• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Ward Productions Releases 'Smash Brotherhood of Florida' Doc

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Last week, First Ward Productions quietly released their first Smash documentary, titled 'The Super Smash Brotherhood of Florida.' Florida's scene doesn't get a lot of attention compared to East/West Coast and MD/VA, but there is a strong and lively scene in the Sunshine State. The documentary follows two competitors looking to rise in the ranks and become respected players.

The Super Smash Brotherhood of Florida
While it may not have the scale of The Smash Brothers documentary of last year, it is great to see lesser-represented communities put on display. Hopefully more communities will find ways to put their scene into the limelight.

Alexander Duprey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1865-0311-7929
lol I'm so surprised to see my face on the front page of smashboards, I'm glad everyone enjoyed this little side project by my good friend Ryan Reese and First Ward Films :)

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
There's very few competitive players here in South Texas (including myself). Hopefully, I'll get into the Smash scene and start winning in my local tournaments so that I can show that any smasher can come from the most unexpected/unheard places. :)

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
I'm at work but I will watch this later :)

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Love how they offered a different POV on the smash scene than the more popular doc - it's from the perspective of newer/less experienced players, rather than top players. Instead of offering historical insight, they provide more relate-able experiences...it's pretty neat aha. Reminds you that your group is among the many others that are new and trying to move up in the scene at some point

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
There's very few competitive players here in South Texas (including myself). Hopefully, I'll get into the Smash scene and start winning in my local tournaments so that I can show that any smasher can come from the most unexpected/unheard places. :)
define south texas. Houston has a great scene

rolfcopter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BabySteps
My boy sickolas reppin' Mobtown down in Alabama. Way to make the documentary ending sad! Love my boy. He's just as good as my homey buzzkill parker

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
define south texas. Houston has a great scene
it's souther(?) than that. im talking about McAllen, the rio grande valley, and maybe san antonio (not sure about the last part, though)

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
it's souther(?) than that. im talking about McAllen, the rio grande valley, and maybe san antonio (not sure about the last part, though)
Get involved in one of the many Texas smash groups. They will point you in the right direction.

Kesno

Smash Cadet
NC is growing as a smash scene. I'm one of the newer people that just started up. I've been playing for a year now and I can't wait to see how much better I get this year. Oh and I can't wait to start playing and teaching new people stuff.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
The reason I enjoyed this Documentary is because it shows how 2 players slowly gain experience, and how patience will help you get better.

Kesno

Smash Cadet
One more thing before I leave this post and never look at it again. One thing I've learned about playing smash is you got to have a good mindset. Against the better players in my state I always lose. In the beginning it was like 2-0'd 3 stocked both times. This is in Brawl BTW. I never felt down about it I always knew I wasn't good, but the thing is last time I played them I know I left that tourney with one thing if anything. I only lost to the PR players and yeah I got 2-0'd but it was last stock both times. I could also see the stress on their faces about me punishing them. I left that tourney knowing that "I made sure that they remembered me". I know that I can put a frown on their faces, so I know I can do it... eventually >_>. I keep the mindset right and don't get stressed out about playing them anymore. They may be good, but I can be better. I can't wait to play them again.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
This is a documentary about losing and then trying to save face. It's also boring.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
I really enjoyed it, honestly! Was cool to see up and coming players point of view on the scene rather than just veterans

dabs

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1607-3467-6983
Not bad, interesting watch. Great length though, over a half hour of that would be considered overkill imo

Top Bottom