• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Thread

Rayku

Smash Lord
I've been on a -serious- Fire Emblem high lately. Playing through 7 for the 13th time just out of sheer enjoyment. I'm also trying to find an emulator that will play sound properly so I can play Fire Emblem 6 (I've heard from a few people that it's the hardest).

I know that NickRiddle is doing a Let's Play of Path of Radiance right now, and recently finished one of 7. I'm hoping to start some Let's Play's myself if I get some decent recording materials.

ITT we talk about Fire Emblem. I'm actually curious to know about which character is who's favorite, simply out of curiosity. I enjoy the storyline behind the games, and the characters usually have a personality behind them.

My two favorite characters are Marcia the Falcoknight, from Path of Radiance (FE9) and Hector the Great Lord from FE7.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
My favorite varies from game to game.

6 - Roy(obv)
7 - Kent/Hector.
8 - Undecided, still.
PoR - Definitely Shinon.
RD - Gotta be Zihark. I like him better in this game.

I have yet to get through a FE game without losing a unit. It's so hard, and there's so many units that suck enough to be sacrificed.

FE hates me.

But yeah, the sound in 6 is rather annoying to emulate.

I'm currently playing 1 on NES emulator, with language patch.

Jeigan is annoying.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I need to get my hands on Radiant Dawn.

The only time I've ever lost a unit in a Fire Emblem game is on Chapter 17 in Hard Mode (Path of Radiance). I lost my underleveled healer.

Thanks for that, Dan

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I need to get my hands on Radiant Dawn.

The only time I've ever lost a unit in a Fire Emblem game is on Chapter 17 in Hard Mode (Path of Radiance). I lost my underleveled healer.

Thanks for that, Dan
I've got it if you want to borrow it. Just putting it out there.

I'm going to have my hands full with 1 for a while.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I've got it if you want to borrow it. Just putting it out there.

I'm going to have my hands full with 1 for a while.
I would rather own the game than borrow it. It's something I'd be preoccupied with for a while >.>...

Also, it's something wrong with my emulator. I played through 8 a long time ago and the sound worked perfectly fine. Then, when I brought it up two weeks ago, the sound was all distorted. I hadn't touched it since, I've no idea what's going on. I downloaded the most recent version of VBA and it still does the same thing (with all ROMs, I've tried different games to see if it was game specific)

And I don't want to play Fire Emblem 6 without sound...

Rayku

Smash Lord
I've only played 7, 8 and 9, so I'm not the right person to ask that. I really enjoy 7 (obviously) and 9 is also very good.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Rayku if you have a PSP you can run FE6 at basically GBA perfection.

You can also err, play it on the Wii. Although non-portable FE always seemed wrong to me (or long non-online strategy games in general).

GA Peach

Smash Lord
One thing I love about FE is character design. A lot of them just look really cool, so it adds to the fun of the game. Also, why has no one shown love for Lyndis yet? that chick is awesome. there are too many characters that I like in FE to be mentioned, but I had to mention Lyndis.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
back when i was a high schooler i completed 6 and 7 hard modes because honestly high schoolers have nothing else to do

if i can find the 6 cart i used(on the off chance i did not returned it) som1 can borrow it

on that note sofiya sofiya sofiya sofiya sofiya sofiya sofiya

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
One thing I love about FE is character design. A lot of them just look really cool, so it adds to the fun of the game. Also, why has no one shown love for Lyndis yet? that chick is awesome. there are too many characters that I like in FE to be mentioned, but I had to mention Lyndis.
Lyndis is cool, but I prefer Eirika.

I want a female character in FE who's a Warrior, a Fighter. Not a Cleric, or a Myrmidon, or an archer, or a Paladin.

A woman who swings around a huge Axe, and ***** with it.

Meg is excluded from this, because nobody likes her, and she uses swords.

I felt that 9 and 10 had too many Myrmidons. Every other character was a god-forsaken Myrmidon.

No love for the Axe-Wielders...*sob*

Rayku

Smash Lord
I want a female character in FE who's a Warrior, a Fighter. Not a Cleric, or a Myrmidon, or an archer, or a Paladin.
Lyndis IS a warrior. If you did the supports with Hector, she was straight up LEARNING how to kill Hector.

@Marty: I like Lyndis alright, but Marcia just got me with humor. I judge by personality first, looks second lol. And yeah, character design is pretty awesome. I usually abide by the rule "Play who looks the coolest," so most of my high-leveled rosters at the endgame are characters I liked the most.

@VietG: I do not own a PSP, sadly...

@Tong: I'd love to borrow it

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I still havent beaten FE6, everytime I get to Murdock's chapter, I lose a unit, and me being the perfectionist that I am, I cant let that happen. It haunts my dreams.

Purple

Hi guys!
i'm going to download a fire emblem tonight and start playing it. more than likely procrasinating my homework.

thoughts?

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
I love me some FE. Used to be a huge FE buff, went to all the sites, sprited for a while. Good times...

FE4, 7 and maaaybe 9 are the favorites of most fans. 4 is just really freakin good, highly recommend. There are some other FE fans that I know are smashers too *coughinuicough* wonder if a name search will bring him here...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Fire Emblem is amazing.
Also, Rayku, I've done 6-8 and Shadow Dragon. (Eww, what a bad game.)
Just use VBA to play 6 on the computer.
Anybody know where I could get 4 or 5 translated? I've never played those, and my searching for them didn't yield anything.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hav u tried 3roms, roms43, romscentral, emuparadise

you could also just register on a rom forum and simply just /r/ it :3

Rayku

Smash Lord
@NickRiddle: I am using VBA to emulate 6, but like I said, the sound is distorted and annoying me.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Sacred Stones was a tragedy as far as storyline and character development, but I liked all the new units and options for promotion.

7 is easily the best I've ever played, and Hector with Armads equipped is unstoppable, he hit his stat caps nearly every playthrough for me.

6... I'm still working on. I've been busy. Q_Q

Path of Radiance I played, but didn't finish because I had borrowed it.

Currently playing through Shadow Dragon... its pretty meh.

Fun FE fact: on the Fire Emblem boards (Fire Emblem Sanctuary of Strategy) my account name was TheGayThiefLegault.
Because his support convo with Heath was about the gayest thing I've ever read! :laugh:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
i know, i've beaten it like 5 times. :)

which is the fire emblem with roy in it? i've looked for it but i'm never able to find it. i guess i have all FE games but that one.
FE6, which is not produced in America.

Seriously in love in Fire Emblem, but FE11 was a disappointment for me, particularly because it's a straight re-hash of the original FE with class change. Marth was an excellent lord though.

Also, that is the only game where it actually rewards you for killing off characters.

Fire Emblem is amazing.
Also, Rayku, I've done 6-8 and Shadow Dragon. (Eww, what a bad game.)
Just use VBA to play 6 on the computer.
Anybody know where I could get 4 or 5 translated? I've never played those, and my searching for them didn't yield anything.
You actually need to download 4 and 5 then download the patches that translate the text into english. Be careful about FE5 though. I heard that's the hardest FE game to date.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
FE6, which is not produced in America.

Seriously in love in Fire Emblem, but FE11 was a disappointment for me, particularly because it's a straight re-hash of the original FE with class change. Marth was an excellent lord though.

Also, that is the only game where it actually rewards you for killing off characters.

You actually need to download 4 and 5 then download the patches that translate the text into english. Be careful about FE5 though. I heard that's the hardest FE game to date.
...Shadow Dragon wasn't meant to be a continuation on the FE series. it was only meant to bring Marth's story to an updated console and the US, which beforehand, had no legal access to it. I was impressed with the game due to it being a GIGANTIC advancement over the original Famicom version. I mean, Hell, they even made Marth decent without having Falchion in his grip. Hopefully, FE6 will be remade and they'll make "The Real Man" Roy stronger.

Also, was FE5 the one with Sigurd? If so, that game would have to be crazy if it's the hardest one, as I believe Sigurd was a strong Lord. FE games with strong Lords tend to be considerably easier than ones with crappy ones. I never played 5, unfortunately...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
...Shadow Dragon wasn't meant to be a continuation on the FE series. it was only meant to being Marth's story to the US, which beforehand, had no access to it. I was impressed with the game due to it being a GIGANTIC advancement over the original Famicom version. I mean, Hell, they even made Marth decent without having Falchion in his grip. Hopefully, FE6 will be remade and they'll make "The Real Man" Roy stronger.
I hope so. God, he was terrible.
Maybe they'll change what he looks like when he classes up too... ****ing game...

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I just started on my play through of FE11 and it's awesome so far. I don't know what to expect but I hear it's much more of an improvement from the old famicom/nes version. I would have loved Radiant Dawn more if Sothe and Micaiah weren't so lame with stat growth. (Plus Micaiah is just lame... but she has a nice booty though lol)

My favorites so far are

Blazing Sword - Jaffar (broken until end game lol) hector, lyndis and Erk(his speed growth is ridiculous)

Path of Radiance - Naphenee (all around beast) Mia(one of my favorite characters mostly because of her personality) Shinion(<---my favorite in both games)

Radiant Dawn - same as above and Ike kinda reminds me of Gutts from Berserk lol

Seisen no Keifu - Sigurd is ****** broken but its awesome and Ayra. I played this game with the tranlastion at 60% years ago. I'll have to play through it again :)

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
...Shadow Dragon wasn't meant to be a continuation on the FE series. it was only meant to bring Marth's story to an updated console and the US, which beforehand, had no legal access to it. I was impressed with the game due to it being a GIGANTIC advancement over the original Famicom version. I mean, Hell, they even made Marth decent without having Falchion in his grip.
Course it wasn't. Doesn't stop me from thinking it was a disappointment. Only good thing I got out of that was Merciless Mode. There's no excuse to not update the gameplay besides purity. Hell, you couldn't even rescue in the game.

EDIT: Perhaps I'm biased since I already played FE3, so there was really nothing to amaze me besides the class change system.
Hopefully, FE6 will be remade and they'll make "The Real Man" Roy stronger.
Honestly, as long as you have full supports then the game is pretty easy. Only about the first five chapters are a pain to get through.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman

Will_

Smash Journeyman
S-ranking Hector Hard mode in FE7 is an old pastime of mine.

I was into FE debating back in 06-07 when ppl actually did it. Inui was too(dunno if he still is), and we bashed heads with Reikken(dude who won most if not all debate tourneys) a couple times, Inui moreso than myself.

Rayku

Smash Lord
There's a guy on FEF that goes by Inui.

I've not S-ranked Hector Hard Mode. I don't know very much behind the Fire Emblem series, sadly. I'm still learning :)

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I hope so. God, he was terrible.
Maybe they'll change what he looks like when he classes up too... ****ing game...
Yeah. Roy is one of my favorite characters to play in Melee, which is why I even decided to play FE6. When I saw how mediocre he was, it annoyed me. If they re-made that game, I would be very happy.

Course it wasn't. Doesn't stop me from thinking it was a disappointment. Only good thing I got out of that was Merciless Mode. There's no excuse to not update the gameplay besides purity. Hell, you couldn't even rescue in the game.

EDIT: Perhaps I'm biased since I already played FE3, so there was really nothing to amaze me besides the class change system.

Honestly, as long as you have full supports then the game is pretty easy. Only about the first five chapters are a pain to get through.
Well, the way I see it, you have to look at the game for what it is. FE:SD is leagues above its original version, but kept some archaic aspects for nostalgia/wanting to reprogram as little as possible. It was mostly just an exposure thing due to Marth gaining popularity through SSBM.

And, yeah, I beat FE6 also, but things could have gone a little more smoothly if Roy were a bit better. That, and I wish Sword of Seals didn't come so late. :(

D

Deleted member

So... I played FE for the first time today (GBA version)

I'm proudly addicted.

D

Deleted member

What are the most recommended games of the franchise?

I heard Radiant Dawn and Path to Radiance are great

Top Bottom