• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
*wishes I still lived in Tampa*
May I ask why? From the times I've checked this year, I've NEVER seen any tournaments happen in Tampa, is there something I'm missing?

Introduction thingy, I'm supposed to do one, right? >>;
MWFL Tampa, I play Melee.

PhragX

Smash Rookie
Next tourney is on the 10th, considering ur here in Tally, U should come out!
I really should. The only ppl I've played have been online with lag (and mostly found on wiichat: usually newbies) or people in my own living room who have never played before. I'd like to see how the game is supposed to be played, though I'm not sure I'll play so well lol

B_AWAL said:
Although, I WILL prove that I'm the best Sonic :psycho: lol
Meh, Sonic's just a recent hobby of mine... he was never my best, so I have nothing to prove. ;)

B_AWAL said:
But Col Bol is right, the BIGGEST tourney is in Orlando, named GIGABITS. Right now Panhandle is the biggest in NFL I believe.
I'll start small here in Tally and if I do decently enough I might make the trip. I hope I can at least meet up with some decent local players to train me at tournament-level. I'm sure it's more exciting than lvl 9 CPU :laugh:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I really should. The only ppl I've played have been online with lag (and mostly found on wiichat: usually newbies) or people in my own living room who have never played before. I'd like to see how the game is supposed to be played, though I'm not sure I'll play so well lol

Meh, Sonic's just a recent hobby of mine... he was never my best, so I have nothing to prove. ;)

I'll start small here in Tally and if I do decently enough I might make the trip. I hope I can at least meet up with some decent local players to train me at tournament-level. I'm sure it's more exciting than lvl 9 CPU :laugh:
O U'll def find LOTS of competition out here!

Send me a PM with ur contact info and Ill make sure to alert U whenever we Brawl! In fact, I know we gonna b brawlin come Sunday. Aside from that, check out the thread I sent U!:chuckle:

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
May I ask why? From the times I've checked this year, I've NEVER seen any tournaments happen in Tampa, is there something I'm missing?
At the time of post, Rohins was coming back to town for the winter break. And Rohins is the ****.

but yeah, Tampa kinda sucks otherwise and I wasn't sad to leave it.

DRD

Smash Lord
MEFL - Winter Haven; DRD (main is Doc)

Tourny virgin here =(

If anyone's in the area, my AIM is in my profile. Also, I may be able to give rides. Depends on when it is.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
With the unpopularity of the statement I made that I've quit smash. I'm reconsidering.

I'll definitely be going to Lamugi's Biweeklies,... but I'm not too sure about entering any tournaments because I don't feel like spending the money.

I'll see you guys around.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Never too late to post right? I quit wifi for good, so I should be active now. ^^

Melbourne (South East)- Marth - 6786 1153 4949 1376 - zelda_master_timmy - 0173-0963-6178

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
So Monk and I went on the hunt for a Lan Center that was supposedly interested in tournaments only to find out the place was closed and had been replaced and moved to another location in the guise of packaging place.

So, yeah, Clearwater sucks and the only Lan Center is full of hypocritical *******s that aren't worth dealing with.

OverLade

Smash Hero
So Monk and I went on the hunt for a Lan Center that was supposedly interested in tournaments only to find out the place was closed and had been replaced and moved to another location in the guise of packaging place.

So, yeah, Clearwater sucks and the only Lan Center is full of hypocritical *******s that aren't worth dealing with.
*searches Tampa for LAN center*

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Good luck man, this place is desolate and brutal to Lan centers. They can't seem to keep enough customers to keep them running long enough to have a large scale tournament.

OverLade

Smash Hero
wow,... I couldn't find a **** thing on google...

I also tried to look for the site,... but... I came up fruitless.
>_> Thats rather unfortunate. Mabye you should google earth the address and see if it hasnt been hit by a nuke yet. I'll see if I can dig anything up.

But I have a very useable venue in my neighborhood, it just requires that we bring TV's/wiis.

edit: The address is a church that was used to host a tournament.

If anyone wants to host a tourney in my Neighborhood I can help organize it though. Its pretty spacious and we could pay for it with the door fee.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
edit: The address is a church that was used to host a tournament.

If anyone wants to host a tourney in my Neighborhood I can help organize it though. Its pretty spacious and we could pay for it with the door fee.
No wonder why there wasn't a site...

Eh,... we're fine for now I guess. I mean we've been Lanless for a good while now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My first was at Inetz, haha. Only been to three tournies, but I'll hope to attend MANY more. : D

Top Bottom