• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Characters

Shark X

Smash Lord
Thats good...maybe. I kinda don't know how Marth is either, but since I don't know of any game in the US that actually has Marth, then for know, I'm better off not knowing what Marth is like ^^

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Kill Roy, add Hector. Marth or Sigurd, but not both. Hector, I suggest, because he is 1) Well known and liked in JP and USA 2) Adds versatility with his axe and 3) Would bring respect to "Power" characters, as he is strong, but not slow.

Of course, I'd trade them all and half the non FE Roster to put in Kent and Mathew, but that's -JUST-seriously] me. ^.^

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Kent can get off his horse, but I know he won't be in. He's not popular, or horribly important in the game.

Konoichi

Smash Rookie
My thoughts:

Lyndis - She'd be a good character to add in because she has both big strengths (speed, range, a most likely strong sweet spot), and big weaknesses (light weight, low damage without sweet spot) that could be put in to join well with gameplay mechanics we're used to. They'd probably have to do a costume change though, since her outfit isn't very kiddy friendly (things just... fly up sometimes >_>).

Eliwood - He'd probably only bust out Durandal during that super attack thingy. Meaning his normal weapon would be a Rapier. He'd probably be like Lyndis except slower and a little heavier. Still, like most people said, this guy was kinda... dull. He was bland in the start and he really didn't seem to fit his more 'dynamic' lines. Oh well, he was a balanced character stat-wise, and that's how I see him in the game. Not fast, not slow, not heavy, not light, not strong, not weak, etc. It depends on what kind of moves he gets.

Hector - Slow. Heavy. Power. Disjointed Hitbox. Basically... Ganondorf with an upgrade. He'd probably play in the air. He'd use Wolf Beil or his legendary (forgot name). It's possible one of his B moves could be a "hand axe" like thing. Kinda Link-boomerang style.

Ike - God I hated this guy. Goes from a zero to hero really... he was just overpowered and overrated. He didn't seem like a very good leader, he was rash and disrespectful. Plus they gave him that Ragnell thing. He didn't deserve such a good weapon. Oh well, he's probably the one that'll get in. They'll probably give him a short range projectile by like... shooting some energy out of the sword. I hope he's Low Tier... *******.

Roy - Keep this guy and make him good. He got screwed by Marth but he deserves more. I want to see him use that gg stab of his. >_> He could own it up with a Rapier (and man did his rock...) so make him top tier for m

Well I got tired of typing. Oh well

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Kill Roy, add Hector. Marth or Sigurd, but not both. Hector, I suggest, because he is 1) Well known and liked in JP and USA 2) Adds versatility with his axe and 3) Would bring respect to "Power" characters, as he is strong, but not slow.
Marth and Sigurd are more popular than Hector, they both should be in over him.

btw, Hector's legendary weapon is called Armads.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
keep roy and marth!Add hector becuase we need another charactor weapon

ps.Roy is NOT a sweeper,hes a stabber and ranged fighter using sword of seals

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Hector - Slow. Heavy. Power. Disjointed Hitbox. Basically... Ganondorf with an upgrade. He'd probably play in the air. He'd use Wolf Beil or his legendary (forgot name). It's possible one of his B moves could be a "hand axe" like thing. Kinda Link-boomerang style.
Hector isn't exactly slow. He strikes fast, very fast, in the game.

Marth and Sigurd are more popular than Hector, they both should be in over him.

btw, Hector's legendary weapon is called Armads.
Much so, but they're pretty identical. Hector adds diversity.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
No, Sigurd fights with lances and swords, marth only with swords. If sakurai cant make sigurd different then theres not much hope for Hector either, who uses swords and axes

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
No, Sigurd fights with lances and swords, marth only with swords. If sakurai cant make sigurd different then theres not much hope for Hector either, who uses swords and axes
While Sigurd can technically equip both, he is primarily looked at as a sword wielder.

Same with Hector, can equip swords, but is an Axe Wielder.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Sigurd and Hector are the two I'd like in. = ) Or...Hector and Marth.

But, yes. It's an understandable hypothesis to theorize that Hector would be a slow character. It scares me, though, because if he was placed in the game as a slow character, he would probably be low tier, most slow characters suck.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
It has the Daein flag. Daein is in Path Of Radiance. Eliwood has a two handed sword (Durandal), not just any old sword. Eliwood's Brawl Move would be something like Mario's, seeing as how Durandal is the Sword Of Sacred Fire. Well, it'd be fire related...
Here is a sprite of Eliwood with the Durandal.

REALLY BIG SWORD. But sadly enough, his attack sprites don't have fire in them :(

Hector would be awesome, but if you keep on acting weapons to the game, it's gonna become Soul Smash Calibur...

Hector and Sigurd would be nice to have in the game

Hector + Armads = sexy lol

Note the fact that he only uses one hand to wield that AXE... That is just crazy, he would have to be slow even though in the game he averages a very nice speed.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Though it's actually constitution which helps determine weapon speed instead of STR in FE6/7. So yeah, Hector also has a nice and high Constitution. So yeah, he's also one of the strongest units in that game too, him and Oswin.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai doesn't want to add any japan only characters, so it's more likely that Ephraim is in the game than either Sigurd or Celice.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Well, they already have 2 Japan only characters, Marth and Roy from Fire Emblem 1,3, and 6.

But they were taking a lot of Fan request for characters... As long as they don't put in stupid characters like sonic or Megaman, I'm happy.

Anyway, for FE7-9, I guess it would probably have to be hmm... Lets say Ephraim, and Sothe from FE10.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Sakurai doesn't want to add any japan only characters, so it's more likely that Ephraim is in the game than either Sigurd or Celice.
He said that he doesn't want to add too many Japan-only characters! Geez, why do people keep on thinking this? And don't forget where Brawl is being made and don't forget that GBA FEs are despised there too.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Funny how these characters captured Sakurais interesrt

Sigurd( who has no chance according to PZX2DN4F) also took a music suggestion which was the 3rd suggestion on sakurai's poll.

Oguma(second fire emblem character suggesgted)

Ike(many suggestions after those two)

Black knight(ike/black Knight in same suggestion)

Mia

Soren

Random FE charatcers (non important characters like Jeigan)

Dont see Ephriam up there, yet he has a better chance than Sigurd?

JPW

Smash Ace
To be honest I want Hector and Lyn to join Marth and Roy the most. We don't have enough female characters. and out of all the weapons our fighters have, and items, an axe seems to be missing.
Eliwood would be great but it would have to be his first form, though maybe the Horse could be part of his special. And if Eliwood joins, I saw cut Roy. It just be too confusing, cause Roy and Eliwood look very much alike, in my eyes anyway, and it just be weird and confusing.

I really think we need a Sage too.

And maybe a bad guy lol.

How about Ashnard. Though he'd probably be a Gannondorf clone.
Errr, the Sorceror in Blazing Sword. Yeah he'll be cool.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
To be honest I want Hector and Lyn to join Marth and Roy the most. We don't have enough female characters. and out of all the weapons our fighters have, and items, an axe seems to be missing.
Eliwood would be great but it would have to be his first form, though maybe the Horse could be part of his special. And if Eliwood joins, I saw cut Roy. It just be too confusing, cause Roy and Eliwood look very much alike, in my eyes anyway, and it just be weird and confusing.

I really think we need a Sage too.

And maybe a bad guy lol.

How about Ashnard. Though he'd probably be a Gannondorf clone.
Errr, the Sorceror in Blazing Sword. Yeah he'll be cool.
How about Lyon the Necromancer from the Sacred Stones he is a magic user and a villian he would fit both your requests.

Kalaquinn

Smash Apprentice
My 4,

1. Marth

2. Lyn - The perfect female counterpoint swordsman to Marth. Plus, she's got a bow.

3. Hector - Powerhouse axeman, whose awesome moves would be a great contrast to the swords of Marth, Lyn and Link.

4. Any Paladin/Cavalier or Archer - Ike/Roy/Sigurd are basically all the same, and Link, Marth and Lyn--the better counterpoint to Marth--already offer plenty of swordsman. If we're going to see a fourth FE character, I much rather see Sakurai go for variety here, than popularity. I mean, just how many swordsman do we need with so many other interesting weapon-wielders out there? I can easily let go of my favorite character for variety of smashplay here. We've got the mage/clerical end covered with M2 and Zelda (maybe Geno), so it would be cool to see someone on horseback or a long distance-based character.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Some people argue that Falco is a long distance-based character. Mathos for one overuses his lasers and seems to do okay. Someone on horseback would just be weird.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
My 4,

1. Marth

2. Lyn - The perfect female counterpoint swordsman to Marth. Plus, she's got a bow.

3. Hector - Powerhouse axeman, whose awesome moves would be a great contrast to the swords of Marth, Lyn and Link.

4. Any Paladin/Cavalier or Archer - Ike/Roy/Sigurd are basically all the same, and Link, Marth and Lyn--the better counterpoint to Marth--already offer plenty of swordsman. If we're going to see a fourth FE character, I much rather see Sakurai go for variety here, than popularity. I mean, just how many swordsman do we need with so many other interesting weapon-wielders out there? I can easily let go of my favorite character for variety of smashplay here. We've got the mage/clerical end covered with M2 and Zelda (maybe Geno), so it would be cool to see someone on horseback or a long distance-based character.
No, they're not. Sigurd's better than both of them, and he's usually depicted with a lance(in fan art) so he can just use that.

Kalaquinn

Smash Apprentice
I could do Sigurd with a lance. The Roy's power factor could easily be given to Sigurd or Hector.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Sigurds base strenth at level 5 is 14, way higher then Hector, Sigurds strong point is strenth/defence/skill, weakness is speed. Also he is a Sword/Lance user.

Ike on the Other hand strong point is Strength/Speed, with Def as his weakness. Plus he has ranged attacks, (wind) that can certasinly make him more varied.

Roy is strong in Luk/Speed, weak in Str/Def. Also has ranged attacks, (fire).

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Two of the strongest Lords ever are Sigurd and Hector, I happen to like both of them and would like to see them rep in SM:BB.

Hector is quite capable of being the only character you use to clear levels.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Maybe they should give Marth a skirt so he won't look too much like Ike.

I'm just kidding. I think Ike could use a bit pf a makeover (hey, they gave Marth pants).

I really wanna see FE villain (a major villain, not some flunkie who appears in one chapter).

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
i know nobody except path of radiance players have heard of him, but Sothe. he is a minor/important character in the game and he will return as a prominent character in the wii version. he is a really quik thief/rogue who use double daggers AND ROCKS

Top Bottom