• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Find a Luigi near you [updated 5/20/09]

The L Man

Smash Cadet
I'm a Chicagoan, but I'm goin to school in Savannah GA right now... Anyone else from Savannah? I'm a Luigi main and I think I'm pretty good.

crewster

Smash Lord
Trust me, your not, but we can all get better if we tryed. No one here is exept a few weegeee mains, I'm not.

The L Man

Smash Cadet
Trust me, your not, but we can all get better if we tryed. No one here is exept a few weegeee mains, I'm not.

Was that directed at me? I dunno, maybe I'm not that good, but I've been a Luigi main since the 64 days and I'm also able to compete with dudes at my school who own tournaments all the time and also own at other fighting games like the Street Fighter series and MVC2 and all that stuff. I've been so busy with school that I haven't been able to play guys like that in a while...

crewster

Smash Lord
sory for being harsh but it is the truth. That wasn't directly at you, I'm just saying that only a few weegee mains are actually good.

The L Man

Smash Cadet
sory for being harsh but it is the truth. That wasn't directly at you, I'm just saying that only a few weegee mains are actually good.

Yeah I hear ya. I by no means want to turn this into an argument, cause what's the point? Who are the best Luigi players then? I've watched like every Luigi video on here and I'm pretty comparable, but maybe I'm horribly wrong. HA

crewster

Smash Lord
Umm.... The best is Boss8. Then TheMann. Then Luigi King and PolMex joint 3rd

The L Man

Smash Cadet
Umm.... The best is Boss8. Then TheMann. Then Luigi King and PolMex joint 3rd

Yeah I've seen some of those guy's videos. They're pretty sick. I guess I just sound really naive then... If I remember correctly, I've seen Boss's Luigi do some really dumb stuff and I also remember his Mario being better. Maybe I'm thinking of someone completely different though.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
chnaces are you're thinking of someone else then..(one vid he utterly destroyed lobos' toon link.)

The L Man

Smash Cadet
chnaces are you're thinking of someone else then..(one vid he utterly destroyed lobos' toon link.)
HAHA! Yeah I've seen those. Ridiculous. I def like Boss' style the best of all the Luigi vids I've seen on here because he mostly reminds me of how I play Luigi. Not too fast, with a variety of attacks, air combos, and plenty of shield grabbing. He seems to be the most patient Luigi player too, and that's the key to winning with the guy. Most every Luigi player I see will just be hopping around doing random attacks that are clearly not going to do anything, and they end up just killing themselves or becoming even more vulnerable.

KC18

Smash Journeyman
come to brampton tourney and come to sauga tourney, im going to both fo those.

we shuld team for one of them lololol, i tried double luigi team its ****, provided were smart about our stage cps.
i'm gonna do my best to go to the sauga tourney, and i'd be down for teaming with you if possible, cuz i don't have a teammate.

and no i don't want an argument here... but crewster i don't think you should be dictating who is good and who isn't. i mean, yes boss8, theMann, luigiking and PolMex are great, more than great, but you can't just say The L Man isn't good... how can you judge that? we shouldn't be judging or assuming things. lets just support eachother. again please don't take this the wrong way, i don't think i'm top shi..t or anything, just saying we shouldn't belittle eachother through assumptions of who is good and who isn't.

WIGI

Smash Champion
sounds swelll kc.

and kc. you are top **** in like. Canada. then me. but this may change soon =] cuz im gogin to acualy join singles. =P

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Magnum you aren't that far from Washington. Maybe you could come up to a tourney around here sometime, not sure how long of a drive that is though.

KC18

Smash Journeyman
sounds swelll kc.

and kc. you are top **** in like. Canada. then me. but this may change soon =] cuz im gogin to acualy join singles. =P
i would like to think i'm top shi.t in canada, but i doubt it. there's always someone that you don't know about who can beat you, i'm sure there are a handful of luigi's in canada that could completely **** me. and oh, Wigi isn't on smashboards anymore i just realized.

Magnumblade

Smash Journeyman
Magnum you aren't that far from Washington. Maybe you could come up to a tourney around here sometime, not sure how long of a drive that is though.
well I ain't allowed out of state (parents, school, etc.)

could anyone tell me if colorado cutthroat console tournament (ccct) is a big tourney? Its going on around denver (i just moved to colorado springs, may as well test the competition) in july and I was considering joining, but I dont wanna embarrass myself (and luigi) by being booted early, since I'm probably one of the only luigi users

If i do go i hope some of you other guys go so i can meet you and play some brawl ;)

anyone wanna play on wifi now?

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
well I ain't allowed out of state (parents, school, etc.)

could anyone tell me if colorado cutthroat console tournament (ccct) is a big tourney? Its going on around denver (i just moved to colorado springs, may as well test the competition) in july and I was considering joining, but I dont wanna embarrass myself (and luigi) by being booted early, since I'm probably one of the only luigi users
OK this is the wrong mindset homes. You won't ever get good enough to not embarrass yourself unless get out there and do so willingly. People are generally friendly and are there to help you out. Go read SCOTU's topic about your first tournament, its helps a lot.

Atash

Smash Apprentice
Bah - I'll join the bandwagon.

Atash -> Northern Virginia (which is *technically* different from Southern Virginia - the Washington metropolitan area is totally different from the rural south; although that leaves me wondering where Boss is located...).

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
also, any luigi's in the NY area that go to in person tournies and what not want to show me some tips/tricks/etc? I second luigi and people say im pretty good with him

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Come to polytech animefest by DMT's skip. I'll show ye some tricks on luigi.... however i'm still pretty fresh on the tourney scene... and young so don't hurt me... lol.
I'm not old :( 17 turnin 18 in june. I've only been to 3 tournies :p I like to joke a lot so don't take me too seriously :p

dr.lu

Smash Rookie
im from ellicott city,maryland.luigi main true and green

Top Bottom