• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Fun? For Win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I play for both. I want to win, but I don't want to turn Brawl into a job, so I refuse to use characters I don't enjoy in order to win (luckily I can get away with the characters I main).

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
Both options are related... Do you have fun getting the **** beaten out of you in Brawl? Everyone likes to win, otherwise we'd all be losers....

I play to win and I have fun doing it

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I play for the sake of getting better and actually playing better people.

Playing good people is fun.

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I play for fun, but I do get very competitive when playing people who are better than me or when I'm in a tournament situation. So I guess for win.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So when you're done with these results, what exactly will you do with them?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I can't choose one. I'm always having fun when I'm playing to win. :p

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I play for the win, but it's fun doing that.

:037:

voomm

Smash Apprentice
Both its fun to play to win and to have fun~
^_^

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't imagine anything more fun than winning, except winning against someone that was considered better than you (Or you respected)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Personally, if the fight is hard enough, and I'm pushed hard enough, I could care less if I win or lose. As long as I'm sweating from the action, I'm still having fun. And I know (the winner is the one who has the most fun thing) is cliche as heck, but it's true. If you're kicking butt and taking names, it doesn't matter too much where you place... Granted, winning does feel so good..... YOU KNOW WHAT!?! SCREW WHAT I SAID BEFORE! LOSING SUCKS EGG-WATER! WINNING IS WHERE IT'S AT! But seriously, if you're enjoying yourself, nothing but the match itself should matter.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
eh... it depends on my mood... if i have been practicing a lot then i play to win. but if i have not then i just play for fun... :)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I play for fun.
Trying my best to win is fun for me. But I'm willing to handicap myself and play a character I enjoy because I don't mind the extra challenge.
*shrugs*

auroreon

Smash Ace
Everyone plays for fun, thats what you play video games for. You cannot seperate playing for fun and playing to win. The people who play competetively and do anything to win, do so because that is what they find most fun to do in the game.

I play to win. But I main Yoshi, therefore hindering my chances of winning... I enjoy overcoming challenge.

Geist

Smash Master
I play to win.
I even have a better time playing when I'm playing to win. I know that playing to win is beneficial to both people playing (assuming it's a 1v1) and much more entertaining. Even when I'm playing against people who obviously won't stand 2 chances in hell, I still play with a competitive attitude. I always have, even when I didn't play competitive games.

LadyKirbess

Smash Apprentice
I definitely play video games for fun. Whenever I try to play with the mindset of just winning I don't have as much fun if I lose. So it just makes more sense to play for fun so win or lose I still have fun. Idk if that made any sense at all lol. ^_^

:026:

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I play to win!
Its my way or the highway baby!!!
lolz I actually play for fun.

EDIT:i agree with kirbess,if u focus on winning like ur life is on the line and end up losing....well its not a very nice feeling.

Video games are meant to be played for fun.

Although I must admit I got rather competitive at times...
but that's just me ;)

:094:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom