• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Wow, you pro ban people who want to ban metaknight are ******s, this is just a fun game turned bad by tourney***s and whatnot with safe options, counterpicking, metagame , and other made up tactics.

I'm ok with people having a big amount of love for the game, but this is going too far and is turning this into another Smash Bros Melee with regular tournaments turning into *** drags.
+1 alt accounts to ignore

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Wow, you pro ban people who want to ban metaknight are ******s, this is just a fun game turned bad by tourney***s and whatnot with safe options, counterpicking, metagame , and other made up tactics.

I'm ok with people having a big amount of love for the game, but this is going too far and is turning this into another Smash Bros Melee with regular tournaments turning into *** drags.
So... You don't like melee?

JUDGE

Smash Lord

+1 alt accounts to ignore
hmmm joning date: august.........
aaand stupid newbish commentar
hmmmmmm......i don't think so ;):laugh::laugh:

So... You don't like melee?
wtf??? who don't like melee?? youu???? YOUUU!!!!!!!:mad:

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
What the hell happened here?!?
Does this level of useless arguments, constant vulgarity, and spam beyond belief happen in every freakin' topic?

*Searches the rest of the forum*

No...it can't be true...NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOO!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
wtf??? who don't like melee?? youu???? YOUUU!!!!!!!:mad:
╖╓──╖╓──────╖╓──╖╓
║║┬┬║║┬┬┬┬┬┬║║┬┬║║
║║┴┴║║┴┴┴┴┴┴║║┴┴║║
╝╚──╝╚──────╝╚──╝╚

I wanted to write "I like melee", but I got distracted.

I blame ADHD. *looks at the diddy mainer* :grrr:

There is nothing to talk about. Seriously, no one wants to argue against people who reply with "we've beaten you countless times" and "every page is the same". Plus, many people derail the topic and it just becomes too hard to NOT reply.

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
=.=
Just because I'm new to this forum doesn't mean I'm new to this game.
Or excessive spamming.

REL38

Smash Lord
Who writes out detailed arguements anymore? Poetry/parody ftw

Friends, mods, smashers, lend me your support;
I come to post, not to troll.
The wrong that men do lives after them,
The anit-ban side is oft biased with their arguements;
So let is be with facts. The tourney results
Hath told you Metaknight was overused.
If it were so, it was a result of a superior moveset,
And frame data hath easily answered it.

Here, under leave of smashers and the rest
(For Brawl is an inbalanced fighter,
So are they all, the Fighting Genre),
Come I to post in final community vote.
Dedede was my main, heart and compatriot to me;
But the match-up says Dedede was too predictable
And Metaknight is an obvious victor.

Metaknight hath brought many characters home to death,
Whose moveset did the damage meter fill;
Did this in Metaknight seem broken?
When that the n00bs have won, pros hath angered;
Skill should be made of practised stuff.
Yet Sakurai says Brawl is balanced;
And Sakurai is a notorious trickster.
You all did read that on the interview
I thrice presented Metaknight a shield,
Which Metaknight did thrice shield-break. Was this balanced?
Yet Sakurai says Brawl was balanced;
And sure Masahiro is a respected game designer.
I speak not to taint what series he has made,
But here I am to revelate what I do comprehend.
You all did question Metaknight once, not without cause;
What cause withholds you then to ban Metaknight for Brawl?

O Metaknight, thou art broken to the highest extent,
and tournies have lost their diversity! Bear with me;
My devotion is in the metagame there with Smash,
And I must endure till it passes the ban

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
7776! I'm so unlucky Mk isn't banned yet.

And just a suggestion... Mods can close this thread at reply 7777?

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
Well I don't really appreciate being called a n00b.
Especially from someone who hmmm hmmm joined 1 month before I did.
If that's all it takes to be able to call people n00bs, then my understanding of the phrase is a bit skewed.
Just leave the moderating to the moderators please.
Everything works better that way.

Oh, and I vote no ban.

DeletedGod

Smash Cadet
This is my opinion,
Metaknight should not be banned, unless he is every character's worst matchup. Though this is a hypothetical situation, since I'm not well enough versed on the matchup chart to give exact figures, but say MK has a 6:4 matchup against Mr. Game and Watch, and lets say Snake has a 7:3 against Mr. Game and Watch, though Metaknight has no direct disadvantages, he isn't the best character to beat most characters with, as he is not the worst matchup for most characters with. In this situation, one would prefer playing as Snake, because Snake does better against Game and watch. As long as there is a logical reason to use other characters, Metaknight has no reason to be banned, in my opinion, of course.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
This is my opinion,
Metaknight should not be banned, unless he is every character's worst matchup. Though this is a hypothetical situation, since I'm not well enough versed on the matchup chart to give exact figures, but say MK has a 6:4 matchup against Mr. Game and Watch, and lets say Snake has a 7:3 against Mr. Game and Watch, though Metaknight has no direct disadvantages, he isn't the best character to beat most characters with, as he is not the worst matchup for most characters with. In this situation, one would prefer playing as Snake, because Snake does better against Game and watch. As long as there is a logical reason to use other characters, Metaknight has no reason to be banned, in my opinion, of course.
Why learn individual characters for individual matchups, when you can concentrate all of that time on just one character for all matchups? A character with no bad matchups, might I add... The time spent learning Snake for G&W, then Kirby for the Falcos who will play against your Snakes, etc etc etc, could be well-spent on just learning MK and mastering him.

You'd do what you want quicker, which is cover all your bad matchups. Who knows, he might just do better against G&W than your Snake.

your title says n00b what do you want from me
Huge lol's.

BBQTV

Smash Master
Well I don't really appreciate being called a n00b.
Especially from someone who hmmm hmmm joined 1 month before I did.
If that's all it takes to be able to call people n00bs, then my understanding of the phrase is a bit skewed.
Just leave the moderating to the moderators please.
Everything works better that way.

Oh, and I vote no ban.
your title says n00b what do you want from me also people have been cheating by making alts

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
Once again, suspicions are suspicions, but leave the moderating to the moderators.
And I posted my vote, so from here on out I will either share my opinions relating to the topic or not post at all...there's too much spam here in the first place.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
ok guys stop spamming useless comments
i already received an infraction point hahahaha^^

@BBQT

yeah i totally agree with you
i bet bad axel is an alt account

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
ok guys stop spamming useless comments
i already received an infraction point hahahaha^^
If YOU get infracted, then it's YOU who made a useless comment.

Just saying. You don't get infracted for things someone else did.

~ Spadefox, who hasn't gotten one single infraction during the course of this thread although he has the most postings in it. <_<

GemN

Smash Cadet
I vote no. As I began to play more and learn the matchup, I found it easier to play against metaknights. It seems like the majority of people who voted yes are inexperienced and probably have never been to a tournament. Although I'm not exactly saying this is true, it just seems like it.

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
=.=
ugh...

Is there someone intelligent here I can talk to?
Can a mod or admin sort this out...

Because this is starting to get annoying.

And Judge - that was one of the most hypocritical statements I've seen ever.

"Oh hey guys lets go on topic!
The topic is whether or not to ban meta knight!
Oh and this guy is an alt!
and I guess why I'm here I won't say anything relating to the topic!"

BBQTV

Smash Master
Thank you very much. And now with that sorted out, can we continue with the actual subject?
look back at beginning people started talking about MK back there but as this went on they lost sight of the topic.

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
Good point.
And hasn't basically everything that could have been possibly said on this topic been said like...5 or 6 times apiece anyway?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I vote no. As I began to play more and learn the matchup, I found it easier to play against metaknights. It seems like the majority of people who voted yes are inexperienced and probably have never been to a tournament. Although I'm not exactly saying this is true, it just seems like it.
The amount of people who are inexperienced in the pro-ban side isn't an issue. people are people, players are players. Their opinions STILL matter.

And good thing you said "majority", meaning that some are not... Because I'm a tourney-goer and I also know how to deal with MK, but I know that the community as a whole will most likely see a turn for the better with MK's absence.

UberMario

Smash Master
i agree whats the point?
Ditto. There will always be people that want something gone, and others that want something to stay. It's just the way of life.

What I don't understand is this:

What makes (some) people think that picking up Meta-Knight will instantly make you a successful player?

REL38

Smash Lord
In the end, Metaknight probably isn't going to be banned now so there's not much else that can be said regarding the topic. The poll started out with a big flame and all that's left is the cracklings of residue ember.

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but should we even really be discussing this? I mean, the game hasn't even been out that long - we can't just say that we have discovered every possible metagame out there...eventually maybe there will be a character that becomes even better than him. We can't plan for the future. Can't we just wait a while before we go out and try to ban characters? I mean...items and stages are one thing, but characters? Where will it end after that? Will people want to ban the next character below when mk is gone? As long as there is a tier system, there will always be a character better than another, but for now, it's not that bad.

All I'm saying is no for now, just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom