• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward Smash... waste of a moveslot?

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
Damages is less, knock back is less.
It seems to be a slightly faster, but not enough to give it an edge over side B or even Utilt.
So why would anyone use Fsmash over side B?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
The only advantage to FSmash I can think of is that it hits a little bit behind you and comes out faster than SideB

James Sparrow

Smash Master
The only time I ever use Fsmash is when I either

a) Accidentally input fsmash rather than ftilt
or
b) Want to hit them horizontally but want to save side b knockback

I hate the move, it's so bad. About it being faster, though this may be true, it can't be started until you're on the ground so it seems a lot slower anyway.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I always F-smash out of a stun because chances are your opponent is in the dead zone of your forward-special OR your forward-special won't take them out of the stun. Yes, I have had that happen. Not to mention why bother degrading your best KO move when you don't have to.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I use Fsmash as a spacing tool myself

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Fsmash's primary use is after a stun, moreso at mid to high percents. After that, it really doesn't have any use.

Although fully charged, it's a decent kill-move. Good luck finding a chance to charge it, though.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I tend to upB - >dsmash -> either grab or fsmash

I think that the fsmash isn't terrible, but it isn't great. It does have some pretty good vertical knockback compared to the sideB (Seeing as the sideB has about 5 different launch angles depending on where you hit them with it). That said, it's very easy to dodge...

It's situational, really, and whether you use it or something else is up to you.

Top Bottom