• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Viridian City of the SUMMER 8-29 Results

slowpoketales

Smash Rookie
the olimar hyperenergy beat was Rismfrosmgosm(yeah he is awful xD), and he got a bye and then lost to Jash and him

I lost to a Jigglypuff using Mango as a tag, and then I lost to the guy that beat hyperenergy next round

I failed hard xD

Jon K

Smash Rookie
This was my first tourney and a great experience. Wish i could see what i placed

-POPS

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Well, I guess I'll give shoutouts now that I have my Internet :D.

Dire - JUDGEMENT!!!!!!! :D, nice G&W.

Fatal - Nice job in singles. I wanted to play you :/.

Ally - Je veux jouer toi as well. <-- Is that correct French? XD.

ADHD - Silly recovery that Diddy has! I can't edgehog it :[. Haha, I don't know why I cped Brinstar, but good MM Set XD. It was close first match :p.

Atomsk - Wah, Wah, Wah, Wah! LOL, doing Luigi's Fsmash outside was too good XD. Ah, I wanted to play you, too, but I didn't get a chance XD. Nice job in doubles.

Rykoshet - It was nice seeing you again. Great talking to you and good stuff in dittos. Seemed like you came and left though, but yeah good luck in VA.

Geno - Fun ditto set. You have a lot of potential, keep it up!

Pierce7D - Great seeing you again. I would have definitely liked to tackle your Marth again now that I have much more matchup experience, but alas, we couldn't. Your Marth is too good.

Anti - LOL, we finally meet. You're too cool and too funny ahaha.

Chaos Marth - Hey, nice seeing you. You were a pretty cool guy to talk to!

Ksizzle - That's that Juice! Agh, you're mad cool man. That shirt's pretty fresh haha.

Shugo - SHUGO WUGO! We couldn't play friendlies :[, but that Sonic's awesome. Keep it up :D. You're a nice guy, too.

Minty - W-w-wwhat? a fellow asian! <3. Nice job in singles. I'm the EC FOW, get at my Ness!

Doom - Thanks a lot for the tips, I probably won't get rid of some of the habits I make in my game just for the sake of staying unpredictable, but yeah, thanks for pointing some of my bad habits out. That TV really sucked :[.

Inui - You're much cooler in person, and it was great talking to you. Good stuff with going all Ike. I still think mine is better though :], we shoulda played. Oh and by the way, how good are you at melee? I'd like to play you at melee next time, I've been trying to get into it.

M4ge - Good stuff in teams! I think I sorta dragged you down though, I screwed up a lot of times, especially against Bleachigo/Zucco. You're really nice though, nice Link/Marth!

Zucco - Your Lucario is too, too good. You were ****** me sideways in doubles and I had to tell my partner to switch with me, haha. Mind telling me a few things about the matchup? I struggle with Lucarios a little bit :p.

Bleachigo - It was nice seeing you again. Nice hustle in doubles with Zucco, but heh, you guys shouldn't have given up on that infinite :p. I almost won! But yeah, thanks for the complements on my Ike :D.

Palpi - Nice job against M2K/Ally, haha that was so pumped. I had a great talk with you, but I didn't get to beat your MK with my Ike :[. Anyway, keep that MK up :p.

Bloodcross - Don't quit Falco man, you're too good with him to quit. Thanks for the friendlies, made me clarify how bad of a match up it really is for Ike. Your Falco's too good.

Mew2King - Thanks for the friendlies, I was just wondering, was I playing the matchup the right way the first match or was that you just screwing up? XD, I wasn't sure whether the way I was taught to fight MK was effective or not. You're too good at adapting though, good stuff. Nice job beating Ally.

Wes - SONIC CAN DO THAT? Lmao, you're too funny haha. Fun matches.

Diem - Nice seeing you again, your Snake is so wacky haha. Nice job in doubles.

Ether - I didn't know if you really remembered me so I just said hi haha. Good stuff in doubles with Diem though.

Allied - Nice seeing you again man. Thanks for the encouragement, it helped a lot.

Yes! - Aww, we didn't get our 1$ MM done :/.

IKon - D3! Gah, that silly penguin is too good against Ike.

BSChung - Wow, you remembered me! I wish we could have played :/. You're really nice though, great talking with you.

JG - You're so cool with your supersaiyan hair man :]. Good stuff in doubles with Gunblade. We shoulda played though, Ike vs MK/ROB.

Gunblade - That Bthrow -> Fair -> Dair getting your Snake twice by my Ike musta been annoying lol. But nice job bringing it back with JG. Maybe we could MM next time, Ike vs Snake.

Rule 34 - WTF, YOU WERE HERE? HOW COME WE DIDN'T PLAY?

IcyLight - Nice Olimar man, I shoulda had it on Halberd, but I choked. You kept the pressure nicely and you ended up pulling the win though. Thanks for the matches.

Jash - Wow, I have never seen a Toon Link that good before. Let's play next time :].

BigM - Get at my Ness, son!

Kingz - Hi little guy, Ike vs MK next time? :].

