• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward Tilt: The Summary of Playing Sheik

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Was it known that it worked on every character? Even still, I still feel 26th is too low considering Sheik is actually a good character. I think she is a better character than Fox, who has many unwinnable match-ups (30:70 and worse, with Sheik being one of them). Sheik is highly underrated, but her tournament results are starting to improve along with Zelda.

D1RE

Smash Cadet
Well, if she's underrated, she's an underdog, which again is an advantage seen with competetive eyes. Character rated bad = opponent practising less against it. Everyone know that DDD, MK and Snake are dangerous and played a lot, so everyone will make sure they have a good amount of training against them. Sheik on the other hand, not so much. This will give you an (if only slight) advantage in a tournament.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Man, does anyone remember when I posted this? lol, I don't either. I might think of revising it though.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I actually remembered this as well. I linked some guy in the MK Q&A thread to this thread because he was asking which way he should DI during the tilt lock.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I remember you posting this, I looked at it, like, an hour ago for my F Tilt summary.

What exactly needs revision?
I had a few things wrong (notably, that ftilt is the third fastest attack at 5 frames, being slower than jab at 2 and dsmash at 4) and I might want to look into some more specifics, as well as discussing situational early enders and why while they might seem good why they actually aren't (not all the time anyway).

I might also add emphasis on the fact that you can ftilt usmash any character in the game given correct decay, reversals be ****ed, and if you fail (usually on Marth due to his Up+B reversal) then it really is you doing it wrong and not it being an impossibility.

Top Bottom