• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida's Brawl Tier List

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Since this game has come out, every region has differnt characters winning tournies.

The West has Wairo(lol), The East has Snake, TX has Game and Watch and ICs(who are now banned in TX) and Florida has Snake and somewhat MK.

I will update this weekly(probably on Mondays).

01 Snake
02 MK
03 Game and Watch
04 Lucas
05 Kirby
06 DK
07 Pit
08 Marth
09 Falco
10 DDD

I really only wanted a top 5, but that would be eh.

If you got a problem with it, complain in this thread please.

I've looked through all the results and this is as accurate as it gets.

I used tourney's after the one IceKid won.

Equi

Smash Ace
Wow, I can't believe they banned a character.

Guess some players got REALLY good at the infinite chaingrab.

Equi

Smash Ace
in texas it's cuz of hylian
Ah true. He's the one that came out with all of the IC infinites or introduced a partial amount, correct?

That's a stupid reason IMO. I tried the same thing with the ICs and either I suck at grabbing with them, or I was playing extremely smart players (more likely) that just know NOT to get grabbed. Iunno. Of course no one minds DDD with the four chars he can infinite and all the percent from chaingrabbing from one end of the stage to the next.

But at any rate, that's a pretty accurate list. Snake/MK have dominated so far. In fact, the only other three characters I can think of at the top of my head that have won tourneys is DDD/Olimar/Lucas (Icekid olimar early brawl, afro DDD at seibrik's second smashbash, galleon lucas first smashbash and others ) I know there have been others but yeah.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
eventually tier list will be snake. period.

if you are considering the 1 tournament in the west from the Wario .. which I think we can all understand must have had some really fun brackets or some **** to have that happen.

either way.. so long as the stages are neutrals and no real advantages to anyone. snake has no bad matchups and is clearly the best character in the game.

Equi

Smash Ace

if you are considering the 1 tournament in the west from the Wario .. which I think we can all understand must have had some really fun brackets or some **** to have that happen.

either way.. so long as the stages are neutrals and no real advantages to anyone. snake has no bad matchups and is clearly the best character in the game.
Not quite, Wario I believe last I checked is third on the character list (or fourth) for winning most tournaments. Feel free to correct me someone, I know he's top 5 though.

Wario has loads of potential after I watched Galleon play him against Chops at gigz. Chops adapted, but Galleon's grab game and ability to punish Snake coming back (again, Snake's flaw, getting punished as he comes back, his ONLY flaw that one must exploit) Florida simply hasn't caught onto Wario yet, but we will eventually.

Snake I believe is even with D3 and a blaster spamming Wolf has good odds against him if played properly. Other characters might stand a chance too but it requires a character with at LEAST some range on a move to crack Snake's inside game. Snake's beatable but it's going to take time.

However you are correct that Snake has no bad matchups. His worst matchups are like two or so characters that go even with him.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
snake is fox.. going to win most tournaments over time. the clear winning character.

then a few characters who go even just better players perhaps. since there's no counter staging it severely limits things.

Equi

Smash Ace
Snake reminds me more of an early dominating Melee Sheik.

MK reminds me of the Fox that's top, but not the best until maybe way later on.

Finch

Smash Lord
^ I disagree mainly because snake is a clear counter to MK, MK is very easy to play like shiek, and snake will probably never have a counter, unlike shiek who is countered by ICs. We've probably already explored most of MK's potential, while there are a lot of good characters in brawl with amazing potential that no one plays, like wario or falco.

I don't know if snake is fox (he could be marth), but MK is definitely shiek.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
agreed 100% MK = sheik.

snake = fox

falco is still faco XD top 5 char but not winning anything lolz

F wario.. wario sucks sorry.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Um...Snake has no counter? lol nice... I disagree...let's just leave it at that.

Snake is a complicated character, but will ultimately be limited.He'll always be good, but not the best. His tilts are good, yes...but those stupid enough to repeatedly be hit by them shouldn't be playing this game. oh well... Right now, he's won tourneys in FL, so ok...keep him up there...that's fair...but people are speaking like he's god. he's not.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Yeah I wasn't sure where to put DDD, due to me and HBox being the only people who play him and Siebrik only uses him once or twice in tourney and Afro won't even use him anymore.

Plus, you have to look at top 10.

That's how this list is bein made.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
hmm wario doesnt suck and there are a few fl players who main him....and more are beginning to play him as well (galeon, colbol).... i think hes high tier but is weak against snakes and meta's which is why its hard to place with him in FL tournies

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Brawl Falco is really good.

The way the actual tier list will be is like this(I think):

Snake
MK

Falco
Pika
Game and Watch
T Link
DDD
Rob
Kirby

Something like that.

DDD will probably be top 3 or 4 maybe.

Finch

Smash Lord
Brawl falco is indeed really good, but everyone wants to put like 20 characters in the top 5 and I don't think falco will make the cut. He'll probably be like 6 or 7.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
No, chaingrabbing EVERY character 0 to 50%(and then dair o stage to death on some) is top 5 material.

Not to mention he does good vs Snake and that's how the tier list will be made:

The top 2(Snake and MK) and the other 30 characters in order of who does best vs Snake and MK.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace

Um, the best in California is a Wario user. He has been winning almost all the tourneys as of late and even took first place in the first Major in West Coast. Search up Futile and you'll see how good of a player he is.

And your comment about Snake... Snake is a very good character and being the MK main that you are, I could see why you would say that about him (Snakes **** MK's lol). But he has his weaknesses and disadvantages. There are better characters.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
TX has Game and Watch and ICs(who are now banned in TX)
I came in here to check out what Florida thought of the tier lists, but I thought I'd clear a few things up.

First off, Ice Climbers are not banned. They are restricted to using only 3 grabs in a row at Xyro77's tournaments. However, since the restriction many other people have started hosting their own tourneys, so they are not banned at every tournament in TX.

Second, Ice Climbers aren't considered Houston's top character(s), and neither is Game and Watch. They're definitely up there, but I believe the general consensus still holds that Snake and MK are the 2 in top tier. Hylian only won the most recent tournament (HOBO 4) with G&W/IC. HOBO 3 was won by Sethlon with Falco, and HOBOs 1 and 2 were won by T-Rex with Snake.

Anyways, I think you guys have a good interpretation of the tier list going. I won't give any suggestions because I don't know anything about Florida's tournament scene. Have a good day. :)

Zoro

Smash Champion
wtf wait a second?

does that mean xif hates brawl or did i read that wrong?
wernt you like in love with brawl a few months ago?

anyway

Ganon is going to be top 5 in 1 year or less

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL @ XIF being the one to tell us to give brawl a chance, and now he loaths it!!!

:colorful:
yeah, and hes going to cancel brawl tourneys at N2 games for melee lol

I'm still giving this game a chance. Kirby is too good T_T

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Perhaps extend to 15? Olimar? :p

Honestly, I'd rather have DDD at 6 or 7... as long as hungrybox is playing him. He got second at Manko's.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
snake is clearly the best character anyone who thinks otherwise if overly optimistic or stupid.

playing MK or not, has nothing to do with my opinion on the matter. I play ROB more than MK anyway and olimar.

Finch - showing me a video of shiz means nothing. no disrespect to shiz, who is the best FL melee player hands down. But falco never won any major tournament outside of FL which was considered bottom of melee community. even shiz himself couldn't win a tournament of top fox's marths etc. falco got top 5.. thats what he did.

wario sucks. sorry.

nothing will develop or change in the meta. game has no depth or technical merit. gotta take it for what it is. snake won't leave that top spot.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Then dont post about it and leave the forums.
Sorry to sound mean but you contiously posting saying that you think the game will go no where gets old. Thats fine, we ALL know you hate the game. Just Stop.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
aww hurt your feelings? my bad matt. simply being a realist. and I don't say negative things I simply state one side of an argument this is a topic about tier lists. I am putting my 2 cents in just like anyone else.
I am all for something coming along and making it better but how it stands it doesn't look that way.

Since when did you have to agree with the majority to participate in an open forum. I am not saying. THIS GAME SUCKS IT TAKES NO SKILL RAWR RAWR. I just think good players playing snake are the best.

I can elaborate on my wario statement if necessary. His lack of range, no projectiles, weak kill moves outside of f.smash and u.air, his neutral B can't stop most pressure games. He just doesn't have many answers to any of the CLEAR higher tier characters.

I agree that pikachu , DDD, and GW are some of the better higher tier characters but they just cant hang with the top.

See, see how I can contribute to a discussion while also stating my opinions?

jeez wtf got under your skin?

AfroQT

Smash Master
aww hurt your feelings? my bad matt. simply being a realist. and I don't say negative things I simply state one side of an argument this is a topic about tier lists. I am putting my 2 cents in just like anyone else.
I am all for something coming along and making it better but how it stands it doesn't look that way.

Since when did you have to agree with the majority to participate in an open forum. I am not saying. THIS GAME SUCKS IT TAKES NO SKILL RAWR RAWR. I just think good players playing snake are the best.

I can elaborate on my wario statement if necessary. His lack of range, no projectiles, weak kill moves outside of f.smash and u.air, his neutral B can't stop most pressure games. He just doesn't have many answers to any of the CLEAR higher tier characters.

I agree that pikachu , DDD, and GW are some of the better higher tier characters but they just cant hang with the top.

See, see how I can contribute to a discussion while also stating my opinions?

jeez wtf got under your skin?
Nah it just seems like you've been throwin alot of brawl hate around. I mean anyone can theorycraft (OR THEORYSMASH!) why Wario is bad. But until you've played a good one its hard to explain i guess. All i can say is that warios are winning in other parts of tha You Es, Futile is now above DSF i guess (atleast by cali power rankings), and DSF has a amazing snake.

Top Bottom