• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Ah, man... It's sad my premium account ran out today.
Other than that, yeah. CCI's not exactly being the best place in the world, right now. It never was.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I think it is great that some of you guys still have the energy to debate at the CCI. At this point I've given up and don't care when people just assume Lucina's matchups are just "Marth -1".

In other news, I got 7th at a small tourney today. What is important about it is that I beat a Luigi, a matchup I've always dreaded. Then I lost to a Cloud, when I normally had that matchup well known. Welp, there is always a next time.
:196:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Yeah.... I honestly gave up, for now. I did my best. I really did. But if these people don't want to learn, atleast I can live safe knowing the ignorance is not on me.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Koga's going to TBH6 tomorrow! Apparently his first matchup is Rich Brown?
Best of luck for both players! Let's of course hope Lucina wins

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Ding Dong still bodies me.

As for Kogarasuma he got this, I'll be watching and cheering for you buddy Kogarasuma Kogarasuma and the rest of New England out there!!!

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So apparently Nairo went Robin/Lucina at Little Big House and got pretty great results.

CanadianCourage

Smash Cadet
I think Kogarasuma has a good shot at beating Rich brown. the Mewtwo matchup is pretty good in my opinion.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Yeah Nairo got 7th. Mewtwo vs Lucina is definitely doable he has better mobility so be careful of that otherwise catch them teleportation and landings.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I noticed that her amiibo is available for preorder at Best Buy along with a few others. Seems like the restocking of those is real; I would take advantage of that while you got the chance. I don't know about the other stores though.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Got 13th today.
Could've gone further but I got clutch-spiked by a Charizard. His butt is much bigger than it seems.

Kogarasuma

Smash Rookie
Forgot to mention but went 1-2 against rich brown last stock last hit died by grabbed but he complemented my lucina and said I was the best one he's ever played against, and a bunch of people wanted friendlies with me, second national I've been at and I'm loving it already next up genesis 4.

CanadianCourage

Smash Cadet
Forgot to mention but went 1-2 against rich brown last stock last hit died by grabbed but he complemented my lucina and said I was the best one he's ever played against, and a bunch of people wanted friendlies with me, second national I've been at and I'm loving it already next up genesis 4.
Very good, did you get anyone to record it? I'd love to watch.

VeryUncreative

Smash Cadet
Great job Kogarasuma Kogarasuma !

Anyways, how do you guys keep playing Lucina? I find it hard to not switch to Marth when he is just way safer and more rewarding than her. I'm currently resisting the switch, but I don't know how much a longer I can hold out. I think that Marth has a higher skill cap because of tipper too, so he'll be better in the long run. People have said Lucina is better in the long run because you won't be landing every move as a tipper, but I think if you're good enough, and you can predict your opponent, you could land most moves as one.

I guess the only reason I'm still playing her is waifu appeal.

Thanks!

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Great job Kogarasuma Kogarasuma !

Anyways, how do you guys keep playing Lucina? I find it hard to not switch to Marth when he is just way safer and more rewarding than her. I'm currently resisting the switch, but I don't know how much a longer I can hold out. I think that Marth has a higher skill cap because of tipper too, so he'll be better in the long run. People have said Lucina is better in the long run because you won't be landing every move as a tipper, but I think if you're good enough, and you can predict your opponent, you could land most moves as one.

I guess the only reason I'm still playing her is waifu appeal.

Thanks!
Personal preference. From a subjective standpoint, I just prefer Lucina as a character and person, I find her cute and the moves she does look nice. From an objective standpoint, I will always do my best to defend Lucina's viability in the metagame, as I do believe she does hold her own very well, including against Marth. Marth has the potential to be more rewarding, but I just prefer the rewards you get as Lucina, since I do just feel myself they seem more substantial. I also do not think Marth is somehow "safer" than Lucie.
Overall, Lucie is just a character I love a lot, and I'm willing to go great lengths to show to people how good I think she really is.

VeryUncreative

Smash Cadet
I also do not think Marth is somehow "safer" than Lucie.
But don't tippers have more shield stun?

Anyway I think that Lucina has better edgeguarding, because it seems hard to hit tippers reliably offstage, and I agree with the opinion of some top players that Lucina does better in certain matchups. She is definitely almost or equally as viable as Marth.

In retrospect I think I made it sound that I was completely switching to Marth, but I'll be using both characters depending on who I'm facing, which is a smart move, probably.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
But don't tippers have more shield stun?

Anyway I think that Lucina has better edgeguarding, because it seems hard to hit tippers reliably offstage, and I agree with the opinion of some top players that Lucina does better in certain matchups. She is definitely almost or equally as viable as Marth.

In retrospect I think I made it sound that I was completely switching to Marth, but I'll be using both characters depending on who I'm facing, which is a smart move, probably.
From what I heard: A bit more, not that much more. He gets stuck for a few of those frames. They shield safety data is actually mostly the same. I have an image laying somewhere.

