• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

JPOBS

Smash Hero
While we're talking about the ledge dash, M2k does it perfectly and smoothly every single time.

i guess after that ledgejump cost him the set vs armada at pound 4 , he mad eit a point to never messup again lol

GOD!

Smash Ace
Speaking of m2k's fox

wow..... that thing is beyond beautiful. Best fox in the world, no contest and hands down. Even if you don't think so, it's the sexiest smash character I've ever seen.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
btw for those of y'all that don't know, mango mm'd hbox with Fox twice after the tournament was over and won both times

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
i guess after that ledgejump cost him the set vs armada at pound 4 , he mad eit a point to never messup again lol
I wish I could do that... Just see me making a mistake and say "F***! I don't want to make that mistake ever again!" and just never mess up again, ahahaha. Too good

Also, lol @ Toph being pressured by the ledge and not the player. :D semantics, but still

JPOBS

Smash Hero
apperently mango took quite a few MM's after the tourny was over and barely lost a game, let alone a set

Kanelol

Smash Lord
so he just sandbagged to 25th to be a douche

or maybe it was all an attempt to hustle the **** out of everyone afterwards and try and make a little bank

?

please let me believe i need to have a hero

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I wish I could do that... Just see me making a mistake and say "F***! I don't want to make that mistake ever again!" and just never mess up again, ahahaha. Too good

Also, lol @ Toph being pressured by the ledge and not the player. :D semantics, but still
I assume that he meant that M2K practiced it extensively after that set.

Where would I CP a Sheik player?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master

nope; when I said "by" the ledge I meant near the ledge, which is a perfectly acceptable use of the word "by"

FD is the probably best CP against sheik and platforms don't do anything to stop tech chasing LOL. FD makes sheik's job against fox really hard if you're patient. pokemon stadium and dream land are about equally good, you have a lot of room to run around and avoid needles and you can use platforms to escape from sheik (although I personally think that in this matchup sheik gets more benefit out of having platforms around). battlefield kinda sucks o.o

also, FD makes edgeguarding sheik really simple because she doesn't have the option of up B'ing to a platform, so you can pretty much kill her whenever she's off the stage at above 40-50%

cykofox

Smash Ace
Speaking of m2k's fox

wow..... that thing is beyond beautiful. Best fox in the world, no contest and hands down. Even if you don't think so, it's the sexiest smash character I've ever seen.
lol yeah nothing plays like it. its like a gift from god.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
pretty much any neutral is fine vs sheik.

i like FD and PS mostly though
lol 2 bad PS isn't neutral anymore =/

FD is okay sometimes, you just gotta be super careful to not get grabbed... or like Kanelol said, brutal 20 minute tech chases can happen... no platforms helps you tho (:

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Well, I'm a lot more comfortable on FD than YS, and I'm pretty sure I die earlier on YS from Fair.

edit: Then again, if I die earlier, so does she. . .

JPOBS

Smash Hero
lol 2 bad PS isn't neutral anymore =/

FD is okay sometimes, you just gotta be super careful to not get grabbed... or like Kanelol said, brutal 20 minute tech chases can happen... no platforms helps you tho (:
Im not understanding this...

shiek tech chases with Downthrow, Downtrow doesnt send you high enough to tech the platforms on any stage excet FoD anyway.

i dont get how techchases on FD are any more dangerous than on platform stages.

if anything, having platforms helps her recovery cuz she can recover to the platform making it more difficult for you to punish. FD is a edgeguarder's dream vs sheik.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
how do I DI sheik's ftilt at high %s? I've been DIing hard away as I fall from my up B but it actually KILLS me because the DI sends me so far off stage I just get edge hogged. Is it possible to DI less than all the way in a direction? What happens if you neutral DI a sheik ftilt at mid-high %s?
edit-
Im not understanding this...

shiek tech chases with Downthrow, Downtrow doesnt send you high enough to tech the platforms on any stage excet FoD anyway.

i dont get how techchases on FD are any more dangerous than on platform stages....
It's because you don't have platforms to camp on. Sheik, ICs, Marth, etc cannot chain grab you if you're always on uneven ground

JPOBS

Smash Hero
how do I DI sheik's ftilt at high %s? I've been DIing hard away as I fall from my up B but it actually KILLS me because the DI sends me so far off stage I just get edge hogged. Is it possible to DI less than all the way in a direction? What happens if you neutral DI a sheik ftilt at mid-high %s?
edit-

It's because you don't have platforms to camp on. Sheik, ICs, Marth, etc cannot chain grab you if you're always on uneven ground
Oh thats what they mean? ok.

Because if you get grabbed on the bottom of BF/dreamland/yoshis, the techchase is just as brutal as if it were FD.

if sheik ftilt's you at high percent you have to DI away and pray they mess up the edgeguard. if you DI in or dont DI, you eat a 100% garunteed fair gg.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I personally watched Mango 3 stock Hbox on FD with Fox. It was beautiful.

More cool things:

Taj got 17th and beat Tec0 and another Sheik player, WITH MEWTWO.

Axe got 5th and beat Me, Cyrain, Shiz and Jman in a row.

Unknown and I got 5th in doubles chyeeaa

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Oh thats what they mean? ok.

Because if you get grabbed on the bottom of BF/dreamland/yoshis, the techchase is just as brutal as if it were FD.

if sheik ftilt's you at high percent you have to DI away and pray they mess up the edgeguard. if you DI in or dont DI, you eat a 100% garunteed fair gg.
false that. When you DI away on sheik's ftilt at high % at the ledge, it flat out kills you
it's been happening to me 6-7 times in a row when I've done it. Full DI away is not the answer

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I personally watched Mango 3 stock Hbox on FD with Fox. It was beautiful.

More cool things:

Axe got 5th and beat Me, Cyrain, Shiz and Jman in a row.

Unknown and I got 5th in doubles chyeeaa
Good stuff, Raynex. My friend minh was telling me about how you and chillin, and him were playing ssf4 with each other at apex. We've all gotta play the next time you're in rochester. Melee, too of course.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
false that. When you DI away on sheik's ftilt at high % at the ledge, it flat out kills you
it's been happening to me 6-7 times in a row when I've done it. Full DI away is not the answer
well then you're eating a fair and dieing from that otherwise.

i mean there is no answer, if you're at high percent and get ftilted, you're dead either way.

I've never been killed by just an ftilt though, unless you're talking like....+200%...

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Even if you d.i. the ftilt you're still without a double jump and far offstage.

If you choose to d.i. it pre 100 you can probably survive. Don't do some weird angle like down+away. Just hold away and you should be able to recover high with firefox and save your stock somehow.

This is all thwarted by Sheiks who actually know what they are doing.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
How high is this % haha? Sheiks ftilt does not send you that far.

Haha, Plank is "another Sheik player." :D Also, Taj 2-0'd Lucky in pools with Mewtwo.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
ryan, he's afraid to play you cuz you have the gayest (read:best) playstyle versus bad chars lol

you were surprisingly non-gay vs chu tho, i was expecting serious platform camping :/
i cant say more than that tho, i have no ics experience.

Top Bottom