• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
My housemates are awesome and pre-ordered the Lucina figma for me as a late Christmas present.

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
I have her Amiibo and figma on preorder.
Am I going overboard with this or

Last edited:

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
AmiAmi is the cheapest I believe. They're very reiliable as well, as I've used them a lot in the past.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I haven't been able to pre order the amiibo but I'm gonna go to my local GAME first thing when it comes out and hope they have one to buy.

When the figma arrives I'll take a pic with it for you all.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Don't forget that Lucina will get a tipper across the entire length of the blade, which has a 97% chance to get a critical hit, in which Lucina's banner from Awakening will pop out, announce that she is indeed "challenging her fate", and instant KO an opponent.

To accomodate for these slight buffs, Lucina's final smash will change. She will now S-Support with the opponent and get an automatic unconditional win, as shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCd5LyExGyk
No, that would be Chrom's Final Smash if he was playable. Considering he is the only one who can actually ninjamance Female Robins.

In fact, I think Chrom's VA jokes about that being his final smash in a panel somewhere.

Also, shameless plug to my fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10761074/3/Love-Across-Time. New chapter, so, yeah...

Last edited:

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
@ Locuan Locuan Great matches.

Something I've realized about how I play, its either very repetitive or I have very low endurance cause as the games went on I began to do worse and worse until I could barely get one stock.

While you only got better and better because you learned my habits.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Any before hand rules? 3 Stock 8 Minuets, Stage Rules?

Also Added
GG's sorry for the rush leave but I just got a call I have to take. Also, you use D-air too much on stage. That's risky and with a bunch of landing lag which one can capitalize on. You also like to counter after coming down directly on top of me. I would wait it out and U-smash. Also, don't be afraid to challenge my recovery off-stage. Try and gimp me :p

:227:

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
GG's sorry for the rush leave but I just got a call I have to take. Also, you use D-air too much on stage. That's risky and with a bunch of landing lag which one can capitalize on. You also like to counter after coming down directly on top of me. I would wait it out and U-smash. Also, don't be afraid to challenge my recovery off-stage. Try and gimp me :p

I'll keep that in mind. I kept noticing I'd come back into you in an attempt to get a counter, which you had already once told me not to do cause it winds up getting me killed. I kept telling myself I shouldn't. Long story short though I gotta work on destroying that habit.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I'll keep that in mind. I kept noticing I'd come back into you in an attempt to get a counter, which you had already once told me not to do cause it winds up getting me killed. I kept telling myself I shouldn't. Long story short though I gotta work on destroying that habit.
It's not that you can't use counter, just not in predictable ways. You may have noticed that I used counter when I had at least 75% certainty that it would connect. Also, I forgot to mention earlier but I noticed you air dodging into the ground quite a bit. I was also able to get quite the number of stocks like that.

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
It's not that you can't use counter, just not in predictable ways. You may have noticed that I used counter when I had at least 75% certainty that it would connect. Also, I forgot to mention earlier but I noticed you air dodging into the ground quite a bit. I was also able to get quite the number of stocks like that.

Yeah, its really weird sometimes I do something else when I intended to attempt something else. For example, I press down to fast and my hands slip accidentally hitting the shield button which air dodges and speeds me to the ground fast, effectively doing what you saw.

My controllers been doing a lot of things when I attempt to 'fast' play. Maybe cause my hands aren't used to moving so fast just yet.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
My controllers been doing a lot of things when I attempt to 'fast' play. Maybe cause my hands aren't used to moving so fast just yet.
It's a combination of being reactive and readjusting your muscle memory. When you panic, you lose control of your fingers via panic button and that ends up messing you up. I would recommend practicing in training mode and just getting used to your options. I spent a week labbing in training mode and it allowed me to recognize situations where I can instinctively choose my option without any issues.

