my (Puffball64) post:

I thought that Brilliantly Awesome Combo Of Nuclear-ness had more of a ring to it, but whatever.
Dacvak may hav coined "Nuclear-attack", but I coined "Nuclear-ness". There's a big difference.

Saferwaters

Smash Rookie
Personally, I think Pikachu's will be extremely devasting. The ability to control its position for the full duration will probably make the the most powerful Smash espeically in 1v1v1v1 situations.

Also, I doubt that Link will get a free kill... even in Melee the only 1 hit kill would be the homerun bat and even then, that didn't kill ppl on big maps if they had low damage. Also, the homerun back was pretty easy to dodge. If Link's smash will be un-dodgable... it will most certainly not be a 1 hit kill.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
super metroid spoilers...if you care

Since the final smashes seem to be very different from one another, from character to character, I thought of something cool for Samus, since it's a move that I miss very much...And don't give me this crap about "it's the big blast" because that isn't confirmed at all...

I think she should get the hyperbeam for a while, and it's just a really awesome version of her gun, and it would basically anhiliate people when she shot them...it's probably not gonna happen, but I can dream, cuz I really miss this ability...

For those of you who don't know...this is the hyperbeam (don't make fun of my low health because it was very hard to get a good screenshot while I was trying to shoot, and my capture was in a very inconvenient place):

Mother Brain is kicking the crap out of me with the Hyperbeam.

The last metroid attacks her as she's charging and steals the beam from her.

Charging the Hyperbeam...

I get the beam and own.

Me attempting to get another good screenshot of it, to no avail...

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Dacvak may hav coined "Nuclear-attack", but I coined "Nuclear-ness". There's a big difference.
Personally I prefer the Brilliantly Awesome Combo of Nuclearness translation of BACON. Kudos to Dac for creating BACON, and ty to you, puff, for the definition. Both deserve credit.
BTW: I have already spread the word of BACON unto my fellow Smash playing friends.
So, this may not be on topic, but whose BACON do you think will be shown next? My bet is on Samus'. That way, they can end that "how will Zamus appear" debate once and for all.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Showing Samus' Final Smash won't do anything to the ZSS debate if they only show the attack, and not what happens after the attack. It's like not mentioning Sheik at all in the Zelda update: it more than likely means nothing.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I LOVE the idea of giving Samus the Hyperbeam, but that does seem a bit too broken to me. =P

But personally, I'd like to see Zamus's or Zelda's BACON next. I'm jyst curious about Zamus, and I think her Final Smash will reveal a lot about her.

~Dac

Top Bottom