• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

first big mw brawl tourney? input and questions

viperboy_74

Smash Master
i dont' think it's really been done yet, a large mw tourney.

for those of you who remember from the melee days, the venue i have available to me is a large facility that offers other exhilirating activities such as mini golf.

the room isn't the issue, it's the attendance, how does everyone feel like such an event?

it'd be charleston, IL for those who are unfamiliar with the location.

Big_R

Smash Champion
wouldn't travel for brawl even tho that place is good times. i dont think any cok would rly be down. i mean maybe but we dont rly like the game so the only reason to go would be the ppls.

make it for WoW. hahaha

viperboy_74

Smash Master
there is a great possibilty of a melee tourney as well, for several of us veterans have similar feelings. i've only recently opened up to brawl myself

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you build it, they will come. Attendance has been pretty good from what I've seen, save for poorly advertised tournaments.

Kel

Smash Master
Cincy would come, and we've got some new-blood too.

We could probably make the the circuit championships too.

Tink

Smash Hero
well, he said FIRST big MW tourny, and 50+ people is big for a MW tourny. so :p KC.

ill be coming to this btw =).

Sliq

Smash Master
AOB I thought you died.

From being really old.

only1Z

Smash Champion
We had the 2nd one but bigger, Hohoho....I guess that may not be as much of an achievement~

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I loved Darkrains tourny, and Im gonna love this one. I seriously havent seen a lot of you guys in, like, forever. Plus, Im super anxious to play brawl with good people.

TJ, you need to get a date on this so I can try and schedule coming.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
You know, Chexr, I was going to make some kind of statement about Melee being better than Brawl, but then I remembered that you're better than me at Melee, so it isn't really worth it.

I've recently warmed up to Brawl, so I'll talk to Mendoza and see what he is saying about this.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
well its seeming a decent interest for this, so theres a high possibility that it actually will happen.

i'll update the thread in a few days with an exact date, just shooting somewhere for mid july probably, to allow ample time for all the prepare properly

Tink

Smash Hero
cant wait for this =) gonna be too much fun, and this time, i will be prepared in bringing some bagels instead of finding TJs shop <_<.

who wants to team for this? someone good maybe? monkey king darkrain o,0, if your not teaming with dmac =)?

Banned via Administration
well if i go to this then i would like to team with tink again i think we worked well also melee plz instead of brawl thx.

Banned via Administration
once again i will prolly be coming possibly doin brawl teams but more than likely playing melee on my own setup the whole time
lol ill do teams 2 and then prob do melee w/ bigc and fronzle him.

Sliq

Smash Master
At least I dont cry about it though huh
The fact is my previous statement simply pointed out the gaping hole in your arguement.

Also, the way you end you're sentence with "huh" makes you come off as a smug dolt, IMHO.

Kel

Smash Master
And just because you're good at a game doesn't make it good.
I think the problem is that too many people are bad at the game. And those said people don't want to relearn how to beat people, they expect to still win because they played melee.

The game is fun. The game is obviously competitive. We're learning new stuff all the time. The meta game is constantly changing, the only thing that isn't changing is the same 4 people coming into any and every brawl thread and reminding everyone that they like melee. Please STFU and die. Ne?

Sliq

Smash Master
I think the problem is that too many people are bad at the game. And those said people don't want to relearn how to beat people, they expect to still win because they played melee.
Regardless, my point still stands that because you are good at a game doesn't make it good. I'm good at Final Fantasy Tactics, but that **** is competitive at all. Auto-potion is would be way too ****ing broken, and everyone would just play Calculators.

I see your point, but people can also just dislike certain aspects of the gameplay and prefer one to other (no shield stun...but...I loved shield pressuirng...=<).

The game is fun.
For the most part. *Scowls at Overswarm*

Top Bottom