• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found a copy of Awakening at Target. It was the last copy they had.

Funny of all the places to have it, it was Target...

I can't play it until around 10:30 tonight though because of school and work. I didn't bring my 3DS

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
There's a Tharja figure??

Edit: Googled it, hory sheet.

I'd link an image, but I'd consider it borderline inappropriate content, lmao.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Paralogue 3.

Villagers with a death wish, walking right into enemy range. :/

I only saved one, got a Seraph Robe and a Log, didn't feel like trying again to save the others.

I was kind of missing being able to rescue for that chapter, but pairing up more than makes up for it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You don't have to worry about it, the other reward is a ladle.

You got the Seraph Robe, which is the important thing.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Paralogue 7 is worse.

30 2nd tier units everywhere, many of whom are snipers, and your units are protecting 5 Villagers in an enclosed space. You're gonna lose a Villager unless you're lucky, and have ranged weapons to take them out early.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
So, in chapter 16 we finally see the dark side of Awakening's reinforcements. They warn you that the reinforcements are coming ahead of time, sure... but what they don't tell you is that said reinforcements include 6 Falcon Knights spaced evenly around the boundary of the map. Considering they can double any vulnerable units, and even carry spears to make a defensive line that much harder to set up, it's a nightmare.

And even after you get through those, a group of bow knights appear at the bottom edge of the screen, which will murder ANY flier you have in the general vicinity.

The easiest solution I found to this map was to just rush it and go for the 5 turn clear, before the truly troublesome reinforcements showed up. I ended up dropping Sully and Stahl from my team, although they were decent earlier on, they just can't keep up with these promoted units.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Jeeeeeze.
These sidequest are nuts man.

I havn't played FE since FE 7 so correct me if i'm wrong on this...
But the series has really gotten a huge boost in difficulty.

Maybe it's because i'm trying to raise alot of weak units like Donnel, but still, I did that in the old games too.

Paralogue 3.

Villagers with a death wish, walking right into enemy range. :/

I only saved one, got a Seraph Robe and a Log, didn't feel like trying again to save the others.

I was kind of missing being able to rescue for that chapter, but pairing up more than makes up for it.

Ha, that's the one I was just on.
It was a pain until I figured out you can use the "Rescue" spell on NPC's. I sent my healer to them, and yanked one away from danger if they were about to get slaughtered.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Personally, I'm enjoying the flying units in this game, they all have pretty great power, and the two falcon knights will double just about everything while still having good defense (and of course great magic resist). My Wyvern knight loses some of the magic resist and speed, but trades that off for even better power and ridiculous defense. The only better unit I have so far is my tactician, who's the best unit I've seen since Ike (and currently the only competent mage on my team).

Paralogue 9 is going to be murder though, with eight snipers which cover each other well, and all of the enemy units are promoted. And of course it doesn't help that the recruitable unit there is a Pegasus who notably weaker than anything else on the map and promptly got 1-shotted by a non archer. I'm just going to have to come back later for that, it's easily the most difficult map I've seen yet.
Seems like you haven't seen paralogue 16 yet :v.

Almost all of those paralogues are pretty difficult. Will probably have to progress the story to at least Chapter 18(probably farther) in order for me to be prepared for all of them except paralogue 5, 8, or 12, which I have already beaten :v.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Are the later paralogues really that tough?

So far I've just gotten done with Paralogue 3, and man those NPCs are dumb. A turn or two away from clearing the map and they walk into range of 2 Pegasus Knights on a hill, being on a hill my normal units can't protect them from all sides...ended up only being able to save one, but at least I got the Angelic Robe. >_>

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Imagine a bunch of level 7-8 second classes (boss level 13 iIrc) when you're generally fighting level 20's and a few level 3 second classes with a boss level 7-8 in the main story line. Huge jump xD.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Are the later paralogues really that tough?

So far I've just gotten done with Paralogue 3, and man those NPCs are dumb. A turn or two away from clearing the map and they walk into range of 2 Pegasus Knights on a hill, being on a hill my normal units can't protect them from all sides...ended up only being able to save one, but at least I got the Angelic Robe. >_>
Yes, they are. It didn't help that the first late paralogue I did had my recruitable ally running headlong into the swarms of promoted enemies like a *******, through hallways that ranged enemies could one-round her through. >.>

:005:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Between the Paralogue chapters and the Spotpass teams like Jaffar's, you're going to be pulling your hair out trying to keep everyone alive.

Though it can get profoundly easier if your Avatar unit gained the Rally Spectrum skill. +4 in all stats suring your phase and the enemy phase makes the units much sturdier.

Or you can team Gerome with Cherche and go on a killing spree. Gerome is like RD Haar with even more strength and Health, and an A support with Cherche gives a +8 boost in Strength (to stack along with the +2 strength skill he inherited from her) and +8 in Defense. Give him a few Speedwings and he's ready to unleash destruction.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Man, super unlikely pairings that turned out to be incredibly interesting conversations:

Lon'Qu x Tharja

Nowi x Stahl.

I geeked a little in NowixStahl's B support when she names the bird
Janaff

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Haar was broken because thunder magic sucked and he wasn't weak to bows, which also meant he wasn't weak to crossbows. So essentially, a flier with no weaknesses. (Though he's not good vs magic, magic isn't really intense until endgame)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I've found something about this game that bugs me.

I was getting swarmed early in Ch. 20, and Miriel and Lissa were bound to die if I didn't get them away. Miriel was able to run away, but Lissa couldn't get far enough away; fortunately, Kellam wasn't paired up with anybody, so I decided to pair Lissa with Kellam to keep her alive. So I select her, point her to Kellam, and select him (mashing A, because I'm used to doing so from pairing people up frequently by now)...and she heals him. Why should targeting an allied unit with a healer heal them instead of pairing them up, as every other unit would do (aside from Olivia)? It seems silly that a universal command does something completely different for the same input for a special type of unit, in some situations (I'm pretty sure Lissa would've paired up with Kellam if he had had full HP).

It almost seems like the game realized this though. It "apologized" to me by having Kellam support block the first two attacks that came for her (they only had a B support, so the odds must have been really small), had another two miss with ~50-60% hit rates, and the two that did hit left her at 1 HP. :x It was actually pretty incredible, in retrospect.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't want help with Lunatic so much as I want a support group.

Jesus Christ, but Frederick Emblem is hard.

Jem.

Smash Master
Without getting spoilered the crap out of since I'm new to Fire Emblem (And got the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle, coolest looking 3DS by far by the way) Anyone have tips on who to save and who to kill? I hear that's a big part of how the Fire Emblem stories turn out, so I dont want to shaft myself just because I want to kill everyone.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So when do the kids become recruitable after marriage? Is it like FE4 where it's after a specific chapter?

Also, am I still allowed to reach S Rank with other girls afterwards, or is that reserved for marriage?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Without getting spoilered the crap out of since I'm new to Fire Emblem (And got the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle, coolest looking 3DS by far by the way) Anyone have tips on who to save and who to kill? I hear that's a big part of how the Fire Emblem stories turn out, so I dont want to shaft myself just because I want to kill everyone.
Killing off enemies doesn't really alter the story very much; what does matter is how you build supports between characters. Supports are relationships between units that gave bonuses in battle, but they also show conversations between the characters that develop the backstories behind your units that you wouldn't normally see throughout the progression of the game. You can also build marriages in this game by developing S-rank supports, which will allow you to recruit each couple's children later on; the appearance/stats/skills/etc. of the children are based on who their parents are.

The thing about killing units in this game is that once a unit dies, there's no reviving them; they're gone for the rest of the game. This game does let you play Casual Mode though, where death is not permanent, which is much more forgiving to people new to the series.

So when do the kids become recruitable after marriage? Is it like FE4 where it's after a specific chapter?

Also, am I still allowed to reach S Rank with other girls afterwards, or is that reserved for marriage?
Once you pass chapter
, you recruit your first child, and from that point on, you can recruit children as soon as their parents marry, after beating the sidequest.

Each character is only allowed one S-rank. *no polygamy*

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I touched my 3DS and fire emblem, i just played the prologue
the real one, not the dream
, i put it on lunatic so I wouldn't want to keep trying... But god damn Myunit was getting ORKO by myrmidons... THIS IS NOT HOW FIRE EMBLEM IS SUPPOSED TO WORK!! Its supposed to be only brigands!!!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I've currently decided on raising her and keeping her as a taguel instead of reclassing.

It's kinda nice that she can dish out consistently high damage outside of the weapons triangle, but i'm not sure how good she'll be in the long run.

I'll give ya a heads up if I end up regretting it, but right now she's one of my best units. Good health, and she often double strikes damn near everything.
Also she's a Were-Hare thing. :3

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Still within 3 spaces I think.

If not, then adjacent still works for sure, doesn't have to be paired.

:phone:

Top Bottom