• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Did it ever occur to you guys that "real life" is what you define it to be? So my "real life" friends include you all, and my "real life" hobby which i occassionally win "real money" from is SSBM.

*considers the panhandle cookout*

Um ya DF is the man, easy as that.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
Let me know if any of ya come to the Tampa area! I would love to smash with higher level peeps! I may lose but I will get experience. So you're all welcome in Tampa. I'm in the Brandon disrtict/town area. Since DF is in CFL maybe I can get myself an butt whipping from him lol. But then again I think Manko is closer. USF is only like 25 mins away from where I live.

XxXSeXySmAsHeRXxX

Smash Cadet
awwww it suks so bad that the cookout was cancelled. i really wanted to stuff my face....:confused: o0o0 well real life schmeal life.. tehe!:chuckle:

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
yea FL is growing big time...... just in the last week i have had calls from atleast 8 new smashers wanting to smash with the manhandlers and just yetsterday we played 3 of them.... they were ok but neither me fumin rook or rice lost a match :) but yea the scene in FL is growning.

RAM

Smash Lord
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. But whatever :chuckle:

Btw, Shores of Smash needs to be changed to 1/20/07. It says it is on the 13th still.
No Sarcasm Friend, I only knew about 3 ppl talking to Drummer about Smashing, not 8. I hope that was'nt a one time thing, but hopefully more smashers pop up in the area.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
yea FL is growing big time...... just in the last week i have had calls from atleast 8 new smashers wanting to smash with the manhandlers and just yetsterday we played 3 of them.... they were ok but neither me fumin rook or rice lost a match :) but yea the scene in FL is growning.
no i said i had talked to 8 different ones and not only by calls also by aim.... wierd how none of them use the boards to talk to me but they all say they get my info off the boards lol....... but anyway we played 3 of them 2 days ago now and they were ok. they are just lurkers on the boards they dont post is what the justin guy said. which he goes to school in alabama somewhere and the other 2 live in pace which is an hour and a half from here. I want to come to SFL and play some tournaments soo bad. I am highly considering coming to exarch's tourney if I can find a ride there (ram or rook) I think every one of us from our crew would place atleast half way up in the tournament. then again i dont really know i have only played a few people from central and south FL and when i did i was really bad and at worst i only got 2 stocked or got to last stock :( and now i think im atleast alittle better and good enough to challenge some people and give them a run for their money atleast.

@ ram - dude i told u to come by it was me rice rook and fumin and the other 3 guys cramped in my room with my 2 big a$$ tv's but u had that stuff to do. but ram try to make it this saturday as early as u can i want to smash as much as possible and i have to leave tbs at like 3... :/ lame but i gotta do what i gotta do as u would say.

X.X

Smash Cadet
Bumping because you remmebered the little guys =o

Edit: Also you can take marth off of my characters I play with he was never a serious toon for me.

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
MOTAR!!!!!!!!!!!! omg where have you been?????? you need to startcoming to gigabytes more often!!! last time i played u was at ortonicon, u need to bring halo too:)

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
The Twilight Showdown Tournament

January 27th at 2pm at Area 51. Address is 711 West Lumsden Avenue Brandon, Fl 33511. Singles and doubles. $10 per person for singles; $20 per team for doubles. Friendly fire will be on. No items. Matches will take place on the following stages: Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams(singles only), and Battlefield All stages will be chosen at random. 2/3; 3/5 finals. Double elimination. Prize money will be divided among 1st., 2nd., 3rd., 70/20/10 respectively.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
For the Smasher Locator:

School Year:
CFL/Mid- Orlando(UCF); purekorea; Captain Falcon, Marth, random.

Summers:
CFL/Mid- Orlando; purekorea; Captain Falcon, Marth, random.

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
Joe, I want to have your children. Get back to me on that. It was great to see you again man, and to meet your friend. (sorry I suck with names) both of you have got real game, and I look forward to playing you again. Hopefully not too far away. And, as you know the c. falcon is dead.

Rise of the space animals begins.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Yeah... another change for me...

Mid(N) - Winterpark; [*url=http://smashboards.com/member.php?u=153750]<3[*/url]; Samus, C. Samus, Link, Pichu

My falcon is sloppy and slow, and I'm in winterpark now more than ever.

Also nice updates on the FL thread guys. Looks nice, definitly the best state thread on the boards guys. Put a lot of effort into it, it shows.

X.X

Smash Cadet
Lol DF yo whats up! Halo and I have been around, not so much smash as of late. We have picked up a bit again though and we're considering buying some new controllers and heading out to the Gigabits tournies and try to show something at MLG Orlando this year >_>. How have you been man? Still a marth player eh? =P

EDIT: Gigabits has angered me no Fountain on 2v2 WHAT?!?

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
yep, still a marth player lol. dude, that would be sooooo bada$$ if u guys were to make it out to gigabytes. oh, and all of cfl is gonna be reppin at mlg, and with u guys, itll just be even better:)

X.X

Smash Cadet
Lol hit me up on AIM guys at Sken Szeg. I'll let Halo know about the GB tourny comming up in Feb and we should make it. Hopefully between GF aggro and the work I'm hoping to have will allow me to go though >_>. I won't be playing anything like I did the last time you saw me though =[

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
Fountain has lag on 2v2 so that's probaly why...but on the Wii, there's no lag. Now I play smash both on Wii and Gamecube and love it but some people says that it has a different "feel". Would be nice to tourny smash on the Wii for once...yo DF think you could come to the Tampa tourny at Jan. 27th (Twilight Showdown)? I would love to have a Marth ditto so I could learn from a veteran.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
actually, I found that there's less lag in general, but FoD can still lag on teams sometimes. It's probably best to still leave it off.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
you can take jiggly off my characters list if you want :)

its just falcon gw and a little bit of ganon now ;_;

Culinary

Smash Apprentice
For the Smash Locator:

South East Florida

North - West Palm Beach; Culinary; Falcon, Fox

Forsworn

Smash Cadet
Just curious, but is there a Florida Power Rankings in the works? It would be interesting to see how upcoming smashers like myself fair against the best in the state if and when we ever play them.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
No there isn't a Florida Power Rankings really in the works as far as i know. However there is a relatively general consensus over who the best several in each region are.
the top 4 in SEFL are Lambchops, Green_Mario, XIF, and Noucles
in SWFL, there's Dashizwiz and KeepSpeedN, but most everyone over there is really good or somethin
MEFL has DarkFalchion and the rest of my crew.
MWFL has the people in my crew who live in Gainesville sometimes.
NFL just sucks lol <3 NFL

Top Bottom