• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lol kevin don't worry. i won't even have time to talk about anything useful lol. knowing me i'll just relay dumb things somehow anyway. like dj nair is a good approach lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
What are some bread and butter things versus Doc? Is Uthrow Uair ever guaranteed? Are there any good 2-3 hit combos to rack up some damage? I know the matchup is definitely in Fox's favor by a good amount but I struggle with it sometimes.
drillshine usmash that ho

edit: watch SFAT videos. over and over and over

V

Smash Ace
Who are some good fox players that play at a slower pace that I can watch? I'm picking up fox but I don't like mango's super aggressive style.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
That's a very strange and alien reason to not like Mango's Fox imo, but personal taste man.

I think Cactuar's always a fine example of a clean Fox.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Any tips on getting super fast and smooth? I can only think of perfect fastfalls and perfect wavedashes. Why the hell cant I jumpout of turn around shine on hit?

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
One thing about Shine bair, I do it because its flashy and bairing the person offstage can sometimes be a better option then up air, especially as a mix up. Punish hard with up airs, then they expect a uair so you hit them with a shine bair like a sexy mofo.

Running Shine Bairs are mad cute. I feel so pro XD

Also Jman would probably be the best option, Cactuar and even Raynex would be good too.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
All the great foxes have something to bring to the table in terms of strategy. Watch them all, take what you can from them. Each region specifically tends to have its own style. Jman has the EC style (similar to cactuar's and m2k's), Chillin has his own style (though him and redd seem to share a bit), SFAT has the WC tech style (similar to lovage, SW and mango to an extent), Kels has the chicago style (him and cunning share a lot in common). Ignoring one simply blinds you to their strengths and weaknesses; seek a unified style.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
How the hell do you running shine bair? ugh cant do it.
How the hell do people rub from B to X/Y really fast? Its so impossible for me to do.

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Armada is too nice.
The worst thing I have ever witnessed him do was reject mango-flavoured soda when we were in the store.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
How the hell do people rub from B to X/Y really fast? Its so impossible for me to do.

Bing

Smash Master
Running Shine Bair is difficult and impractical to be honest, but it looks flashy and you feel accomplished. But basically its just a running shine but instead of wavedashing out of the shine, you jump out and immediately bair. I dont really know how to explain it any better...

If you're refering to JC shines, I find its easier to do with the control stick, just timing the B buttons to where the control stick is the difficult part but with practice it gets easier.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Any insight on the (preferably easiest) hand motion/position while multi shining? I use Y

I was watching eggm do like 10 grounded shines in a row so, I would like to be able to work towards that kind of consistency.

Is pushing the buttons too fast a common problem? (similar-ish to how if you try to SH DF too fast [still in your jump squat] with marth you will only get one fair)

Bones0

Smash Legend
I just slide my thumb from Y to B. You want to slide from Y to B and not vice versa because the timing from Y to B is always 4 frames (3 frames of jumpsquat, and shine on the first airborne frame). Going from B to Y is less strict because even if you JC the shine a little slow you can still continue the multishine. You also have to account for hitlag when you are hitting an opponent going from B to Y.

Bing

Smash Master
When of my bad habits I need to fix is that when I waveshine I slide from the B button to X, so my thumb slide across the A. Its never really hurt me, the very occasional D-tilt comes out but its like, once in a blue moon, Still something I'd like to change.

Bing

Smash Master
It should be completely and utterly impossible to dtilt doing that lol.

I wouldn't call that a "bad habit"
Well by sliding from B to the X, if you press down to early, the control stick hasnt made it to the "desired" position for the wavedash out. So basically if you mistake the timing, you get a dtilt.

Mind im pretty sure that means i'd be basically waveshining in place anyways XD

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Any insight on the (preferably easiest) hand motion/position while multi shining? I use Y

I was watching eggm do like 10 grounded shines in a row so, I would like to be able to work towards that kind of consistency.

Is pushing the buttons too fast a common problem? (similar-ish to how if you try to SH DF too fast [still in your jump squat] with marth you will only get one fair)

Multishining with control stick is impossible, the people who claim to have done it are either lying or are extraterrestials

Easiest for be is to set my right thumb between B and Y and just quickly rotate from side to side.

Seriously, I don't understand how anyone could multishine with control stick, I just end up jumping and up-bing

#neverdoneit

Lovage

Smash Hero
Multishining with control stick is impossible, the people who claim to know it are either lying or are extraterrestials

Easiest for be is to set my right thumb between B and Y and just quickly rotate from side to side.

Seriously, I don't understand how anyone could multishine with control stick, I just end up jumping and up-bing

#neverdoneit
its pretty easy w/ falco but really hard with fox to do more than 3 if ur using stick

Bing

Smash Master
Multishining with control stick is impossible, the people who claim to have done it are either lying or are extraterrestials

#neverdoneit
Its difficult but I actually dont mind it, I cant do it at all with X/Y.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
He does fancy stuff all the time. He's just efficient in terms of his decision making...
I'm not saying he lacks any skill or he's boring. He has suburb technical ability and he's my favorite player.
Once you reach a threshold of tech skill and movement capabilities, M2K has a very simple and efficient style like you said. I just don't think getting timely grabs, lasering effectively, and putting your opponent in a position to get hit by a kill move is fancy. It's great gameplay but it's not "wow how did he do that."
Breaking shields and multi shines are fancy.

Top Bottom