• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For all Fire Emblem fans!

PawN

Smash Rookie
This is not a thread about who will or will not be in the next game. This thread is about picking which fire emblem character you would put in brawl, why you chose that character and any ideas (move sets, costumes, brawl attacks etc) that you might want to add.

For me; Legault, from FE 7

he would run like sheik, have the speed of Captain Falcon

his brawl attack would resemble an instant kill

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
The general trio from FE6

I like almost all the characters in FE7

Marisa from FE8

Volke from PoR, maybe a laguz...

There are a lot of cool people, they should make a super smash style fighter with FE characters XD...

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Well, it seems that all my favourite FE characters are swordsmasters...

Lloyd is the coolest character in FE history, Karla is the second coolest, and Rutger is pretty awesome too.

The only thing is though, they won't just randomly stick in a Fire Emblem character that isn't a Lord. They're just... not important enough? It would be really cool if they did, but I wouldn't count on it <_<

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Who would I put in SSBB? Lemme see...

For starters, I want to KEEP Roy. (STFU Roy-haters...)
Also, I'd like to see Zephiel (like the coolest FE villain to date...), Nephenee (dun know why, but I like her... ALOT...), and Sigurd (about the most badass FE lord ever...).

Honorable mention goes to go Oguma, Navarre, and Sheeda of FE1/3, Ira and Alvis of FE4, Rutgar and Dieck of FE6, Jaffar of FE7, Eirika and Ephraim of FE8, and Mia, Boyd, and Rolf of FE9.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Miciah: She has a better chance than Soren and we need mage fighters.(More girls)
Marth: Single most important character in FE.
Ike: Best lord released worldwide. I even have B moves:
-Neutral B: Sword Swipe- the energy of the attack travels through the air like a projectile.
-up B: Aether- Similar to tempest from Tales of Symphonia.
-side B: Stab- If his stab connects, he will fly into the air doing an upward slash. Lags if it misses.
-Down B: Counter-If hitwhen doing this, a green aura will surround him, damaging everyone in it. This move is less obvious then Marth's counter(if it returns) but just as laggy.
Lyn: Unique sword style and more girls are definately needed.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
There will only be lords. Personally I'[d limit it to 4.

Marth should stay, for classics sake.
Ike or a lord from the new one should be in for promo purposes.
Hector, for being the best lord in his game, and an axe wielder.
Ephraim for being a spear wielder. This would give a nice balance, especially if they catered the playstyles to fit the weapons triangle.

Something like Sword users outrange and outspeed axe users.
Spear Wielders Outrange Sword users, hard to do.
Axe wielders Are too powerful and too fast for Spear Wielders slowerish attacks.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Who I would like to see:

1) Ephraim [FE:SS (GBA)] - A lance wielder would offer some interesting new gameplay mechanics, I also made a moveset for him. Check it out if you like: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2231648&postcount=426

2) Sothe [FE:poR (GC) and (Wii)] - Imagine a thief in Brawl. He would have to be fast as crap and could probably combo well (a good replacement for Shiek... IF she has to go... which I hope she doesn't...).

3) Marth [FE (NES) and FE3 (NES)] - He deserves a comeback. He was the reason FE was released to North America. Roy too, and I love him to death, but I'd rather keep Marth.

4) Either Hector or Lyn, I don't know what games they're from, or anything about them for that matter. But Hector is an axe wielder which would be nifty and I hear Lyn has some crazy type of sword techniques that I would really like to see, plus having a female FE character would be a cool thing to have.

5) Either The Black Knight [FE:poR (GC) and FE (Wii)], or Prince Lyon [FE:SS (GBA)] - Brawl needs a FE villain and The Black Knight would be a good heavy character and Prince Lyon had a good back story, a good guy with evil embedded inside him. Also, a Necromancer would be interesting to play as.

6) Ike [FE:poR (GC) and FE (Wii)] - Eh, why not? He could be a powerful sword wielder and take Roy's place.

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
Who would I put in SSBB? Lemme see...

For starters, I want to KEEP Roy. (STFU Roy-haters...)
Also, I'd like to see Zephiel (like the coolest FE villain to date...), Nephenee (dun know why, but I like her... ALOT...), and Sigurd (about the most badass FE lord ever...).

Honorable mention goes to go Oguma, Navarre, and Sheeda of FE1/3, Ira and Alvis of FE4, Rutgar and Dieck of FE6, Jaffar of FE7, Eirika and Ephraim of FE8, and Mia, Boyd, and Rolf of FE9.
words of a true geinius... SCREW ALL OF YOU THAT DONT LIKE ROY!!! ROY IS GENETICALLY PERFACT!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Who I would like to see:

1) Ephraim [FE:SS (GBA)] - A lance wielder would offer some interesting new gameplay mechanics, I also made a moveset for him. Check it out if you like: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2231648&postcount=426

2) Sothe [FE:poR (GC) and (Wii)] - Imagine a thief in Brawl. He would have to be fast as crap and could probably combo well (a good replacement for Shiek... IF she has to go... which I hope she doesn't...).

3) Marth [FE (NES) and FE3 (NES)] - He deserves a comeback. He was the reason FE was released to North America. Roy too, and I love him to death, but I'd rather keep Marth.

4) Either Hector or Lyn, I don't know what games they're from, or anything about them for that matter. But Hector is an axe wielder which would be nifty and I hear Lyn has some crazy type of sword techniques that I would really like to see, plus having a female FE character would be a cool thing to have.

5) Either The Black Knight [FE:poR (GC) and FE (Wii)], or Prince Lyon [FE:SS (GBA)] - Brawl needs a FE villain and The Black Knight would be a good heavy character and Prince Lyon had a good back story, a good guy with evil embedded inside him. Also, a Necromancer would be interesting to play as.

6) Ike [FE:poR (GC) and FE (Wii)] - Eh, why not? He could be a powerful sword wielder and take Roy's place.
Finally someone else that understands the awesomeness of Sothe.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Marth: This guy's a no-brainer. First FE lord.

Sigurd: Sakurai's been deadset on getting this Lord in since SSB64. Since he's commanding the S.S. Brawl, he'll have the chance.

Lyndis: This gal's part of the first FE game to be released internationally. She's got a sweet sword style.

Ike: Undoubtedly the most popular FE lord.

Micaiah: Well, it'd be nice to see a light magic user. I'm a "maybe" on this kid.

PawN

Smash Rookie
:) oh yeah! I forgot about Sothe! He is hands down my favorite PoR character

For move sets in general what do you think about a Down B like sheik's and Zelda's that switches between weapons

ie: Hector switches between ax and swords (assuming he is added as a great lord)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ok this question goes up to all Fire Emblem/Legend of Zelda fans:

I was thinking in a daydream how cool it would be to have Link as a character in a Fire Emblem game, maybe as a secret character or something. THEN I got to thinking about how REDICULOUS it would be to have a Legend of Zelda game in Fire Emblem TBS fashion! This question has nothing to do with the topic really, other than the relation to Fire Emblem. But I would like to know which you would rather have?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Too many swordsmen! How about adding Erk from FE 7? Or Soren from PoR? I'd suggest someone else but I dunno who the most popular mages is FE history are.

Sothe
A short, light but speedy Sage from Fire Emblem 9. Physically, his attacks are not much but His playstyle is closely reminiscent of Young Link's, which is spacing your enemy and letting your spells do the talking.

Traction: 7/10
Jump height: 7/10
DJ height: 6/10
Weight: 2/10
Speed: 8/10
*can wallkick*

I can't think of a moveset. You guys do it.

I

i8waffles612

I dont care if they add more FE characters but I just want them to keep Marth AND Roy

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Too many swordsmen! How about adding Erk from FE 7? Or Soren from PoR? I'd suggest someone else but I dunno who the most popular mages is FE history are.

Sothe
A short, light but speedy Sage from Fire Emblem 9. Physically, his attacks are not much but His playstyle is closely reminiscent of Young Link's, which is spacing your enemy and letting your spells do the talking.

Traction: 7/10
Jump height: 7/10
DJ height: 6/10
Weight: 2/10
Speed: 8/10
*can wallkick*

I can't think of a moveset. You guys do it.
You confused Sothe with Soren. Confused me for a moment there. Sothe is the thief, Soren is the mage.

PawN

Smash Rookie
Sothe has as many votes as the lords do!!

my fav picks:

Anyone-- Legault, Dart, Raven, Sothe

Lord-- Hector

Villian-- Zepheil

Laguz-- Gifca

RedXIII304

Smash Rookie
Lady Lyndis

Lyn would be as quick as sheik with her jumps (including wall jump) and on the ground.
For her move set, it could look something like this:

FORMAT:
Comand - Description (notes)(damage)

(Ground) [NOTE: she puts her sword away after each attack/combo]
Neutral A - a quick slice with her sword (4% damage)
Forward A - Dash and Slash (6%)
Down A - Bow quick-shot strait ahead (charges faster than Links/Y. Link) (5%-8%)
Back A - a Back-Dash then a stab (as if you rolled behind them then attacked) (7%)
Up A- wide slice at the air (like Link) (9%)
Combo (A or Forward A, A, A . . .) - Blade lord slices, 3 in quick succession (4% or 6%, 2%, 9%)

(Air)
Nair - Twirl slice (the sword hits then the pony tail)(14% then 3%)
Fair - Air slash (13%)
Dair - Fast move (wavedash speed) downthen a smaller ranged twirl slice (15%)
Uair - Upward swipe (12%)

(Special moves)
B - Critical hit bow attack (twirls arrow in air then pulls back like links bow)(2%, 7%-16%)
Forward B - Dance of the plains (3 copies of lyn proceed like Marth's Dance) (up to 7 hits 3%-20% each, first one does 6%)
Down B - Pull out Sol Katti, increase damage x1.5 for 5 seconds, does 10% damage to self
Up B - blur out then move a set distance (Pichu's up B with a different animation)

Whew. . .
KEEP MARTH AND ROY!!!!!!
also Legault, Ephraim, and a few others would be nice.

RedXIII304

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the double post but I forgot about the back-flip retreat after the ground combo

JPW

Smash Ace
does anyone here actually hate Roy?
I don't really hate Roy that much, I just see him as a logical cut because he is the same as Marth. And Unlike Marth, Roy was only there to promote his game whereas Marth was there because he was nostalgic and legendary and quite possibly they were hoping to introduce FE to the Western and PAL regions.

As for my FE picks, I see it as mostly lords I would like to see all the lords from the 3 games released worldwide. and the 1 coming, but that could result in a lot of FE characters. But then again besides the Mushroom Kingdom they could have the next highest roster.

I would much rather a FE MMORPG though. Maybe they should try this for FE11. We pick our own teams, lords and everything. Or have some multiplayer atmosphere I think it be quite cool if we got to play against eachother.

But anyway due to the FE is becoming popular I would olny pick 4 for my picks.

Marth: The first lord, and a favourite from Smash Bros. For me anyway, don't know if you guys like him but he does seem popular and we need a good sword guy.

Ike: Quite a good lord in POR. Once you kick up his skills he's gets quite deadly, and I like his blows and some of his moves i've seen in the battle sequences. THey could easily work out a moveset. Plus he is possibly the most recognisable lord in the series today worldwide.

Hector: Be nice to have an Axe weilder, you saw all the characters, having swords, fireballs, hammers, guns, explosives, it looks like they have every weapon you can think of except for one.... AXES!...... and maybe spears.

Sigurd: Seems to be popular choice and I believe he was originally in Melee. But Roy took his spot at the last second because FE6 was coming out.

I would like to see Rolf, Zihark and Nephenee included but they aren't lords.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
For who I'd choose, throwing logic entirely out the window and any restrictions regarding importance, I'd have to have 5 slots.

1. I've always had a thing for female swordmasters, namely Lyndis, Karla, Marisa and Mia, though what I've seen and heard of her, Arya seems pretty awesome as well. I'd have to go with Lyn on this one, though any would be a fine choice. And while she's not a swordmaster, Eirika also deserves a mention.