Don't worry about it, we all get wrecked at some point :p I was destroyed today in tournament.
Honestly our tournament was really stacked so getting 17th place is nothing to laugh off at all. I wish our last meet wasn't me being super salty about getting 13th place and we could've ended on a lighter note. Also, stop randomly disappearing and me wondering wtf you went lol.

Are you going to TGC2?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Honestly our tournament was really stacked so getting 17th place is nothing to laugh off at all. I wish our last meet wasn't me being super salty about getting 13th place and we could've ended on a lighter note. Also, stop randomly disappearing and me wondering wtf you went lol.

Are you going to TGC2?
I know I could have done better. Which is why I'm not satisfied with the result. But as you said it's not a bad result. I did learn that Houston definitely has the strongest players in Texas. From the start I felt like I was facing incredible players.

EDIT: I will hopefully go to TGC2.
Yeah, its really weird sometimes I do something else when I intended to attempt something else. For example, I press down to fast and my hands slip accidentally hitting the shield button which air dodges and speeds me to the ground fast, effectively doing what you saw.

As HeroMystic said, practice makes perfect :D

Last edited:

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I need to fight muscle memory, panicking and slow reaction times so I'll probably have to go do lab work in training for a while too.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I need to fight muscle memory, panicking and slow reaction times so I'll probably have to go do lab work in training for a while too.
Yea I just got into doing that with Robin who was my original main in the game next to Lucina.
I'll main Lucina if zelda is ever so nerfed
Have you decided on Zelda as your main?

Last edited:

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Robin was originally gonna be my main but I just stopped improving with them after like a month or two of practice. Lucina - a character I picked up just for a joke ditto originally - promptly became my love afterwards though. Now she's definitively my main and always seen by my friends as my signature character. It's great.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum, but I'm not new to Awakening or Smash. I wanted to join the old forum, alas it closed, but hey, we have this one now.

So a little about myself, I am a long time Fire Emblem fan and I've wrote a handful of stories like TheWerdna. I am also a big Robin and Lucina shipper so there is that :) :4lucina:x:4robinm:

Looks like I am not the only one who missed out on the preorders so this is a pleasant surprise to see this back up.
EMERGERD ITS YOU
The social thread is back?!

Could this mean... more RobinxLucina shipping???

Today is a great day. It almost makes up for the fact that all 20 of the Lucina amiibos up for preorder ran out of stock within the first ten minutes (damn you, nintendo.)
OF COURSE!
So the new update is going to involve Meta knight regaining all of his powers while Kirby loses his ability to eat people. Ganon will become the second fastest character in the game behind Lucina, and Marth will finally be recognized as the clone of Lucina. Mewtwo, the newcomer, will actually be a ditto that replaces Kirby's transformation ability and will proceed to mimic everyone at once.

Diddy kong and Donkey kong will switch roles in skill while Bowser is kidnapped by peach. Pit will be removed only leaving Dark pit as an option which no one will notice and all the of stages will now be permanently played upside down. This of course does not stop players from playing competitively whilst standing on their heads.

When the dust settles, this new update will revolutionize the tier system leaving everyone perfectly equal with each other, except for Lucina and Robin who will be significantly better than everyone else. Especially when they work together.
This makes me wish when :4lucina: and :4robinm: won a match together, Morgan had a cameo...
Also, anyone up for ship pics of them?

29a.png
2112.37328734_m.jpg-610x0.jpg
1111.jpg

Merry Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
So, I finally got started on the fic I plan to be posting April 20th, that being both the 25th Anniversary of FE and Lucina's birthday. So perfect time to do an birthday fluff fic.

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
@ Robertman2 Robertman2 The first picture always makes me laugh whenever I see it. I imagine that has got to be one crazy moment for both of them and how serious she looks makes it even better. And of course, the other two just make me smile :)

@ TheWerdna TheWerdna Sounds awesome. Looking forward to it.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
@ Robertman2 Robertman2 The first picture always makes me laugh whenever I see it. I imagine that has got to be one crazy moment for both of them and how serious she looks makes it even better. And of course, the other two just make me smile :)

I am going to need to really work to make sure I get it done in time, as I am currently 1600 words in and it is shaping up to be around 6-7k words long. I would welcome any ideas or suggestions for things to happen during this, as I am going to be basically detailing an entire day (it will be set 5 years after A Future Disowned, making it Lucina's 25th birthday, since that is appropriate given the 25 year anniversary. So the younger versions of Morgan and Marc will be there too.)