Crismas - Nice Peach! Your speed with her caught me offguard at times.

Dark.Pch - Aw, we didn't get to team :/. Your Peach is too good though.

Alex - Thanks for hosting the tourney, good luck.

Fun fun tournament.

Allied

Smash Master
anytime KIMCHIX I FCKING <3 YOU!!!

(drunk)

LOLOLOl

IKE ALL DA WAY SON

WE GOT THiS

HyperEnergy

Smash Journeyman
the olimar hyperenergy beat was Rismfrosmgosm(yeah he is awful xD), and he got a bye and then lost to Jash and him
Ah yes, that name sounds familiar.

Anyways, since I'm in the mood for it I'll do some shout outs.

Crismas - Sorry for making the store open late again. Lmao >>

Ksizzle - The case of the missing memory card has been solved. Lol, nice seeing you there.

Diem - Feh. If it weren't for that one tourney match, I would've found out whether I've gotten good enough to get only one stocked by your Metaknight now. Lol, be prepared for next time. =)

Kid - Thanks for that Falco practice right before I left. Now I know never to charge aura spheres off stage.

Almost Legendary - Daaaamn you! How dare you survive past 200%. Lol, nice tourney matches at any rate. Did I mention I hate Wario now?

Emmy - Nice little chat we had. Having someone to talk to made me resist the urge to fall asleep. Also, I think being tired made me talk funny.

Alex - Nice tourney once again. It's nice to be able to go to sleep on time. Now if only I could stop missing the train by 10 minutes...

Shugo - Nice Sonic. Now I just need to learn the matchup so I don't lost next time. =)

Doom - LOL. I can't believe your one day Wario got you to 7th in teams. Good stuff.

Cross - Nice to see you again. Too bad there wasn't really much time to play any friendlies. And yeah, I knew you had a match when we bumped into each other lol.

Hmm, that's all I can remember. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui - You're much cooler in person, and it was great talking to you. Good stuff with going all Ike. I still think mine is better though :], we shoulda played. Oh and by the way, how good are you at melee? I'd like to play you at melee next time, I've been trying to get into it.
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5983
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5982
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5896
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5895

I'm a top five Ike for sure at this point, brah. Your Ike is definitely not as good as mine, sorry. It looks fine though.

I just don't think you'd do what I did in low tier tournaments (beat the best Bowser in the country twice, beat the best Samus on the East Coast, a top Sonic, etc.) or do stuff like take a game from Anther, take games from Snakeee and even win the set with Ike, etc. >_>;

I'm decent at Melee. I used to be very good but I'm rusty.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5983
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5982
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5896
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5895

I'm a top five Ike for sure at this point, brah. Your Ike is definitely not as good as mine, sorry. It looks fine though.

I just don't think you'd do what I did in low tier tournaments (beat the best Bowser in the country twice, beat the best Samus on the East Coast, a top Sonic, etc.) or do stuff like take a game from Anther, take games from Snakeee and even win the set with Ike, etc. >_>;

I'm decent at Melee. I used to be very good but I'm rusty.
Well, I do still have a long way to go in terms of tournament results.

As for Melee, heh, maybe I could learn something from playing you. I've been trying to pick up Marth/Fox/Falcon but haven't really known which one to pick as my main. Fox is by far the hardest, but I find him easier than some of the others because you don't have to SHFFL aerials that much if I'm not mistaken? Do you know how to make short hopping easier? :laugh:

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
;~; What would we do without Malcolm? Kai, you selfish bastard!

(I know he was joking, as Kai would say, no phone calls please)

Edit: Kimchi, you have to do a LOT of SHFFL nairs with Fox, lmao. He has the hardest short hop to perform in the game because his jump is the least frames. You need to let go of X/Y before your character visibly leaves the ground (a matter of only a few frames, characters have varying jump speeds. Check a frame data list to see).

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
**** you Minty, you stupid Samus playin' piece of ****.

Just pick Sheik and ftilt/fair/dthrow people. :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well, I do still have a long way to go in terms of tournament results.
Which is why your statement was foolish. I have extremely impressive results for an Ike in a short period of time. I plan on establishing myself more and becoming the best Ike.

As for Melee, heh, maybe I could learn something from playing you. I've been trying to pick up Marth/Fox/Falcon but haven't really known which one to pick as my main. Fox is by far the hardest, but I find him easier than some of the others because you don't have to SHFFL aerials that much if I'm not mistaken? Do you know how to make short hopping easier? :laugh:
Fox has tons of SHFFL stuff, lmao. It's broken cuz of his shine.

Melee's not that, but I guess I think that because I'm a tournament veteran.

Melee requires a lot of practice.

Zucco

Smash Master
I pick Dr. Mario and just play around in the air since my ground game is pretty horrendous:p

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Wow it would be amazing if everyone got into melee.
omgosh iawtc

BIGM I think I played you in teams for a bit, your fox was doing good! Keep it up :)

Alsoooo oddly enough as much as I don't play Fox (well not in tourny...), drillshine was one of the first advanced techs I learned.

Top Bottom