• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally Bomber's first PT singles match recorded ADDED ROUND 2 and 3

Bomber7

Smash Hero
title says it all. I finally got one recorded. It was agaisnt me and my friend. Losers bracket. all 3 matches were a laugh. I know... I suck but heres our first match. I just got it a few minutes ago, the second and third are on their way, youtube is being slow -.-

comment please. criticism. no flame.

Bomber vs RJPunch round 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c65ckp8zLVo (pikachu)

Round 2 and 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slUp_ygJiaM&feature=channel

lol y'all are gona hate me for round 2. I got cocky and did so much wrong. round 3 I slowed my pace down and let him come to me somewhat so I actually payed atention and countered. fun matches eiher way. I'm not gona lie. round 2, i deserved to lose, RJ has great potential. no johns here, but critique. All I know is that I need to get better and work on more of the basics like spacing, DI and throws.

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
Don't d-throw with squartle and charizard at low percentages, use any other throw. Don't always use your get-up attack to get back on the stage from the ledge or else you will be raeped by projectiles and such. Use f-tilt and d-tilt more with Ivysaur; grab more and use jab more with Charizard.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
you aren't that bad. you probably shouldn't get brickwalled by thunder jolt when you are on the edge though lol.

are you going to WHOBO, btw? i'll be there. :)

oh yeah what AD said. never use zard/squirtle dthrows at low percent, they actually do the least damage of all the throws.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
you aren't that bad. you probably shouldn't get brickwalled by thunder jolt when you are on the edge though lol.

are you going to WHOBO, btw? i'll be there. :)

oh yeah what AD said. never use zard/squirtle dthrows at low percent, they actually do the least damage of all the throws.
WHAT?!!!!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

-.- i cant get a ride. I know my friend Hyo(Toon Link player) is going. and Sudai.

****. well the most I can say is that I should be driving by june and I doubt Smash 4 is coming out any time soon so if worst comes to worst, when I turn 18 (17 this July) I will most likely be able to go.

shoot I wish I could go to WHOBO, but my parents havent met the guys I play video games with. >.> though..... Idk if they will ike them, they do smoke pot and stuff, though hopefully it wont be obvious. lol. -.- anyway, thanks for comments so far.

Steeler, you should come to our last smash. it would be loads of fun. we need more PT rep at that tourny.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Not bad.

You should try to notice your opponents habits and punish them.

That pikachu was just rolling to downsmash.

Pretty good.

Work on your spacing and those hydroplanes.

AND KNOW WHEN TO USE DOWN THROW!!

-Miles

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Not bad.

You should try to notice your opponents habits and punish them.

That pikachu was just rolling to downsmash.

Pretty good.

Work on your spacing and those hydroplanes.

AND KNOW WHEN TO USE DOWN THROW!!

-Miles
that was like my second or third time playing (no johns) I'll also take your advise. I'm still trying to work on thinking on my feet and noticing paterns and since aprarently my throwing is something that needs a change, I'll do that.

what throw do you guys suggest I use primarily? I'd figure forward and back, I know foreward cuz when I've played cassi online, he always gets that CG on me for 2 grabs as squirtle. this is just an educated guess, but I would think a b or f-throw would be suffice.

also I usually like to use D-throw around 50% like oyu saw so I can switch. otherwise if I forget to switch I dthrow at ihgher % like 100 if that doesnt do the trick theres always a good air right?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
it doesn't really matter what throw you use since all three do about the same damage. it's a matter of which positioning advantage the situation calls for (and you prefer).

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well I use the d-throws for a reason. I kinda like the knock back and it sets me up for a good aerial and Charz and Squirt have good aerials. ^_^

Caasi11

Smash Cadet
Well, that CG only really works when you start a match, and some opponents LOVE spotdodging to stop it. As for the throws, you might want to use the d-throw a last resort, since opponents who could predict it could DI the knockback. >_>

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ehhh, I'll see what I can to with the other throws. I just like D-throw the most and It's worked for me decently thus far.

Syrus_Draco

Smash Apprentice
Like what Steeler said don't get brick walled with the Thunder Jolts.

Were that me I would have stalled a little. You have three easy tethers which have a lot of grab time. Watch how he camps you and space out how you re-tether and recover back on stage. I often get back on stage, drop > tether > wait a bit > from there depending on how the opponent acts I'll either get up and recover on stage or get up, drop, tether, and recover.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
patience is a virtue.
thats also very true. the second match, when it comes you will hate cuz I lost to his falcon, but he has quite a decent falcon. I deserved to lose. though the thrid match I took a deep breath and told myself I needed to slow down and basically take it counter play. dont persue only, let him come to me and counter atack then follow up. in our last match at PS1, where I like to end things nowadays, win or lose, I did that, I slowed my pace down and I won. I think those last two vids will come this coming week. It's spring break fopr us so I'm sure RJ will be able to let those videos load, after all with a week of nothing to do he has alot of time on his hands.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Your Squirtle definitly needs to move around more and not always use the same approach to Pikachu just by attack. You need to mix up your approaches like do a empty full hopr or short hop but fast fall them. Try shellshifting more and Hydroplane more. Withdraw is never a good move to use at any circumstance but yeah use the water gun to push em back a bit.

