• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward WD to edge hog?

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I've been doing a lot of tech practice lately with mostly Mario. While I was forward WDing into turnaround bairs. I noticed that Mario was actually turning around while he was still sliding forward. So I figured I'de try it right in to an edge hog and it worked. I've never actually seen anyone do this in a match or in any video but it is definitely the fastest way into an edge hog in certain situations. If you smash your opponent across the stage it's just as fast and much easier(once you get it down) than jumping and capeing to turn around or throwing a fireball back or even WDing spinning around and WDing again. Just wondering if anyone knew about this. It works with anyone who has a good WD as far as I know. I've done it with Mario Luigi Marth, and Doc. Didn't try it with young Link And I cant remember If it works with Samus or not.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yeah this is fun.

It's easy with marth, it looks funny with sheik/fox/falco

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
You can also run/walk toward the edge and press away to grab it (timing is tricky). This would actually be the fastest way to edgehog (unless your WD is marginally faster than your dash).

But yeah, the momentum is certainly there, so by all means, make the most of it.

Stratford

Smash Champion
Yea pivoting is the most ****. But the forward wd turnaround edgehog is pretty hilarious too.

Top Bottom