• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First announcement for ZEST6

Exalador

Smash Lord
Hey guys, whatsup? Even though it is probably still a long way to go (probably sometime between may and august), i wanted to let you guys know that I have already started to work on planning a new tournament, ZEST6 (in the Netherlands already known as 6T lol).

I wanted to start a topic here as well to let the International community know whats up, and to keep you posted with developments and progress regardig the tournament. As always I will try to do everything possible to make this tournament even better than the last one to guarantee a good time for everyone.

To do this, I wanna ask the community to supply me with some feedback about what YOU as the player would like to see at ZEST6. besides 'basic stuff' like: Melee/brawl/both, 1 day/multiple days, i would like to ask everyone to give some input on stuff like:

-What kind of events would you like to see?
-Do you still like the current ZEST venue, or would you like to see a new venue?
-etc....

I will try to compile a list in the coming weeks with a couple of questions you can fill out, so I will know what the players think is important to make ZEST6 a success!

In the meantime you can use this thread to discuss the tournament and share ideas and thoughts, just keep it tournament related and don't go (too far) off topic.

Hoping all of you are as excited about the new tournament as I am...

-Exalador

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Make both games span over the entire weekend instead of just one day each. You barely have any time to play friendlies :urg:

Will try my best to come to this, last time was awesome.

Exalador

Smash Lord
Always good to hear you enjoyed the last tournament ^^

The problem with spreading both games over the entire weekend, is that both melee- and brawlplayers have to be present for both days, which causes several inconveniences:

-There are about twice as many players at the venue on both days, since both groups are present.
-Number of setups should increase dramaticly
-A delay in one of the games causes a delay in the other game as well (except if you have a tremendous ammount of setups).

Gonna check a couple of things to see what the options are though, doing this would require a different venue as well (a multiday event would too btw, since it is nearly impossible to get the current venue for multiple days).

Thx for coming up with suggestions and ideas though ^^ appreciate it

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
You could possibly make 2 separate tourneys on different weekends (one for melee and one for brawl), which would solve most of your problems =)

Exalador

Smash Lord
that's true ^^ i've actually been thinking about that.

There is 1 problem that comes up when deviding the tournament in 2 weekends though. It's a lot of trouble for the players from countries other than the Netherlands that want to attend both tournaments. Either they have to travel back and forth twice in a short ammount of time, or they have to get housed for an entire week (or more if it isn't possible to get the venue for 2 consecutive weekends)

Would be awesome to do one tournament at the start of the summervacation and the other at the end of the summervacation though =D

Staco

Smash Champion
I want to attend Brawl. :)
Not in May though, because of school exams. :s

Luma

Smash Lord
you dutchies should get venue where you can stay overnight, it just sucks way too hard for us foreigners to get housing and stuff...

Exalador

Smash Lord
When will it happen?

I'd attend both Melee and Brawl.
second line of the OP ;): Even though it is probably still a long way to go (probably sometime between may and august), i wanted to let you guys know that I have already started to work on planning a new tournament, ZEST6 (in the Netherlands already known as 6T lol).

so basicly... no set date yet...

you dutchies should get venue where you can stay overnight, it just sucks way too hard for us foreigners to get housing and stuff...
I feel the same way... I am actually looking around for some other venues to see if i can arrange this. Sadly the Netherlands hardly have any venues where staying overnight is permitted... =( I'll do my absolute best to get this done though

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
second line of the OP ;): Even though it is probably still a long way to go (probably sometime between may and august), i wanted to let you guys know that I have already started to work on planning a new tournament, ZEST6 (in the Netherlands already known as 6T lol).

so basicly... no set date yet...
You could pretty much make it an awesome pre-Genesis tournament. =)

Or post. xD

Kone

Smash Master
2 things;

1. Housing at these things is awkward. Albeit, I will consider going if it is in July (not that im trying to make it July, just the only time I can).

2. Avoid August for SNY2 please/won't be good for either tournament :s

Exalador

Smash Lord
2 things;

1. Housing at these things is awkward. Albeit, I will consider going if it is in July (not that im trying to make it July, just the only time I can).

2. Avoid August for SNY2 please/won't be good for either tournament :s
1. Yup, housing is a b****... As said in an above post, i will be looking around for a new venue where spending the night is possible. Can't promise anything yet, but i'll try ^^

2. Ofcourse i'll take dates of other tournaments in consideration when setting mine. As you pointed out it won't be good for either tournament. I'm aware of that and you can rest assured that ZEST won't interfere with SNY (especially since attending SNY is still an option for myself as well :p). We do have to consider not hosting the tournaments too far apart as well, since it might stimulate US-players to come to europe for a longer period of time and do a 'smash-tour'.... anyhow.. you know I would never screw you over Ed ^^

Tero.

Smash Champion
I feel the same way... I am actually looking around for some other venues to see if i can arrange this. Sadly the Netherlands hardly have any venues where staying overnight is permitted... =( I'll do my absolute best to get this done though
I hosted tournaments in 2 different locations and staying overnight was permitted in both, we still managed to convince the owners.
Step up your hosting game =P

Armada

Smash Lord
"or you could just skip brawl and have only melee "

Sorry Mr.R and Istudying :p

K@0S

Smash Ace
"or you could just skip brawl and have only melee "

Sorry Mr.R and Istudying :p and Kaos because he's the best
It's ok

Btw I may come to this if it's during my holidays and not during my exam periods.. so yeah, the chances are actually low ):

Armada

Smash Lord
Staco: Sounds like a terrible idea :p

Kaos: Sorry :p
I know you are a top player in brawl (don´t have a perfect ranking list) maybe the best (Gluttony)?.

Mizar: =)

Mr-R

Smash Champion
ramin is the 3rd best german melee player, he will be there for melee xDD
if brawl and melee is there i'd attend both, but if only melee would be there i wouldnt :(

**** U ARMADA BRAWL IS AWESOME YO 8D

Exalador

Smash Lord
Or you could just skip Melee and have Brawl only. :p
Only chance that this will happen is if Melee dies out completely... ;) the possibilities now are:

Melee only or Melee+Brawl...

As said: Nothing is certain right now, so both options could still happen. I'm really busy with school right now since i'm in my graduation-year. Things will move slowly for now...

Melee will always be my game of choice, but if possible it will be Melee + Brawl

Aniolas

Smash Ace
I always enjoy traveling to the netherlands, and ZEST has always been cool.
The good things with the venue is that it's close to stores, and you can buy food and drinks at the venue.
The not so good things is that it's pretty small. How many can you squeeze in? 60?

Exalador

Smash Lord
The most we have squeezed in so far has been 82, but it was reaaaaaaaaaally packed. I will be looking around for new venues, since I wanna make it more comfortable for everyone, both with space and hopefully even housing at the venue.

Luckily 'Zoetermeer' isn't that big and there are a loooot of public transportation places within the city, so getting to a supermarket/place to eat isn't too hard, no matter where you are in the city. The downside is that there aren't a lot of places that allow spending the night, and those who do are extremely expensive. I am gonna try everything in my power to get this done though.

EDIT: I have always enjoyed having you and Armada over and it would be awesome if you guys could make it again ^^

Greward

Smash Lord
spaniards are looking for some big brawl/melee tourney so we maybe would attend

u should do brawl tourney on one day and melee tourney on the other and have some TV for freeplays for melee during the brawl day and for brawl during the melee day, probly u were already thinking about doing this but just sayin it

Top Bottom