Tilts with Ivysaur are your best friend and yeah like PokemonMasterIRL said a few posts ago, know your opponents habits. Like you could've just punished Pikachus Dsmash just by using alot of razor leaves. Also your Jabs can cancel out Pikachu's jolts and thats another way to punish the opponents habits.

NEVER EVER FSMASH with Charizard, thats one of those moves that you get punished serverly. Like getting shieldgrabbed or the opponent can dodge and land some free hits on you. I like though how you put some good use in those Usmash. Dsmash has barely any range and theres a ton of ending lag after the move. Bair and Nair are my favorite aerials for spacing but not for kills really. Fair is the best killing move for Charizard if you space em correctly. Tilts are really good and all of his specials are good offensive moves. As your landing use the Flamethrower to punish anyone who tries to attack you from below.

Like everyone says use the Dsmash when the characters reach 100% or higher.

You have a good Pokemon Trainer but theres always room for improvement.

By the way I just got back from Orlando Florida so now I will be around more activly :)

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
Learn to DI out of that Pikachu's Dsmash <_< you were getting ***** by it......
He needs to learn to DI in general, multi-hitting moves are more easier to DI out of but just bearing them can be chaotic and will most likely lead to an untimely death.

Also, consider using the grab release into dtilt combo(as Charizard) a bit more just to mix things up a notch(not a lot though due to the fact that it can be shielded/shield grabbed out of).

Remember though, tilts in general are your best friends. :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I agree. I need to learn to DI. the most I know for DI as you can see is momentum canceling. Can one of you send me a link to a good DI training video? cuz it seems my friend Redson is really good at DIing out of bullet seed.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
If you have Nintendo Channel on your Wii. Theres some guy that talks about Regular DI and Smash DI and its a simple 5 minute clip.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I do have it but that was back when I had wifi...... I just tried to underline has and when I pressed control u it gave me the code set for this page......

Bomber7

Smash Hero
cool. nice to see those things will come soon. ^^' I might have more trouble recording than I thought. I got a bigger memory card but its locked. I tried fiddling with the little switch on it but no luck. not really sure what to do.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
Mmm. That'll be a problem. I love watching maury and hearing "In the case of 6 month old James III, You ARE the father" I love the emphasis on Are. Sorry watching maury. Did you read the Instructions?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well. there werent any that came with it. I sat in the aisle at Office depot for like 10 minutes looking at the different SD cards. if didnt say a thing on unlocking it. all it had on the back was it description. I think I'll google it and see what I can find. it shouldnt be this hard to add a new SD card to a camera thats a few years old. It looks just like yours but it probably older by a year or two.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Match 2 and 3 are up, ala rjpunch's thread in the Falcon Boards:

Bomber(Pokemon Trainer) vs. Rjpunch(Captain Falcon) match 2 and 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slUp_ygJiaM&feature=channel
You need to space better, in general. Ivy needs more B-airs, and Charizard sort of needs less random F-airs and less random rocksmashes.

Alot of your problems/certain deaths would have been better avoided if you could space better ;l

also
okay. The combo goes dash attack>dodge roll>dash attack>dodge roll>dash grab>down throw>side b>uair>knee
ಠ_ಠ​

Bomber7

Smash Hero
wow. I'm watching my second match. so much wrong with it. I need better spacing and I should charge myself into close range when I'm comfortable at long range. and that falcon punch was literally due to cockiness, this whole match loss was due to cockiness. god I need improvement. the match was already lost when he took out squirtle early.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol, I've brought it up countless times - just because he's bottom doesn't make Falcon a sandbag.
I second the guy, and I've seen people **** with him. It's silly lol.

Like, if I have a good read on someone with Sonic, I can end a match in like 2-3 minutes most likely with some gimps.

If I have a good read on someone with Falcon, I can end a match in like 2-3 minutes with kills.

it makes me sadface lol. Falcon's kill power isn't bad, so you can't just go around taking hits, that's dumb.

------------------
Also, don't just blame the loss on losing squirtle.

Ivysaur is pretty good against Falcon as long as you can tilt and B-air.
And Charizard is brutal on Falcon off-stage (whereas you stayed onstage instead ._.; ). Like, if you have him under you (say, you pummel release, he double jumps, and you regrab + pummel release), it's way too easy to spike him during his up-B's startup, or gimp with F-air.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well im not blaming the loss on squirtle. You see, because RJ put squirtle away early, it broke my rythem, it was my fault for not bouncing back and making up for it. but I did make up for it in the 3rd match. I was keeping the mind set not to lose myself. and I ended up 2 stocking him ^^. I still need improvement, that much is sure. I know I'll get better in no time I just need to practice some. I think my next project will be learning to DI. all I can do is momentum canceling. but I want to expand on the ways to DI. Othereise I'm gonja watch myself and keep in mind that if I'm out of range for an attack, dont attack, just respace myself.

Tenki

Smash Hero
well, the general rule is to DI up/towards the stage on kill moves (unless they're upwards kill moves >_>), then break momentum by doing a fast-ending aerial +fastfall.

Then to DI down/away on juggle moves (force them to chase you horizontally) or upwards, depending on what's easier to escape/ if you can attack below you or not.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well I understand the movement its all the matter of my timing in hitting the analog stick in the right direction at the right time. I've seen a few vids and I DI sometimes out of combo moves but its rare and idk how I did it (as in timing)

Top Bottom