• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I would say a mixed bag of people host alternating tournies with mk banned or not (a la a bi-weekly or such). not just 100% banned period at this rate of who the **** cares deciding on him perma banned or not. seasonal isn't feasible since it's a 4 month span

edit: and throw in some brawl+ tournies, too bad 75% of FL doesn't seem to be interested in it

edit again: who's gonna cast the 1st stone on the banned tournament

There's no reason to ban MK in florida.

and....

Brawl+ is terrible.

Master Raven

Smash Master
holy **** when did CO18 and Seibrik get in the SBR

I was anti-ban for a while, but I'm sorta neutral again very recently regarding MK. I've actually been LOVING to play Snake very recently and am working on seriously getting good with him, and he could conveniently be my backup main if he winds up getting banned in any tournies in FL.

Of course I still love MK, and won't hesitate to use him if he's not banned.

nevershootme

Smash Master

I was anti-ban for a while, but I'm sorta neutral again very recently regarding MK. I've actually been LOVING to play Snake very recently and am working on seriously getting good with him, and he could conveniently be my backup main if he winds up getting banned in any tournies in FL.

they recently added a ton of people into the elite status, ninjalink, ally, atomsk, lain, xyro

OverLade

Smash Hero

Yeah I think I'm gonna 2nd Snake too....he's just too much fun to play.

If I host a tournament in Tampa I'll most likely ban MK, as we already have too many MKs here.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
But if MK is Banned then who is gonna stop DDD?

Marth, Luigi, Diddy n Pika are all rising chars so U'll never kno what can happen

OverLade

Smash Hero

Marth, Luigi, Diddy n Pika are all rising chars so U'll never kno what can happen
Falco/Snake/Pikachu.

It just so happens that several of our best players use Dedede, not that Dedede will dominate without MK.

If MK is banned I will gladly bring out the bird with the gun again.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Falco/Snake/Pikachu.

It just so happens that several of our best players use Dedede, not that Dedede will dominate without MK.

If MK is banned I will gladly bring out the bird with the gun again.
fauking birds and rats
ughh
<<_<< and that little man in his space suit

MnM

Smash Journeyman

Even if DDD becomes the preferred character he isn't nearly as broken as MK. Plus Falco, Snake, Pika and Diddy stand a good chance against him.

Also, we should ban MK. Maybe host a series of tourneys banning MK and see how it goes. We just need some people willing to attend and test it out. If it's successful, we can proceed with Florida banning him. It'll make tourneys alot more interesting and the game alot more competitive. Besides, it seems like everyone is for the ban.

Stripesorbars3

Smash Apprentice
nick riddle has spoken

end thread

also, justin u should make a lets play brawl vid and just pick MK and end the vid.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Lol, just banning MK is a stupid idea and won't solve anything. Then more snakes or whoever else is good will just replace them..................bans are stupid, like akuma back in the day there was no reason to consider that ban either

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Gindler, the thing is...MK has no bad Matchups. Snake, DDD, and all the other top tier characters do, so they won't be as unstoppable as a force as MK is.

OverLade

Smash Hero
snake i a top tier but hard to use. thier barely any snake players anywhere lol
If snake/Wario/Falco/Diddy were as easy to use as MK then MK shouldn't be banned....

But they arent. MK is too easy to **** with, and beat people who are better than you simply because of your character...

Master Raven

Smash Master
Learning curve is irrelevant. High level play is what matters.

Aaaand what's this about people beating other players (that are good) better than them using MK? lol I rarely ever see that happen.

I'm on the middle ground at the moment simply because of what some top players have been saying lately regarding MK and tourney results, but of course I also feel MK's not quite at that level of broken yet. We have to see what happens at Apex and Genesis. I'm actually considering dropping MK if Genesis and Apex to some extent are basically Whobo.

nevershootme

Smash Master
jeez, it seems you didn't get the point of my previous post.