This one

VeryUncreative

Smash Cadet
That's quite interesting actually. I never would have thought that having 3 more damage on a move only has one more frame of shield advantage. (In the case of fsmash)

And if you don't HIT the tipper...

This might be off topic a bit, but I felt like sharing something I found, but it has probably already been found before.

As Marth if you try to hit a tipper on an opponent, and they shield, you won't hit the shield as a tipper.
And likewise, trying to hit an opponents shield as a tipper, and they drop shield, you will completely whiff the move.
(Or maybe I'm just bad)

Jeez, I'm sounding anti-Marth now.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I keep playing Lucina because I feel my bigger player strengths is that I can edgeguard, exert pressure and get reads well, but with Marth I often don't get enough reward because the opponent is moving and the tipper doesn't hit. I rather keep the guaranteed damage and kill setups that don't depend so much on spacing to focus on my opponent's actions rather than both characters'.

VeryUncreative

Smash Cadet
Don't worry Kogarasume, I'm bad too. But there's no kappa for me.

Interesting view, that one person with weird Japanese characters for a name. I completely agree that some people are better with Lucina than Marth, and who knows, maybe I will be too when I get better at this game.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
So. I got my Wii U yesterday. It even came with a Pro Controller.
I've been labbing stuff out with it, a real controller, and... wow.
Running Shield Breakers and Grounded Wavebounces? Is this the stuff I've been missing out on all this time?
Why do I never see Marcina players use those two more often?

EDIT:

Sorry for the arse-like quality. Has anyone ever seen this before? I can see this being really useful.

Last edited:

VeryUncreative

Smash Cadet
I actually noticed this a few days ago, but I figured most Marcina mains knew. You seem to slide farther that usual grounded b-reverses too. Sucks you have to wait for the dash to end.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Hey, people.
Don't know how many of you'll end up seeing this (or even caring) but I'll just say that I'll mostly be leaving this forum, from now on. I have been thoroughly dissatisfied with a lot of things in this site for months (mostly related to reliability of information and community stuff in general, sadly not something that can ever truly be fixed) and now I finally have access to a Wii U, and in a few weeks, the Wii U version of Smash. I'd much rather spend time actually playing the game than discussing it, especially since, lately, I feel like I have learned next to nothing in the arguments I have had, here.
I will come here basically to only check this thread. If you guys want to add me on your Wii U, I'd suggest waiting a bit, actually, since I've been having some technical difficulties that extend beyond just me not having Smash at the moment.
See you around.

Kogarasuma

Smash Rookie
Hey, people.
Don't know how many of you'll end up seeing this (or even caring) but I'll just say that I'll mostly be leaving this forum, from now on. I have been thoroughly dissatisfied with a lot of things in this site for months (mostly related to reliability of information and community stuff in general, sadly not something that can ever truly be fixed) and now I finally have access to a Wii U, and in a few weeks, the Wii U version of Smash. I'd much rather spend time actually playing the game than discussing it, especially since, lately, I feel like I have learned next to nothing in the arguments I have had, here.
I will come here basically to only check this thread. If you guys want to add me on your Wii U, I'd suggest waiting a bit, actually, since I've been having some technical difficulties that extend beyond just me not having Smash at the moment.
See you around.
Hope everything goes well man!

Tomoya

Smash Apprentice
Rich Brown needs to play me then hehe. But I'm probs gonna play Texas reps this Saturday. San Antonio is so fun when you have players like Megafox, Espy, and Illusion to body you lol

Tomoya

Smash Apprentice
a little mac player named ninjafish, he's top 6 in the pr i think. but it was my first tourney. so people were pretty impressed.

rhyming_beats

Smash Rookie
Hey guys!

I just wanted to ask your opinions on what you think my secondary competitive character should be. Here are some details about me:

• I main Lucina
  • Likes combos, and mildly technical techniques
  • I like to have a little space between me and my characters

I tried Greninja but after 5 hours of playing him, it seems like I can't pull off any footstool combos online.

Also, I need a secondary because I sometimes get bored using the same character over and over again.

P.S. I was advised to post this here since I added this in the wrong board lol

Tomoya

Smash Apprentice
Well, if you wanna play Greninja he'd have to be your main cause it takes time and dedication to perform those combos consistantly, as said from our Greninja player here. Lucina isn't reall combo heavy imo unless you just like to risk stocks which is fine by me, but my recommendation would be Samus. After watching my friend Joker play Samus, i picked her up to play lower players in friendlies or just for general fun. She has combos, and some tech that requires you to master as well as a bunch of stylish things you can pull off. She can space out opponents with zair, rockets, neutral b, and just spacing in particular. With all that said, you maining Lucina would be difficult considering your current mindset or preferred style of play, but feel free to experiment.

Top Bottom