• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For all of you Pikmin fans out there

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
I have played Pikmin for a total of 10 minutes at the maximum and I understand that Olimar relies heavily on his little helpers, but the update only gave us Microscopic details about how Olimar fights. The update says "without Pikmin he can't even do a smash attack." Now does this mean he can still perform regular attacks without pikmin or does he need Pikmin to attack at all? There was a screen shot where he appeared to be swinging the Pikmin at his enemy. I'm guessing the throwing and swinging the Pikmin will be his main form of attack, but what if he loses his Pikmin? It would have to be easy to get more otherwise he is rendered useless. This open's up his Down B move for maybe a "Pikmin Pull" where he pulls another Pikmin out of the ground. I'd like to see your Ideas on his Final Smash and his recover move. I figure his Smash B attack will have to do with throwing the Pikmin. Please Discuss. He seems like an interesting character that would take quite a bit of skill to use properly.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
Let's forget the fighting style for right now and talk about His recovery move and his final smash. These are things that will be very interesting to see how they turn out. I was thinking about something with his rocket ship for his FS and I don't even know what to think about his recovery move. Show me some of your ideas.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
I thought it'd be cool if his Final Smash was a bunch of burrowing snagrets that burst through random parts of the stage. You wouldn't know where they were coming from or how high up they'd reach, so you'd have to keep on your toes.

As for his up b, I think it'd be cool if he threw a chain of pikmin to grab at the ledge, giving him a tether recovery. Of course it'd be longer the more pikmin you have, so you'd have to keep an eye on your little guys.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
I thought it'd be cool if his Final Smash was a bunch of burrowing snagrets that burst through random parts of the stage. You wouldn't know where they were coming from or how high up they'd reach, so you'd have to keep on your toes.

As for his up b, I think it'd be cool if he threw a chain of pikmin to grab at the ledge, giving him a tether recovery. Of course it'd be longer the more pikmin you have, so you'd have to keep an eye on your little guys.
I like that Idea. Not that many characters have tether recoveries and it is kind of new since it didn't work out so well in melee. I haven't played pikmin very much so I have no idea what u mean about his FS but i like the recovery idea. who else has an idea?

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
Here's something else to add to the topic, his grabs. How would he use the pikmin to throw? An intersting tpoic indeed. Keep throwing ideas at me.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
For his up special, I had a Bumbling Snitchbug idea. One catches Olimar and carries him upwards.

Oh I like that one too! And then it chucks Olimar downward at enemies :laugh:

@mattram08

The burrowing snagret is the first Pikmin monster featured in this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=tcLmz4zHqeI

That should give you a better idea of what I meant. It's a snake-bird thing that emerges from the ground to eat pikmin. Sometimes it's fast and sometimes it's slow, giving you a chance to attack.

Syzygy

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking that the more pikmin you have, the farther the Up-B will go. So I'm thinking either Jenkin's idea, or that the Pikmin throw you or something. He'll be an interesting charcter, constantly balancing plucking pikmin and reserving them for recovery, and using them to attack, which we can only assume would be a B *throw pikmin* move and using them for smashes.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I see his recovery AND his FS based on his spaceship, the dolphin. Both were explained in my moveset in "The official Cpt. Olimar discussion thread"

Cocoashadow

Smash Apprentice
I thought his upb would be to put one of his pikmin underneath him and jump off of it to go higher. This move could be used as long as you had Pikmin to spare, but every time you used it, it would kill the pikmin you launched off of.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I think that neutral B, down B (Pikmin pluck), and repeat A move wont require a Pikmin. Grab and Up B is up in the air. I personally now hope his Up B wont need Pikmin, but it might not turn out that way...

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I find his moveset interesting as well. How will it be implemented into battle? He is definitely a character different from the others revealed so far, and from what I see, he'll most likely be the Game and Watch of the game. That doesn't make him bad, though. I see a lot of potential from Olimar, as long as they give his Pikmin the right range and power.

For his final smash, I'm definitely expecting something to do with his rocket ship. I hope it won't be similar to Dedede's (Pikmin would swarm the stage), but rather something bigger and stronger. I've never played Pikmin, so I have no idea as to what this would be.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play. :)

Top Bottom