• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flame thrower/Bullet seed under-used

Koopa Soldier

Smash Rookie
From the vids I've seen this is the case, from what I've experienced after playing quite some hours it is posible to KO the opponent just by burning them and then d-throw them at higher damage.

Ivysaur's bullet seed is the same case. Combo from a n-air then shoot-em away and KO with a b-throw.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I use FT a LOT specially in corners and when edguarding to rack up damage if the % is low.

Bullet seed is a little trickier because is not good when u miss it, but try to use t as much as i can...specialy when opponents jump above me to past and gett to the stage,

Robin60062

Smash Apprentice
Bullet seed is amazing if you hit ur opponent into it. Since its hit box is around Ivysaur, it'll hit the opponent up; you can hold down B forever since opponents can only escape near the top.

hazard99

Smash Cadet
.... to be honest, those were the two attacks I tried using the most with those two pokemon.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
nair to bullet seed = gg

especially if they try to come at you with a dair once they get out and then you just upsmash. lawl

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
And if you're facing an ike that just used aether (his users i've faced seem to spam it a LOT) when he comes down with the sword a well aimed bullet seed will interrupt him and rack up some nice dmg every time :p.

What i've found is that the best way to get the whole out of BS it to simply time it right and use it from the ground with that little smack he does that lifts the opponent up, it does like 50% minimum that way...regardless of size , i've done 80% on some poor kid's Donkey .

As for FT , it bouncing off of surfaces and changing direction makes me love tricking people into falling into it, not as good as DS since after like 30% people usually escape since it's losing range but it's still very useful and really easy to hit with.

batsman415

Smash Cadet
I hadnt been really using BS, but today i tried to go into it a little more. WOW. Its great for racking up damage, and it pisses the hell out of your opponent. Its just hilarious to watch them just start mashing buttons to try to get out of it.

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
Bullet Seed Flamethrower

Yea I recenty fought a Pokemon Trainer on WiFi and he had this bullet seed combo with ivsaur, like a 3 part combo that woould put me from 0-80 mostly cause of the Bullet Seed at the end.

That and his edge gaurd flamethrower with charizard at low % made me get high on % against him really fast.

And I never really tried to avoid it cause I didnt realize the damage it was doing till after 3 losses.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Yea I recenty fought a Pokemon Trainer on WiFi and he had this bullet seed combo with ivsaur, like a 3 part combo that woould put me from 0-80 mostly cause of the Bullet Seed at the end.

That and his edge gaurd flamethrower with charizard at low % made me get high on % against him really fast.

And I never really tried to avoid it cause I didnt realize the damage it was doing till after 3 losses.
Were you playing just a while ago? Cause that could have been me lol , did he start always with ivi?

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Ah , then it wasn't' me cause i was playing random now lol....he sounds a lot like me though...wish i played him...cause i just now faced this noob who didn't know how to recover , killed himself like 7 times and only used neutral b attacks...constantly...>.<.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
That's completely false, Ivy's Upsmash and Rock Smash = **** near impossible to pull off against decent players.
Unless you're a decent player yourself and trick em into falling for these attacks.

Esp rock smash is super easy to land if you time your jump correctly.

Top Bottom