• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

HavikLink

Smash Rookie
NNID
Haviklink
Yo i'm gonna be in pensacola this weekend. Does anyone have anything planned???

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Yeah Ian asked me about melee, I'm up for about anything to get some offline play though.
HOLY F@CKING SH@T!!! It's DARK ILLUSION HOKAGE!!!!!

Dude I haven't seen heard or played U since that RED Smash Boards website!!! HOLY ISH!!!! WE GOTTA GET SOME MATCES IN!!! U STILL PLAY SONIC???

shapular

Smash Ace
Hey guys, me and a friend are coming down from Tennessee and are going to be in Orlando on Friday. Anybody up for some Brawl+ on that day? You'd either need to come pick us up from the Regal Sun Resort Hotel, come play with us there if it's after 3 PM (possibly earlier but our rooms may not be ready yet), or find us some cheap public transportation to your place. Let me know if you're down.

Winnar

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256961

ATTENTION FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, AND ANYONE ELSE WHOM THIS MIGHT APPLY TO

I will be able to host ANYONE who wants to come to this. I live in Starkville, MS, about three and a half hours from the venue.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING HOUSED BY ME

• *VERY IMPORTANT* Tell me ASAP, I MUST know you're coming. The apartment complex has a gate and in order to get in you need my number so that I can let you in. Also if no one tells me they're going to my apartment then I won't be there. This is out of the way for me, and I'm only doing this to help you guys.
  • Bring a SLEEPING BAG - I have a lot of floor room but only one full bed and a couch
  • Bring a TOWEL/SHAMPOO/whatever you might need to take a shower, IF you wish to take one. Don't worry, I won't kick you out for not showering, but I know some of you will want to shower, so be prepared since I only have one towel. Also I only have one shower/bathroom, so be warned about that. It is clean, though.
  • I won't have ANY food in my apartment, but it's a college town and there are a lot of great, cheap restaurants I can recommend to you as well as some chains that stay open late.
  • I doubt this will be a problem, but at some point on the 19th I will be leaving (probably after lunch). When I decide I'm driving home, everyone who's still there has to go, too.
Dunno if this is the thread for this, if not then someone either please point me in the right direction or people spread the word.

I also don't know if FL has any plans to go to this, but if any of you do...here you go.

Oh and I have a lot of tissues here so don't worry about that.

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Dude what do I have to do to be added here? I am in Daytona na dI tried pleading with Florida meister to get me on that list. Is there some kind of requirement?

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
that list or w/e is unimportant lol

just travel bro

i don't think anyone legitimately uses this thread to contact people

B_AWAL

Smash Master
LOl, I mean that list is definitely usable it's just that the main way to get in touch w/ people is by checkin out teh pr rankings thread and various area threads. Search dayona and surrounding areas to see what you find. GOod luck

PortCity

Smash Ace
I don't know where to post this, but I'll be visiting Florida during the Christmas break and would love to get involved with the Brawl scene there. I'll be staying in Fort Lauderdale for 3 weeks and would love to get some practice and train with some of "America's Finest". I'm a Diddy player who playes Wario, GW, Kirby, and MK for fun. I specialize in teams, but I'm decent in singles. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Loto

Smash Ace
I don't know where to post this, but I'll be visiting Florida during the Christmas break and would love to get involved with the Brawl scene there. I'll be staying in Fort Lauderdale for 3 weeks and would love to get some practice and train with some of "America's Finest". I'm a Diddy player who playes Wario, GW, Kirby, and MK for fun. I specialize in teams, but I'm decent in singles. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Make a topic in the social.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
keep updating the melee and brawl timeline. Its fun to look back on what happened throughout the year.
It stopped around Oct 2009
That's cause I haven't really been on the boards much since then. While I haven't yet retired from smash, I've lost interest in keeping up to date with smashboards.

It's good to hear that people enjoy reading the history, but I doubt I'll work on it any further. Now that I'm back to living in Pensacola, I'm practically not a part of FL anymore anyway since it's so far removed. Any documentation of tourney activities would be better done by people actually attending them.

Sorry the thread died. As always, we're willing to let more people have access to the account if they want to help out. Unfortunately nobody's ever cared all that much, and now I'm at that point as well.

Toneh

Smash Lord
That's cause I haven't really been on the boards much since then. While I haven't yet retired from smash, I've lost interest in keeping up to date with smashboards.

It's good to hear that people enjoy reading the history, but I doubt I'll work on it any further. Now that I'm back to living in Pensacola, I'm practically not a part of FL anymore anyway since it's so far removed. Any documentation of tourney activities would be better done by people actually attending them.

Sorry the thread died. As always, we're willing to let more people have access to the account if they want to help out. Unfortunately nobody's ever cared all that much, and now I'm at that point as well.
tru, see if anyones willing to do it =)

Top Bottom