• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Fox is hard to predict sometimes because just about all of his moves are usable, his stance transitions are very fluid & fast, he has a lot of relevant variations on how he can execute his attacks that all demand different counters, and this mix gives him... a zillion options at just about any given moment (unless he's dead or being comboed [read: dead]). His fast attacks & movement also lets him play more reactively in more situations than characters that are slow or have slow move or both (which means he has a lot more depth in how he can respond to his opponent, which is gravy, and helps you avoid falling into patterns).

And, yeah, SS was super good. I'm sad he settled into status of Falcon legend as opposed to his previous status as a super scary tournament threat. He was really fun to play too.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
Fox is hard to predict sometimes because just about all of his moves are usable, his stance transitions are very fluid & fast, he has a lot of relevant variations on how he can execute his attacks that all demand different counters, and this mix gives him... a zillion options at just about any given moment (unless he's dead or being comboed [read: dead]). His fast attacks & movement also lets him play more reactively in more situations than characters that are slow or have slow move or both (which means he has a lot more depth in how he can respond to his opponent, which is gravy, and helps you avoid falling into patterns).

And, yeah, SS was super good. I'm sad he retired. He was really fun to play too.
too many Fox mains. too many different play styles.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Fox is conducive for a variety of playstyles inherently because... stats, attacks, speed, etc.

Fortunately, his actual attacks can be outranged (and outprioritized consequently) and he can be killed efficiently with combos and stuff. That's basically the gist of what most characters have against him. Even some of the good ones.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
Fox is conducive for a variety of playstyles inherently because... stats, attacks, speed, etc.

Fortunately, his actual attacks can be outranged (and outprioritized consequently) and he can be killed efficiently with combos and stuff. That's basically the gist of what most characters have against him. Even some of the good ones.
I do research on every character but sometimes I pick up characters that seem intreseting. like I recently picked up Ganondorf recently and then I might pick up Fox give or take.

Bones0

Smash Legend
How come Samus players don't grab the ledge for invincibility and then bomb jump-nair as soon as the opponent passes through them? It seems fairly foolproof in my head (though everything in this game is like that, I suppose).

Bones0

Smash Legend
I mean how Samus can drop a bomb and if it explodes while she's on top of it, she can nair immediately and combo from the bomb to the nair.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
What purpose does the bomb serve? How is it better than simply doing rising nair from the edge? And how is rising nair better than doing a perfectly spaced utilt from the stage?

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Both methods are good but I prefer utilt because it's safe and negates sweat spots if done correctly.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
thanks for samus advice.
I guess i'll try to go work on wall techs more or something... i need to do that anyway.

I'll try to record some matches later.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
well, silent wolf pushed my **** in super hard in losers finals again

i've gotten 3rd like 5 (non-Northwest Manifest) tourneys in a row or something now lmao D:

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
don't worry dude, I got 5th at 5 tournaments in a row (in 5 different regions, WA, BC, Oregon, Norcal, and Socal) before I started getting 3rd. it'll happen >_>

Lovage

Smash Hero
no offense (sike this is pretty offensive) but i def. think both you guys are better than teddy and shuldn't be losing bo5's to him

i wanna watch the vids now so i can be proved wrong and teddy is actually just a sick beast. but if that's not the case toph i can give u some advice on them if you want

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Teddy vs decent (or better) space animals is like he's getting wrecked then touches them and they die.

Which is pretty much Peach vs space animals in a nutshell.

He makes weird edgeguarding decisions. Weird is not synonymous with bad here.

unknown522

Some guy
Got 3rd at a Quebec tourney. I beat Vwins in winners semis 3-1 then lost to bam in WFs 3-2 then lost I Vwins in LFs 3-1.

I went almost all fox. Got ***** on FD as marth vs Vwins.

If anything the losses were controller-based but ah well. Just gotta step it up.

Oh yeah Diakonos went as well

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I saw him making faces on the stream. I assumed his controller was being naughty and disobedient.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Teddy vs decent (or better) space animals is like he's getting wrecked then touches them and they die.

Which is pretty much Peach vs space animals in a nutshell.

He makes weird edgeguarding decisions. Weird is not synonymous with bad here.
this post so hard lol ._.

It's also SO DEMORALIZING losing to teddy. in WS vs. him this past weekend I had him above 120% on his last stock 1st and 2nd games (2nd game he was at 180%) and then I got touched and died. 3rd game I pretty much gave up LOL (set was not recorded)

to lovage, I would HELLA appreciate vs teddy advice though; the last time you gave me one-to-one advice (vs. samus) it helped soooooo much and made me realize 40000 things, I'll IM you soon lol

edit: btw imma upload the vids tonight or tomorrow and you'll see, he definitely did some really sick **** particularly in the finals sets

Got 3rd at a Quebec tourney. I beat Vwins in winners semis 3-1 then lost to bam in WFs 3-2 then lost I Vwins in LFs 3-1.

I went almost all fox. Got ***** on FD as marth vs Vwins.

If anything the losses were controller-based but ah well. Just gotta step it up.

Oh yeah Diakonos went as well

:phone:
wuuut! How'd Diakonos do?? and what'd you think of him?

that's tight Bam is doing well btw

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I thought Bam retired?

Wow. Good ****. Canada's big guns are back! Tell RaynEX to stop playing Marvel/having a life outside of vidjo games and start playing Melee again! Then the circle will be complete...

Oh, and nationals. COME STATESIDE AGAIN FOR THEM.

Smooth Criminal

JPOBS

Smash Hero
they are saved on this page http://fr-ca.twitch.tv/styc under the videos section.

the TOs did an excellent job of keeping the HUD onscreen updates with set count/plaer info, so it shouldnt be hard to find the matches by just skipping through the vids

unknown522

Some guy
I really thought you had that Unknown, especially after you beat Vwins in winner's. How come you didn't go Sheik on FD vs Vwins?
we split, so I didn't bother. I would've went falco vs bam as well, but yeah I just used fox instead. He's a good enough character, but I need to step it up

wuuut! How'd Diakonos do?? and what'd you think of him?

that's tight Bam is doing well btw
diakonos is pretty good. He's improved since I last played him at apex 2010. He's also a pretty chill guy. We hung out after the tourney and had poutine and stuff.

I thought Bam retired?

Wow. Good ****. Canada's big guns are back! Tell RaynEX to stop playing Marvel/having a life outside of vidjo games and start playing Melee again! Then the circle will be complete...

Oh, and nationals. COME STATESIDE AGAIN FOR THEM.

Smooth Criminal
Bam didn't retire.

Yooooooo this just in me and unknown have the same birthday. Tomorrow. REAL FOX MAINS ONLY!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.
lol. June 5th all day

Top Bottom