• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally, I have 2 vids up. More to come, including vids for a upcoming tourney!

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Pretty decent, you seem to use the tornado well but I recommend tapping B to rise up when you're heading towards an obvious shield grab, and watch out with those falling Nairs because those are also obvious shield grabs.

And you should totally mix in some SH Dairs with your approach instead of just spamming Bair, it will probably almost double your effectiveness D:

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Your spacing needs work.

Also, you need to pay more attention to your opponent if you want to land more upB's. Stop doing jab+upB; it's not a reliable combo especially if you can't determine the right times to do it. You need to watch your opponent's moves and see if they can help you land an upB. Fr example, @ 1:42 in the Luigi vs. Zelda vid, that was a very easy opportunity to dodge+upB. Also, whenever Zelda uses her third jump onto the stage to have another opportunity if you position yourself in a way that you are in close proximity to all possible directions she could move.

I'd recommend that you take some time out specifically to learn how and when to upB, it'smuch easier than you're making it.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Good good xD.

Spacing aye? xD, i guess. Ill post vids up were critiquing is a must. I understand that my upB attempts arent performed that well but, those were friendlies. yet, it reflects what id do in a real match. Im very aggressive on an off the stage, and if I see a opportunity, I will Shoruken in a tourney xD.

With the help of hippie dude, you will see something diff.

For those who have faced me, they usually lose because of upBs xD.
So, Hippy said since they know its comin, rather to risk it if you think it wont land, Ive started to Jab+grab xD xD xD. real affective, since they are holding their shield. Anyways, more to come xD

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Oh boy oh boy.. You have so much to improve zomgs.. I'll post something extensive later on.

Edit: That thirple cape was utterly hilarious. I'm sorry man but that was truly epic more than landing a taunt spike roflmao...

Tips time!

- Don't ever rely on a firepunch for kos. ALL LUIGI PLAYERS WILL NEVER RELY ON FIREPUNCH FOR ALL THEIR KILLS. Luigi has enough kill moves to make up for that.
fsmash,dsmash,upsmash, Bair, Nair, Dair.

- Don't spotdodge too much. Only spotdodge if needed. You were spotdodging when he was doing nothing at all.

- Don't use the rising insane tornado recovery. Only use it as a last resort. In the beginning of the video, you were using it. You should have sweetspot the edge.

- Follow up with utilts after Nairs. It helps rack up damage and gives you a quick 30% right off the bat!

- Learn how to aim and charge the green missle, aim for the sweetspot. Even though he capes you, you'll still have your second jump and your rising tornado and your firepunch for recovery options

- Less fulljumps and more shorthops. You can fit 2 aerials in one SH.

- Mix up your aerial game. A wall of Bairs is not the greatest approach. Spotdodge approach is horrid. don't do that.

- Pay attention to your oppenent's actions and keep yourself active and moving. Don't ever stay in one place unless your camping with fireballs.

- More Tornado approachs plz :/. It catch's your oppenent's off guard. Your powershielding is great. Now learn how to make use of your options after that.

- Spacing is MOST DEFINITLY needs work.

Regardless, you have alot to improve kid. Next time if we have a wifi, I'll show what kind of Luigi's game is all bout. You'll be surprised on what he can fully do.

( If anyone can wifi and record matchs PM PLZZZZ. I wanna show my Luigi is made of =])

Razz113

Smash Cadet
Yea pol you do have some thigns to work on, but you also do some things pretty well. Just remember to vary your game a bit kuz if you do the same things as your doing you wolnt progress and you'll become very predictable. Just keep on working on different things(i.e. Spiking, approaches, juggling, and follow ups), and especially against zelda space your approach so her down smash and counter dont hit you and you can punish her instantly when she does them because she thinks your too close, but your really not, i know that from experience kuz my friend Le mains zelda. When she starts to dins fire a lot to keep you away then you can spot dodge and if you time it just right you can move in when she casts it you spotdodge and you can go into juggling and move her into the air where shes weakest.

And hippie i cant wait to see vids from you kuz im working on getting my wifi hooked up next week when i have time off and ima be makin vids meself. :)

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Good ****, but remeber xD, ugh...

Heavy fun friendlies....Ill show you tourney vids soon.

I love the criticism though, good shiz. So, well see what yall say about the tourney vids. Its this sat an im truly excited and nervous , so wish me luck. A bunch of FL top players will be there.

Again, wish me luck.

And hippie i disagree with not relying on the upB for kills. Why not take advantage of a move that can kill most at 55 guaranteed? xD

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
QFT. Besides, why do you think Luigi can kill lower than 90% on the majority of the cast =P Excluding Shoryuken lol. Also that's what makes luigi so much different from Mario, he can kill more than him.
Hippiedude. Remember our matches? Was your brawl name CM? I've added those to my computer and I was thinking about uploading them...

And we need to play again sometime.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Hippiedude. Remember our matches? Was your brawl name CM? I've added those to my computer and I was thinking about uploading them...

And we need to play again sometime.
lol o yeah. the luigi dittos :o, apparently im not that great at it since you have to fight differently T.T!! yeah it was CM. Lol your like the only luigi that fights equal or maybe better then me by like a nose hair lawl. Now I know how it feels to get shoryuken'd by a green man =/

Upload them and PM them. I need them videos of myself :]

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
lol o yeah. the luigi dittos :o, apparently im not that great at it since you have to fight differently T.T!! yeah it was CM. Lol your like the only luigi that fights equal or maybe better then me by like a nose hair lawl. Now I know how it feels to get shoryuken'd by a green man =/

Upload them and PM them. I need them videos of myself :]
Yeah bro, I'll get them up sometime today. I might have just known the Luigi matchup better, that doesn't mean I know how to fight like DDD better than you, you know?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Yeah bro, I'll get them up sometime today. I might have just known the Luigi matchup better, that doesn't mean I know how to fight like DDD better than you, you know?
D3= geyness. It takes so much patience to destroy one I swear. If I'm serious, most of my matchs are like 5mins+ long against a really good D3. D3's are so mean with infinites and gey WoP of bairs =p

Razz113

Smash Cadet
Good stuff hippie and Luigi_1 those vids are some of the best ive seen in a while. and PolMex Grats on 7th place.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Polmex, got some more ready for upload. Whenever Monk comes over next, or whenever I bring my laptop to his place, he'll upload 'em.

btw... yeah... it's me, Fred. I know, rare sight aint it.
>_>

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Lol luigi dittos = the most frustrating matchs even more frustatrating than d3s, Mk's =[ thanks anyways though =D
Well once you realize you can't really combo another Luigi and find out that you can kill another Luigi at like 80% with an uptilted fsmash, the matchup gets a bit easier. I cannot stand MK, DDD, and even Falco matches. Ugh! And btw, hippiedude, we should definately play some more sometime.

Polmex, who all did you fight in the tourney?

Top Bottom