-Host a tournament on one week in FL with MK banned

-Host a tournament on another week in FL with MK not banned

GET IT? Therefore there is no purpose of 100% MK banned, it's 50/50%

BUT NNOOOOOOOOOOOO you just come to the conclusion that oh no we should ban him 100%

Gindler

Smash Champion
youre a moron.

st akuma isnt supposed to be in the game.

st akuma and mk arent even in the same league.
Yep, I'm a moron for making a good point. You said MK and akuma aren't in the same league, and Akuma was broken. And since they're not in the same league MK is not broken. Therefore validating what I said, that MK is not quite broken.

Calling someone a moron for using complex logic. Cute

If snake/Wario/Falco/Diddy were as easy to use as MK then MK shouldn't be banned....

But they arent. MK is too easy to **** with, and beat people who are better than you simply because of your character...
I won't argue with the second point, I've seen better players lose to MK players.....the first point though, snake harder to use than MK is kinda funny to me and I picked up wario faster than I could MK might just be because I don't like MK though..........

Gindler, the thing is...MK has no bad Matchups. Snake, DDD, and all the other top tier characters do, so they won't be as unstoppable as a force as MK is.
Yeah, I know the matchup scenario. But he has some even(ish) matchups, kinda reminds me of Sagat in SF4. He has like 2 even(ish) matchups then the rest are all his advantage (unless some new things have happened since I last looked at that forum)

IDK, I'm just not for the ban is all. and have NO IDEA why it's mentioned in the power rankings thread.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Learning curve is irrelevant. High level play is what matters.

Aaaand what's this about people beating other players (that are good) better than them using MK? lol I rarely ever see that happen.

I'm on the middle ground at the moment simply because of what some top players have been saying lately regarding MK and tourney results, but of course I also feel MK's not quite at that level of broken yet. We have to see what happens at Apex and Genesis. I'm actually considering dropping MK if Genesis and Apex to some extent are basically Whobo.
How can you tell whos better if ones using MK and the other isn't?

What you're doing is assuming that the winner is a better player simply because they won. But (as brawl is a bad game) there are many other variables that have an effect....uncluding one of the people being Metaknight.

Because minus Metaknight this entire game pretty much comes down to skill.....

Master Raven

Smash Master
My intention in the bolded part was that I haven't heard many stories of better players losing to MKs. If anyone has a story of a crappy Meta Knight beating a legitimately good player then I'll be glad to hear it. I'm not the kind of guy who always assumes that if you win, clearly the winner was better. **** happens all the time, especially in Brawl.

OverLade

Smash Hero
My intention in the bolded part was that I haven't heard many stories of better players losing to MKs. If anyone has a story of a crappy Meta Knight beating a legitimately good player then I'll be glad to hear it. I'm not the kind of guy who always assumes that if you win, clearly the winner was better. **** happens all the time, especially in Brawl.
RoyR losing to Sandtrap at WHOBO.

Ryo losing to Rx at Gigs.....

Neo losing to Infinity.

just some examples.

Master Raven

Smash Master
At least you provided a couple examples. Most people I see who claim that crap MKs beat good players usually don't cite specifically who beat who. Infinity is quite good though.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Ike ****ing sucks vs MK, and I mean really sucks vs MK. I don't think he's that good of a character anyway. He's either low mid or upper low.

Finch

Smash Lord
An Ike player losing to Rx's hard to beat pattern is not a legitimate example of the point you're trying to make.

Any player that is better than Rx and uses a character that doesn't have a horrible matchup with mk will probably beat Rx. Although this is impossible to measure since it's brawl and the only concrete evidence we can use is winners of matches, and that's pretty shaky considering the inconsistencies that brawl inherently bring about in results. This goes for any player that people consider to be inferior to those they beat that don't use MK.

Finch

Smash Lord
Actually one legitimate example I can think of:

Rx beat CO18 at (his first?) gigs with MK vs Dedede

Next gigs CO18 ***** Rx with MK

But then again this is still a factor of matchups, since straight tornado MK vs DDD was considered to be a stupidly uneven matchup back then.

Top Bottom