• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For All you people who think brawl will never have combos look at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
i do that combo very frequently, and it isnt as easy to DI as people think. Everyone i play usually gets caught up in it. you can compare that CF to the Rob getting it handed to him.

but i guess it depends on the player.
I didn't say it was easy. I said that it was possible. Also, airdodging.

zaf

Smash Lord
I didn't say it was easy. I said that it was possible. Also, airdodging.
yea you didnt say it was easy, sorry if i was putting words in your mouth.

if you were to dodge it, most people i believe would try and DI, and when they found it didnt work would try to airdodge but find they missed that boat.

but airdodging seems to be the only real tactic to avoiding that combo if it is done fast enough

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
I am a G&W main and I must say that is how I play with him. I come to expect that, he could have killed that dude earlier. G&W is a beast and his up b is so awsome with his d smash and the most important thing I can think of for G&W is his up smash, it kills at 80% and his other smash can kill at 80% but generally do closer to 95-100%. Try his up b as an approach tactic and drop out of the sky with d air. then turtle or f air once or twice and two to three bacons, then dash up smash, they go flying into the sky. If they reach 75-85% (and not a big char.) dash u smash, or mindgame with slide shield then let go of sheild to up smash.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
He got overwhelmed. Simple as that.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
>.<

**** you guys aren't smart.

Easily over half of that could've been avoided by a simple freaking air dodge, that ROB player sucked. Quit being tools for a guy who pwned a n00b.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Oh wow what an amazing combo. So, does everyone you play not know how to dodge or just jump into your attacks in a lame *** attempt to rush you down? Tell Velocity he sucks.

The longer your combo, the less skilled your opponent. Get off of it already.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
I really dont see why everyone keeps up the argument "Brawl is comboless" This isnt Guilty Gear, or any other fighting game out there.

Brawl shouldnt have the same definition of a "combo" as most fighting games. Since you cant just memorize button presses and execute them when you have an opening, Brawls combo "Window" should be longer than a few fractions of a second XD. I definetly consider this a combo ( in brawl at least )

and before you go flaming me say that a "combo is a combo". Take into consideration that brawls fighing system and physics are different from other games that use the staple definition of combo. I really think that we should all just...

DAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMN!!!!!!!!!!

chaddd

Smash Lord
Everyone already knows brawl combos are completely dependent on your opponent messing up. chill
That was quite possibly the gayest post ever made. Try not to speak anymore.

Also, don't tell me to chill. Ever. Who are you to tell me I was worked up in the first place? Moron.

Met

Smash Ace
hey chaddd didn't you make a gannon combo vid in melee? and didn't it suck? i remember it did i think it opened with you stomping someone like six times with his down air.... and now you say that this is worthless because it was done to some crappy rob player? dude get out you sucked at melee anyway.

DAYYYYYYUUUUMMMMM

BladeWise

Smash Lord
hey chaddd didn't you make a gannon combo vid in melee? and didn't it suck? i remember it did i think it opened with you stomping someone like six times with his down air.... and now you say that this is worthless because it was done to some crappy rob player? dude get out you sucked at melee anyway.

DAYYYYYYUUUUMMMMM

lol. internet people.

I'll stay quiet and just enjoy watching the response to this.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't get why everyone is fussing about the different definitions of "combo"
If everyone is also claiming that brawl is completely different, then why can't we call someone else's stupidity to doge a combo now?
no more dial a combo moves, you simply must pay acute attention to what your opponent is doing and cash in on that.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chibo's ROB is actually pretty good. It placed second in Rage Studios: SSBB Singles Tournament in Turnersville, NJ on April 12th. It is just Velocity is way better.
It doesn't matter if he once 4-stocked Azen. In that particular video, he sucked.

Micahc

Smash Ace

DAYYYYYYUUUUMMMMM
But weren't his combos full of actual combos?

Oh and because I can....

DAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNN

This thread is so pointless.

