• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
At this point you're talking about a percentage of gamers that is far smaller than the amount of gamers that would like to be professional as compared to a similar proportion of other professional games, such as sports.

I'd say that maybe the top .0000000001% of gamers have that much money to toss around, while maybe .0000001% of sports players can throw, proportional to how much they make, that much around*.

*follows basic rule that all statistics made up on the spot, are, in fact, almost certainly incorrect, though can still serve a point.

Ahhhh.... ok.

'V'

Smash Lord
At this point you're talking about a percentage of gamers that is far smaller than the amount of gamers that would like to be professional as compared to a similar proportion of other professional games, such as sports.

I'd say that maybe the top .0000000001% of gamers have that much money to toss around, while maybe .0000001% of sports players can throw, proportional to how much they make, that much around*.

*follows basic rule that all statistics made up on the spot, are, in fact, almost certainly incorrect, though can still serve a point.

So I guess the lesson is:

If professional sports > professional gaming, then professional Brawl = joke.

I think I got it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So I guess the lesson is:

If professional sports > professional gaming, then professional Brawl = joke.

I think I got it.
It's more that banning or not banning MK as a method to make our game more appealing is a joke, as the idea of professional gaming is a joke to almost everybody right now.

I was out minigolfing last night with my brother, and I heard some chick talking about how one of her friends was aspiring to be a pro gamer and how hilarious it was. She tried to strike up a conversation with me later at the DDR machine, and it was my great pleasure to indicate the Blizzard logo on my hat and explain what it meant.

tl;dr - Let's steer the discussion back to the actual game, and not the stuff surrounding it.

BBQTV

Smash Master
I spent an entire day on this thread i hope it doesn't get closed

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
hey i have a friend that lives in PR. @twinkatgc
Who's your friend? Mari, Dr@c0...? A link mainer? Not insulting or anything, but they're both Link mainers, and they say they know a lot of people from USA.

Just wondering.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
OH BOY.
the time of this thread is coming to an end.....

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
When the poll is like this with this few days left, it should just be closed. =/ Not like it matters much anyway.

It's aggravating to see how many people have to bring up invalid points that are not going to help either side. I come on here and check what side is winning about every other day. Then, I'll get "risky" and read some comments while also hoping none of them are consistently dumb.

The answer is, I'm completely wrong.

And as always "Nah meaaan?"

fkacyan

Smash Hero
When the poll is like this with this few days left, it should just be closed. =/ Not like it matters much anyway.
You act like the poll has to add 50% of its current vote count exclusively to pro-ban without adding any to anti-ban for the poll to have 66%!

oh. Wait.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
Would just like to point this out, since I see people keep bringing it up.

HDR Akuma is not comparable to MetaKnight. The main reason he got banned was because of an unintended glitch that gives him an unescapable cross up that does half your life, and all he needs to do that is a super bar. It doesn't require perfect spacing, or amazing technical ability. It gave an already dominant character an offensive tool the game wasn't even designed to have.

Imagine MetaKnight if he could us his Final Smash but one else could.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Would just like to point this out, since I see people keep bringing it up.

HDR Akuma is not comparable to MetaKnight. The main reason he got banned was because of an unintended glitch that gives him an unescapable cross up that does half your life, and all he needs to do that is a super bar. It doesn't require perfect spacing, or amazing technical ability. It gave an already dominant character an offensive tool the game wasn't even designed to have.

Imagine MetaKnight if he could us his Final Smash but one else could.
Thaaaaaaank you.

Course now we're in 'Brawl is super different' mode so, eh, whatever.

Anyways, pick a top tier, feels good man.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, the pro ban videos were really really dumb, lol. Not gonna lie. Especially the second one.

But MK doesn't need to take 123% damage to go around Hyrule.

...:D
snake doesn't need to take 123% damage either, since Hyrule is banned.

plus I'm sure he can accomplish that while sustaining less damage if he starts w/ more....

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I especially like the "Will someone please think of the children mid-skill level players!" argument.

Oh the loling I did.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
lmao I like how the pro-ban video #1 is like "FOMG HE CAN GO AROUND HYRULE BACKWARDS"
well guess ****ing what?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miR0FsDAJGg
guess ****ing what? He doesn't need to take his whole stock to do it.

I especially like the "Will someone please think of the children mid-skill level players!" argument.

Oh the loling I did.
When they refer to mid-level players they are talking about players such as me and yourself.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what they're trying to say is

mid level players only represent the majority of how the game is played

but in no way do they dictate the metagame

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
anyway, on topic...

i dont support the mk ban

but honestly i guess i could live with or without him

the mk ban is highly unnecessary, and the proban arguments are not fully legit. that aint akuma

however, a world without mk would be more fun and diverse, for example

snake *****> all
falco/wario/ddd > snake
ic's > falco/ddd
wario < getting gayed
ddd < random fast little characters

still... mk should be in tournaments :(

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
anyway, on topic...

i dont support the mk ban

but honestly i guess i could live with or without him

the mk ban is highly unnecessary, and the proban arguments are not fully legit. that aint akuma

however, a world without mk would be more fun and diverse, for example

snake *****> all
falco/wario/ddd > snake
ic's > falco/ddd
wario < getting gayed
ddd < random fast little characters

still... mk should be in tournaments :(
i like the idea of the better diversity, which is why half of me wants him banned.
but i still want him in cuz with enough skill i can beat him and show that im pretty awesome at this game xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom