• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash Tier List

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Funniest FS is DDD's Big Gay Dance.

LinkSceptile333

Smash Journeyman
In that video, it's not like people are going to use the Final Smash right away and let them dodge right away. For Mario's, if you jump and use it, characters with low jumping abilities can't dodge it. That's just one example.

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
it's been done a million times already and the list is effed up.

High

Samus - Zero Beam
should be god. if you know what you're doing you almost can't miss with it and tha almost always equals a kill.
Donkey Kong's final smash in my view is the worst. On nearly any stage it is dodged without effort. The pressing of the A button in time doesn't seem to help much.
DK's FS is one of the most underrated ones. pressing A at the right time makes the range absolutely insane (it takes up more than the entire FD) and if you're close to him you're pretty much screwed. I remember on the release day when me and my friends were playing with smash balls on for ****s and giggles and I won every time I played DK just because I got the smash ball every time and everybody just got *****.

but the dumbest thing you've managed to type here is this:
It's sad to see a pathetic character get an even worse final smash.
DK's a pathetic character? not to say that your opinion is wrong, but uhh... your opinion is wrong.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yeah switch Landmaster and Super Sonic.

infernovia

Smash Ace
About topic: ok, the creator is a nub. But its not a bad idea to create a FS tier list.

About Mario's FS:

I managed to get hit by it once (which surprised me). And I used DI to grab the ledge. :) Either that or it just hit me right to it.

Might be a good edge guard, but not a lot of situations where you can pull it out effectively. Its definitely below Pokemon Trainer's FS, charizard's fireblast itself does what Mario's cannot. PT also has deceptive range, I have killed with it many times. It helps that the opponent can't guess where the ledge is to get invincibility frames.

I can't understand why DK is below Jiggly puff.

Landmaster is a bit overrated. Ken's match against Falco kinda proves this point.

PrinceMarthX

Smash Journeyman
Kirby's cook is not as bad as you put it. You do 30% damage, and kill anyone beyond 70%. If you use it on higher ground, you can kill them with less %. You often multiply items cooked and you get tomatoes, hearts, spicy curry and other weapons to continue the fun after you use it.

Final Smashes in general don't have that much power. There are many ways to avoid final smashes. After you see this, you perspective will change as it changed mine.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=YXM8FGOQVtg

That's part 1, you should look for the rest.
Kirby's final smash is bad because it's so easy to avoid. All Kirby can do is activate it and hope it sucks in his opponents. You can spam side dodge and avoid it almost every single time. The only defense Kirby has is to try and distract his opponents with normal attacks before activating but then he risks losing the ball.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
DK FOR TOP TIER!!! That FS is absolutely beastly if you do it perfectly on FD or Battlefield.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Um DK's final Smash can be completely dodged EVEN WHEN NEXT TO HIM. You can simply powershield each hit because they have to come at the exact same moment every time due to being rhythm based. Kirby's is the worst though as every character can air dodge during the suck up of the pot even when directly next to him, leaving him open for a free hit (he also drops weapons and heal items for them to use against him, way to go Kirby). ROB's diffusion beam racks up damage, and makes him invulnerable, all you need to do is grab and he will more than likely fire the kill beam while you rack up more damage while pummeling as well.

As for Ken's match where he avoids the landmaster, it should be noted Falco can run the Master off the cliff and stage spike you with it, using his extra booster power to recover while Fox cannot do that very well and stands a high chance of killing himself. That Falco just didn't seem to be the best at using his FS. When it comes to Landmasters it is pretty much: Wolf > Falco > Fox. I say Wolf's is the best because the Landmaster itself deals so much more knockback that it usually instantly kills the opponent, allowing him to lift them off the stage on their secnd life before his time runs out. Falco and Fox spend alot of their time trying to kill the opponent with theirs, often leaving them only getting one kill instead of two.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
i just hate land master FS, i swear it haunts me for life lol , its gota be in the , zomg run fer yur life hes got a tank Tier, cause u either die from the cannon, from sticking too close to it , die from running away , die from being on top of it what else? just by looking at it?, anyways ikes FS pwns but i think you can escape from it well from what i saw on youtube anyways.( dont forget how people dodge marths FS by just using eruption xD)

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
How is it possible that PK starstorm is better than links final smash, links final smash is pretty much equal to marth's and hes listed a tier higher.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Agreeing with the Link Fsmash comment. It's basically an instant kill if there above 30%

As a Lucas main, I must say that his final smash is way too high. Just roll dodge, and your fine :(

I don't really get why everyone thinks DKs final smash is god awful. If you have enough rhythem (which isn't very much in the first place), you can cover a good half of the screen. It has some Decent Knock back, but it isn't exactly instant kill. More than likely your opponent will die from trying to get back to the stage while there bombarded by the sound waves.

Really does everybody think his Final smash is awful and hard to preform?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I will restate since people arent listening:

YOU CAN POWERSHIELD/DODGE THE ENTIRETY OF DK'S FINAL SMASH WITH EASE.