2spec

Smash Rookie
nice vid, ROB was pretty much *****. good combination of moves by G&W, but 99% escapable by ROB.

just chill. -=]

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Why is this page stretched out so much?

Anyways, I seriously think peoples' expectations have been lowered so much that anything halfway decent seems godlike to them. Go watch some melee vids of pro matches.

Now THAT is worth saying d@mn about.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
R.O.B pretty much pulled a NO R 4 U in that vid. He could have avoided many of those attacks, but didn't. Because ROB had a chance to get away, G&W's series of attacks can be argued as not a combo.
But what G&W did do, was attack Rob with a series of attacks, all hitting, and with in a second or tow of each other, leaving little, but some room for escape. So close to a combo, but not quite.

Oh and just for kicks, DAAAMMMMMMMMMMMNNNN

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
That wasn't a combo. It's just predicting what the opponent will do next and getting another hit based on that.

Combos will NEVER exist in Brawl, it's just too floaty. Nobody is going to come up with some magical technique that makes combos work. Yes, it's sad, but there's no way around it.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
That wasn't a combo. It's just predicting what the opponent will do next and getting another hit based on that.
you sir are an idiot

a combo is a consecutive row of hits
not what sf and tekken have(dial-a-combo)

those can be done fairly easy w/ practice on a computer

Combos will NEVER exist in Brawl, it's just too floaty. Nobody is going to come up with some magical technique that makes combos work. Yes, it's sad, but there's no way around it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDj1kUHKVY

watch the first stock then say combos dont exist in brawl, i assure u this lucario doesnt suck, and he knows how to air-dodge

i hate when ppl say "thats not a combo" or "he didnt air-dodge,"(sometimes very true) but maybe he was trying to return a hit in between or wasnt expecting it, i bet if i played half of the ppl on smashboards, i could get a 3-5 hit combo simply because u dont know my playstyle.

combo's do exist in brawl just not what ppl r used to in melee,

if i hit u with 6 hits in a row and finishing with a spike or meteor, im putting it in a COMBO video, simple as that

Twin Dreams

Smash Ace
you sir are an idiot

watch the first stock then say combos dont exist in brawl, i assure u this lucario doesnt suck, and he knows how to air-dodge

i hate when ppl say "thats not a combo" or "he didnt air-dodge,"(sometimes very true) but maybe he was trying to return a hit in between or wasnt expecting it, i bet if i played half of the ppl on smashboards, i could get a 3-5 hit combo simply because u dont know my playstyle.

combo's do exist in brawl just not what ppl r used to in melee,

if i hit u with 6 hits in a row and finishing with a spike or meteor, im putting it in a COMBO video, simple as that

You're video. The one with Olimar and Lucario.

It ISN'T A COMBO. Lucario could've done things in between his attacks.

There is a difference between a combo and your opponent being stupid.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
competitive brawl right now is ROB vs Snake each camping the other end of the map. 8 minute 2 stocks ftw?

no game can be big if its boring and un skill requiring lol

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
you sir are an idiot

I hit you as Peach with Dashattack, you fly up, on your way back down, you decide to Air Control into my Upsmash. Combo? No. Go away.

And stuff
You call that a combo? After the 1st hit, Lucario air controlled towards Pikmin & Olimar. He didn't even try to get an aerial out from what I can tell. Then followed a chase of bad DI, then he air-controlled into Pikmin & Olimar yet again, got hit, flew out of the stage, didn't even try to sweetspot the edge even though he easily could have, jumped towards Pikmin & Olimar with a horrendously timed aerial and ate an Upsmash.

How is that anything other than sucking? I've proven myself enough in tournaments to be able to say "I'm pretty good". However, I can readily admit to sometimes sucking. I got 4-stocked just last tournament (in a set that ended 2-1 to my opponent so I got a game off of him) due to total suckage. I can totally own up to that. In that particular game, I sucked.

And for that particular stock, Lucario sucked (much worse than I did because at least I tried to get out of combos).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom