• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Could anybody tell me how to moonwalk with fox? i just wanna know if it's the same as Falcon or do you have to move the control stick faster or anything? It's real hard but i'm guessing it's like my first time with falcon when nothing happened and a month later i did it. Oh and does it have any real uses other than looking cool?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Fox boards in 2007

Laser weaving

Fox boards in 2008

Multishine shield break - viable?

Fox boards in 2009

Nair is good, and so is laser - thank you Jman

Fox boards in 2010

OMG Mango. Also, moonwalking.

Fox boards in 2011

Lovage for best Fox main. Controversy over the Peach MU. Does the new ruleset benefit Fox even though Cruise is gone?

Fox boards in 2012

Moonwalking and Javi. And controller john legitimacy. Consistency - does it matter?

Man, how is this the most active character board...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Laser weave is

SHDL repeated but you immediately slam the stick forward or back so you do your lasers while 'weaving' back and forth

Has some applications but those require timing errors by the opponent and / or hard reads

So I've seen Unknown make it work once basically

edit: Why do you think I'm always trying to talk about strategy and skip the others? :p

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Remember when Raynex, Silent Wolf, Flux Wolf, PC, Shiz and Forward used to post in this thread?

Man, those were the days.

Lovage

Smash Hero
flux wolf and forward words of wisdom i could live without

pc and shiz never really posted that much i don't think. maybe pc did in like 06 or sum thing.

SW and raynex i sorely miss

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
What did Forward's posts look like?

edit: wowzers I just read a bunch of posts from 2008 in this thread

Lucky asked if you could uthrow shinebair a space animal LOL

Otto used to post hella useful **** and he used proper caps and everything that's weird

lovage wit da blooper avatar

doesn't really look like PC ever posted much lol. I didn't expect to see a bunch of jman posts doe

jman really beat M2K in 2008? wtf tournament was that?

and yeah I really really really miss Raynex posts

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Wow Raynex is reading this thread.

@ Bones

Lasering vs Marth isn't a good play to use often because you're basically giving up mobility flexibility for like 1-3% per SH (and out-maneuvering characters is basically Fox's best way to get into a position where he can get things done) but if they've struck a completely defensive stance and they're turtling up super hard then it can be an okay way to coax them out of it (but be careful and try to catch when they're getting ready to go on offense so you can stuff them or maneuver around what they do and **** them). Similarly, if Marth's being lame and camping near the edge and you do not want to try to just outplay him there for the gimp (reasonable) then it's okay then too. There are other situations where it's okay. The only thing is you kind of have to know he's not gonna try to get the jump on you (or have enough distance so that he can't, although that can be difficult on some stages because of size constraints) or else things can get bad really fast because despite what everyone wants you to think Marth is actually fast.

I don't think they're necessary in the MU by any means just because Fox is strong enough to outplay even the most turtley of Marths by virtue of movement speed, attack speed, attack flexibility, and overall maneuverability but lasers have some usefulness if used sparingly and correctly.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
but now u have me and im the founding father of this character

ask me anything
OK SICK WE GOT CHILLINDUDE

chillindude what was it like dropping a game to hanky panky, but then proving your lack of fraudulence by exposing him shortly thereafter

(I enjoy using the words "fraud" and "expose" from time to time)

unknown522

Some guy
Lol Forward's posts.

It was possibly even better in the MBR when he posted.

Edit: @ toph, you've probably seen his recent "why isn't falcon the best in PAL?" thread in the melee discussion.

Things like that make it entertaining.

:phone:

chillindude829

Smash Master
lolol aposl came up to me during r1 of playing hankypanky when i was up 4 stock to 2 and told me i was playing dope on stream, and i was like wait... but im playing hankypanky... on stream... and it threw me off so badly for some reason

but i was glad to contribute to the hankypanky hype train

Bones0

Smash Legend
Kay, that's pretty much what I figured. I wanted to try lasering as much as possible to see what I could get done last time I played, but after 1 or 2 lasers I noticed him coming for me and couldn't really do anything else, and the stage I gave up in the process didn't feel worth it. I need a Peach to practice against. :/

but now u have me and im the founding father of this character

ask me anything
Why don't you and DoH team since you're the top players in our region and always end up playing each other at larger tournies? lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I believe in Chillin for sure, the improvements he made these past months were ridiculous. But.. he's never really considered a contender to do well for some reason.. only fools see what they want to see I suppose.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I believe in Chillin for sure, the improvements he made these past months were ridiculous. But.. he's never really considered a contender to do well for some reason.. only fools see what they want to see I suppose.
I think it's because Unknown and SFAT get better placements at the same events he attends (SFAT in particular has had two really good recent performances between FC and TBH2). So he's being overshadowed somewhat. That said, Chillin is still good.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
True but I look towards the future, I dont try to dwell on the past because even though these results happened.. anything can happen at the next one, it's just that his improvement probably impressed me the most in a short amount of time.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
That's fine but bear in mind that if someone's on a roll at the moment it can be hard to not think they're going to keep doing well and focus on what they're doing. Especially if they're demonstrating noteworthy improvement and taking down respectable names.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Fox ditto MM me Winston. You'll have to change your name to Loseston. My Fox was running circles around a lvl 4 CPU today. You guys don't even know.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Why don't you and DoH team since you're the top players in our region and always end up playing each other at larger tournies? lol
hes a beast but usually i dont team w/ him because theres a world class player or crew member i team w/ instead

then he gets mango so its usually better for both of us

Top Bottom