2. The Hero class is also another of my favourite classes from FE, though I've had little experince with it due to there only being 3 in the games I played (unless you count Ike, who seems to be somewhat of a Lord version of a Hero). Both Raven and Gerik stood out though and made a firm placement in my army. Again, I think I'd have to go with Ike with this one, simply as he suits the power based style the Hero class offers, as seems to have made ranged swords his thing.

3. Never been much for Axe users personally, but Lance users are some of my favourite. The main ones that come to mind are Ephraim, Nephenee and the wyvern riders (mainly Heatn, Cormag and Jill). However, as much as I like the Wyvern riders, I fel their mounts should be incorporated as part of their moveset, but I just can't see a ood way of implementing their profession into their attacks. Both Ephraim and Nephenee however can handle the job themselves just fine, and either would be a good addition.

4. Mages seem to few and far in between for me. I generally use a lot of them, but character and aesthetics wise few appeal to me. Really the only ones I like a lot are Pent, Lucius, Soren and Micaiah(from what I've seen of her) and somewhat Sanaki. Going to go with Micaiah on this one, mainly because she interests me the most.

5. Notice how I didn't mention any dark magic users above. As much as I had fun with Canas and as awesome Pelleas (GoD) looks like he's going to be, I'm going to have to include Lyon instead. A villain character that becomes playable at some point, we get to see how Lyon would work as a character. He comes with his own Dark magic tome, and I think his necromancing abilities give him a possible unique trait. That and I personally like his background and story. An honorary mention goes out to Zephiel though, despite not me playing FE6, but from what I've read about him and seen in battle, he seems to be pretty badass.

However, realistically, the only character I mentioned I expect to see is Ike. I feel Micaiah has somewhat of a shot, but Lyndis and Ephraim will have to struggle somewhat to get in. Lyon unfortunately seems to have no chance despite how much I'd like him to.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
karla and karel would be sick ice climber team...

ephraim and eirika not so much...

btw Rebecca FTW!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Who are Karla and Karel?

Also, we need one representative from each weapon mastery.
I say we have Marth or Ike (or Roy) for swords, Ephraim or The Dark Knight for lances, Hector for axes, and Sothe or Volke for daggers (Yes they were from the same game, but no I'm not picking them out of laziness or ignorance, I feel they are both equally awesome). We also need a representative for the three magic masteries. Not sure who, but I'd love to see Prince Lyon for dark magic.

PawN

Smash Rookie
Karla and Karel are sword masters from FE 7

Sothe is cooler than Volke

Pent, Lyon, ... light magic is a hard one.. Lucius is probably the strongest male bishop

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Sothe is cool. Volke 'looks' more tough, but Sothe will probably fit in better in Brawl. He's a bit less serious and Smash needs to be more of a cartoon game to set it apart from the rest of the fighting games. Too many serious characters will make it Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur or something.

Ok, I need more help on this: Who's Pent? And who's Lucius?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
A sage and monk respectively, both from FE7 again.

Sothe is more likely in general due to his role in the upcoming FE game on the Wii. Volke doesn't strike me as too serious, though he does have a lot more of an assassin vibe, which makes him seem a lot more brutal than Sothe. Still, you would've thought Snake would be a bit too serious for brawl as well, but there you go.

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Sothe: Watch his attacks in the actual game, he would make an amazing char.

Lyn: Also very, very fast. Plus she's just another awesome character in the games.

Ike: Along with Sothe, just seems to be the most reasonable character from FE to be put in

FlowingEdge

Smash Rookie
I would choose lyn, hector, marth and I guess Ike. I always did like lyn the best out of the fe characters for her swordsmanship and archery skills, she is sacaen after all, they gotta use bows for hunting.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I think its very likely that Marth and Roy will be replaced by Ike and the Black Knight from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. Ike is the most popular Fire Emblem lord on Sakurai's poll and the Black Knight coul be easily included as Ike's clone.

Top Bottom