• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flasy Pichu

NDRU

Smash Cadet
I was experimenting with pichu's quick attack techniques. Most know about the QuickAttackDash or whatever you call it when you quick attack with no lag at the end.

Well I was wondering, how do you put that into you're game play?

And also a new technique i haven't seen on here but i came about while messin with pichu..QuickAttack onto the platform with no lag. (two at the end of the video)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=upVFlKl12m0

Could this be used in actual game play or is it just a way to be flashy.

and what is the real name for the quick attacks i do in begining.

btw. flashy pichu ftw.

Galeon

Smash Ace
Well, you can wavedash onto the stage without getting percentage and gaining a few invincibility frames. On some stages though, it seems like a nice way to get a grab but I dunno if it'd be anything to count on.

I could see it being helpful on platform stages probably if you knock them down on one and use ^B to get up there, but at the same time you can just stand under the platform and there's nothing they can really do not to get hit. Worst thing about it is, if you mess up and get too low, you get lag and catch a smash. You go too high, you still get smashed. If you do it perfectly, you have a possibility to do something which may still fail.

And Pichu was hatched flashy. I mean, he has two taunts.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tru dat Galeon.

First of all, it's not Quick attack. It's Agility :p Stupid evo has Quick attack.

I'd say this is extremely situational. If the opponent knows about it and has a good reaction time, he'll screw you over everytime you even try.

Oh, and it's called Landfallspecial lag (according to AR).

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Tommy's been doing that in his vids for a while, and most of us have been playing around with it since before that. Nice find on your own though.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Thanks for the compliments.
And I always say it's great to win with Pichu, but amazing to win with a Flashy Pichu!

Top Bottom