It only hits you when the little wave lines extend out at each beat, allowing for simple powershielding since if you shield to the rhythm you will block it.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I will restate since people arent listening:

YOU CAN POWERSHIELD/DODGE THE ENTIRETY OF DK'S FINAL SMASH WITH EASE.

It only hits you when the little wave lines extend out at each beat, allowing for simple powershielding since if you shield to the rhythm you will block it.
Thats why you should turn the sound off when using it.

Browny

Smash Hater
maybe against characters who are slower than him, most can just run away until its over. Not like wario man or anything

Browny

Smash Hater
in a 1vs1 situation yeah maybe ROB's is good, but in comparison to every other FS in FFA, its one of the worst

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
Dude, Kirby's pot is like the best move EVAR.
not only does it inflict over 9000 damage percent, send the opponents flying and give food to Kirby, but it puts people in a pot and cooks them! Epic pwnage for real.

Timbers

check me out
in a 1vs1 situation yeah maybe ROB's is good, but in comparison to every other FS in FFA, its one of the worst
I think being completely invincible and being able to use your entire character and their moveset freely, while having a honking laser project from your face...to be pretty badass no matter what situation is given.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
... in ffa tournies their should be smash ballz.... idk why i guess i just like the Final Smashes...

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
i just hate land master FS, i swear it haunts me for life lol , its gota be in the , zomg run fer yur life hes got a tank Tier
I sexond this. Please separate the Spacies FS into it's own tier and title it thusly:

"zomg run fer yur life hes got a tank Tier"

I haven't played with Smashballs in 4ever but if you do play with them, you better dannn straight be using a spacie.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
You can successfully dodge both the God Tiers.

Imo, the entire list is completely off. It should be in order of what is most likely to hit/KO, not which looks cool.

PrinceMarthX

Smash Journeyman
You cannot dodge Super Sonic if they stay ontop of you. It is impossible.

Kirby can turn to stone but Super Sonic lasts much longer than the stone.

Amide

Smash Lord
Triforce Slash<Iceberg? Seriously?

Also, Peach blossom isn't that bad. It does 40 damage, and you can heal yourself, following a KO move.

PrinceMarthX

Smash Journeyman
Triforce Slash<Iceberg? Seriously?

Also, Peach blossom isn't that bad. It does 40 damage, and you can heal yourself, following a KO move.
Only does 40 damage if activated up close. You can avoid being put to sleep entirely by grabbing the ledge or by jumping into the air when she dances. As long as you don't touch the ground before the dance finishes, you won't be put to sleep.

I think this is the most accurate tier list.

Sonic
Falco

HIGH
Fox
Wolf
Snake
Yoshi
Diddy Kong
Mr. Game & Watch
Zelda
Sheik
Luigi
Wario
Olimar

MEDIUM
Ike
Link
Toon Link
Marth
Ganondorf
Pokemon Trainer
Captain Falcon
Ness
Lucas
ROB
Jigglypuff
Samus

LOW
Bowser
Meta Knight
Mario
Kirby
Dedede
Pit
Lucario
Pikachu
Donkey Kong

BOTTOM
Zero Suit Samus
Ice Climbers
Peach

XienZo

Smash Lord
You cannot dodge Super Sonic if they stay ontop of you. It is impossible.

Kirby can turn to stone but Super Sonic lasts much longer than the stone.
You can if you use Olimar's super armor on his whistle, I think the lag on the whistle is shorter than the time it takes for the hitbox to refresh.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
You can't tier these moves because it depends on the stage. Some are great for big stages, some are better for small ones.

On a huge stage like Hyrule Temple, Olimar's final smash is garbage except for damage building - against smart opponents you will NEVER get a kill.

On Luigi's mansion, the landmaster is gimped because it can't go to the bottom level of the mansion, it's too tall (though you can blast through, it wastes more time).

Also, Link's and Toon Link's final smashes are not even close to equivalent. Same strength, probably, but Link's has MUCH longer range, Toon Link only has about the same range as Ike's final smash.

Super Sonic is definitely the best, with Diddy's and the space animals' being up there too.

XienZo

Smash Lord
It works for about a second or two.
Actually, the thing is, most hitboxes, after hitting once, take a few frames to "refresh", so that when a char is hit by a hitbox, they'd get knocked back instead of being hit infinitely in hitlag.

Olimar's whistle's lag is shorter than a lot of those, including that of the spikes(the kind in stage builder). He can actually stand indefinitely on those spikes if he spams the whistle with the right timing.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Snake's is easy to get around as Zelda/Sheik. Just transform and air-dodge a lot.

With the Sonic one, can't you just ledge-stall until he stops?

Amide

Smash Lord
@ PrinceMarthX

That list is good for the most part, but there are final smashes better than Yoshi's. Zelda, Luigi, Link, and Olimar come to mind. Yoshi's is incredibly slow and easy to dodge.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Why is Meta Knight so high? And Why is Dedede and R.O.B. so low?

Top Bottom