Last night I even came up with the perfect idea for a gift Robin is going to give Lucina, which...

Note: Super ultra mega spoilers!
Robin spent the past two years writing a book detailing Marth's story, hunting down every reliable account he could find and teleporting over to the Mila Tree so Tiki could collaborate on it and make sure the account is 100% accurate and truthful to what really happened. I even have him title it as Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, to basically say that what he wrote was more or less a novelization of the first Fire Emblem game. I figured this would be a perfect gift as well as tie the story into the series anniversary as a whole.
[\spoiler]

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

I think they did it just once. And then Morgan. It's funny. Also, that is just a small snippet of my collection

Last edited:

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
@ TheWerdna TheWerdna

So I imagine you have at least three major scenes. Plus whatever else you can think of.
One with the entire family. Lucina, Robin, Sumia, Chrom, Cynthia, Marc, Morgan, little Lucina, little Cynthia, Little Morgan, and Little Marc.
One with the immediate family. Lucina, Robin and the older children.
And one with the couple :D

Since it is a 5 year fast forward, you could talk about how much things have changed in the world, but how little has changed for the family. I imagine Robin and Lucina will also not be very embarrassed by any teasing remarks, but wear it more with pride. Perhaps they might even mention what plans they have for the future.

@ Robertman2 Robertman2 If you ever find something new, then feel free to show it. I've seen most of the shipping pictures myself, but there always is a couple that pop up while I am not looking.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
@ TheWerdna TheWerdna

So I imagine you have at least three major scenes. Plus whatever else you can think of.
One with the entire family. Lucina, Robin, Sumia, Chrom, Cynthia, Marc, Morgan, little Lucina, little Cynthia, Little Morgan, and Little Marc.

Since it is a 5 year fast forward, you could talk about how much things have changed in the world, but how little has changed for the family. I imagine Robin and Lucina will also not be very embarrassed by any teasing remarks, but wear it more with pride. Perhaps they might even mention what plans they have for the future.

@ Robertman2 Robertman2 If you ever find something new, then feel free to show it. I've seen most of the shipping pictures myself, but there always is a couple that pop up while I am not looking.
Sure

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I'm wondering if it's worth uploading a video of a match I had about a month ago. On the one hand, I've improved a lot but on the other I may have missed some of the mistakes I made upon rewatching. Thoughts?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I'm wondering if it's worth uploading a video of a match I had about a month ago. On the one hand, I've improved a lot but on the other I may have missed some of the mistakes I made upon rewatching. Thoughts?
It's always good to upload videos for critique. You can always upload recent videos later on as well.

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Any critique could lead to you getting better. So I say go for it!

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Alright, thanks friends. I've uploaded it to the video thread. Hopefully one of our guys at the weeklies brings his capture card again soon so I can get more recent videos up.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
EMERGERD ITS YOU

OF COURSE!

This makes me wish when :4lucina: and :4robinm: won a match together, Morgan had a cameo...
Also, anyone up for ship pics of them?

View attachment 46219
Merry Christmas.
The alternative take of this is such....

@ TheWerdna TheWerdna

The one thing I am not sure of is how 20 year old Morgan should act. I am thinking she will still be, well, crazy and bombastic, but am not sure if she should be a bit more matured (maybe closer to F!Robin's antics, or rather somewhere between) or just as Morgany as always.

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
Just managed to secure a Robin Amiibo preorder. My Lucina figma is going to have a tiny husband now I guess.

All I need now is Marth and I'll be free from this amiibo hell

Top Bottom