• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First game you vividly remember playing and beating?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
For me it was the original Warioland II for the GB, I had played and beaten many games before this game but Warioland II sticks out the most since I got it on my birthday along with the Ice Blue Game Boy pocket bundled with Zelda Link's Awakening. I kept the boxes and every insert for these to this day.

This was the first time I had gotten a Game Boy of any handheld ever and I had been wanting one since I heard about the original Game Boy. The Ice Blue pocket version my parents surprised me with I had no idea even existed and to this day I still think it's one of the sexiest versions of a Nintendo handheld.

I decided to play Warioland 2 first before even touching Zelda Link's Awakening because I knew that game was going to be epic and I was in the mood for something light and fun (and perhaps more pick up and play). I remember the hidden treasues, the easter eggs, the multiple branching pathways, the bosses, and sound effects and the unique and memorable soundtrack. I remember playing every single minute I was in the backseat of the car, waiting at the dentist office, or in my room after school. It definitely still holds up to this day, just finished playing the color enhanced version for the first time a month ago.

finalark

SNORLAX
Playing and beating?

Probably the first Spyro game. There are plenty of other games I remember playing or watching my older cousin play, but the fist one I ever beat was Spyro. First game I ever completed was Spyro 2.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The original Super Mario Bros. via Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on the GBC.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Mine was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team for the Nintendo DS. I remember playing this with my friends and experiencing the fantastic story. There were a lot of laughs, hype, and tears. That ending still gets me get a bit teary-eyed T-T

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Playing? Pokemon Yellow. Beating? Probably Silver.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Kirby's Dream Land for the Gameboy.

King Dedede was so hard for me to beat as a kid but I loved the moment I finally won against him.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My first console was the NES, but I'm not sure if I managed to beat anything at such a young age. Might've been one of the games I had for my Gamegear, but I don't know which.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
My first console was the NES, but I'm not sure if I managed to beat anything at such a young age. Might've been one of the games I had for my Gamegear, but I don't know which.
Aw man you just sparked an old gaming memory for me, Psychic Force for the GG

I really want to go back and play that game now, I remember it being way too challenging for me but fun. I never beat it as a kid.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Arcade Game! Oh wow! That game was such a blast!!!!! I beat it with the help of one of my older brothers. ^^ Loved picking Raphael.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Arcade Game! Oh wow! That game was such a blast!!!!! I beat it with the help of one of my older brothers. ^^ Loved picking Raphael.
About a year ago I became obsessed with TMNT IV Turtles in Time again and recorded some speedruns of it, that game never gets old for me. Solid gameplay and some of the most amazing music for a VG.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
About a year ago I became obsessed with TMNT IV Turtles in Time again and recorded some speedruns of it, that game never gets old for me. Solid gameplay and some of the most amazing music for a VG.
Womg.....

# NeonNightRiders. That soundtrack is love!

It's too bad Konami doesn't make epic games like TMNT or Gradius anymore. Heh...and how they burnt Hideo Kojima is unforgivable.

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
Donkey Kong Country! Later on in my life I would go back to speed run this game and I will never get bored with it, I still see it as the best platformer.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Probably Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Genesis. I had Super Mario Bros around that time also, but as a 4 year old kid when Sonic 2 came out, I remember clear as day sitting and playing through the entire game by myself, beating it.

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle comes into mind the most. While I'm on that bandwagon who agrees that the game hasn't aged well, it still is regardless extremely fun and definitely created a lot of memories. 2 Player mode, City Escape music, and the Chao Garden mostly come into mind.

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle comes into mind the most. While I'm on that bandwagon who agrees that the game hasn't aged well, it still is regardless extremely fun and definitely created a lot of memories. 2 Player mode, City Escape music, and the Chao Garden mostly come into mind.
The chao garden is the best part of that game, if the whole game was just sonic/shadow levels and chao garden it would be the best game ever.

D

Deleted member

Mine was a dora game...

don't you judge me, it was fun

Last edited by a moderator:

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
I can't remember if I beat it but I think I did Donkey Kong on the original Gameboy

[S0M4] Ghostwriter

Smash Rookie
Anyone remember this gem?
The game feel, man.
Nothing more vivid than The Cave of Bad Dreams or the Sanctuaries.

カワシさん

Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 on the GBA. Doing this at 5 or 6 I'm now surprised I even managed to beat it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Playing? Commander Keen.

Beating? Yeesh. I think that might have been Duke Nukem 1.

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest was the first game I played. I believe the first game I ever beat was a Pokemon game. I remember owning Gold and Ruby as a kid so it was either one.

EZdelFresco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaliKid_E
Sonic 2. It was a major achievement for me to get past act 2 of chemical planet zone back then. But when I did finally, there was no stopping me from beating the rest of the game.

SurrealBrain

Smash Cadet
First game I ever played was Super Mario World on the Super NES. At least, I'm pretty sure it was. I was but a baby or a toddler when I first laid my hands on the Super NES, and I'm pretty sure this was the first game I ever played on it.

It was also the first game I ever beaten, though I don't think I beat it until a few years after first playing. I took the shortcut through the Star Road, but I was proud of myself at the time anyways because I hadn't beaten any game before then. Aaah memories...

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
When I was young and back in San Jose, we got a PS2 system (I actually still have it in my room.). The very first game I remember playing on there was Rayman 2: Revolution, the PS2 remake of the original PC/N64 version. I played it through the first time originally not completing it 100%, but it was still a fun experience... The game has aged, but it has always held a very special place in my heart and I played it many times over and over again... It's never gotten old for me, and it's not going to start now.

D

Deleted member

Can't remember much, unfortunately. I do know Super Mario 64 was one of them.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
The first game I remember that I managed to beat was Pokémon red. While I played classical NES games before, I was not able to get to the end credits in neither Mario Bros nor Kirby when I was that young.

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
The game I have the most vivid memories beating has to be Donkey Kong Country. DKC is a challenging game, I remember feeling as though I had accomplished something upon beating the game. I'd attempted to do so many times, spent days in front of the TV to the point that my Dad would randomly hum some of the games music because he'd heard it so much. There were times when I got stressed out because of the difficulty but I always came back and it was fun.

I wish I could feel the same way about games nowadays honestly.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Sonic the Hedgehog (8-bit). The very first game I ever played as well as the first game I beat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom