• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

yo unknown with the filthy avatar.

i accidentally hit ctrl+b and bolded that part, then skipped 2 lines down and it unbolded automatically. thats that ****

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Quick shout out to Xyzz - I know you´re readin´ this
That sort of statement is sooo mean... If it was wrong I'd never know :D

Also: Nah, I don't really read all character boards, just the ones of characters I actually play (and no, picking fox at times in teams and then running around on platforms falling through with bair once somebody looks like he wants to be hit by it and randomly up smashing people does not constitute as "playing Fox" :D).

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah guys. Fox sucks really hard. :|

I think we can all learn something from Zenith 2013.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Mango won Zenith with Fox exclusively AFAIK

I dunno what you're smoking

All Zenith showed is that M2K vs Mango seems really random because tech skill flub > M2K's shield grab is a true combo and that Luigi continues to do well at events devoid of Sheik players

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, I wasn't being serious.

I enjoyed the tech flub > no punish sequences in their sets.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
shoutouts to unknown rockin the burn dinorex

but got a question about fox movement
what do you need to do to have good movement,
cuz today i saw mango move in and out baiting the **** out of every one and everyone just stop playing at that point im pretty sure
i learned that fox punishes so hard so all i gotta do is be patient and work grabs

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Fox punishes lightly relative to the other top characters vs other top characters except exceptional cases like Peach vs Puff. It just looks like he hits hard because his neutral game and game at advantage in certain positions is ********, his combos mostly end with people above him and him on the ground, and he has an early vertical kill.

That said, good movement is basically how effectively you can manipulate the distance between you and your foe. This means focusing on avoiding their threats while opening opportunities to use yours. You also need to understand the options available during each motion and the windows of opportunity for using those options.

In general jump and dash are OP.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
How is this like facebook? Because you can link posts? Other forums have adopted that as well. It's a good system.

Jesus aka jman

Smash Cadet
Na man it's cause they bann me every time because they think its not me for some reason

Idk what I got to do for them to believe its me

Maybe they need to quiz me to see its me lml

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
You're only a fan, how about a homie, a friend!? He probably got some hate after that.. now let's talk about the bowser matchup. lol.

Me and otto are definitely unknown homies lol. We already started hating on some of the ******* who are giving unknown **** about his losses this weekend.

Gimpy and I posted a bunch of fox vs. bowser matchup stuff on the socal melee facebook group yesterday. Here are the key points:

- Bowser needs you to approach to win. Conventional laser camp is extremely effective
- Bowser in the neutral game is essentially Ganon without a fast jab
- Bowser has a very very strong edgeguard on spacies. Don't get knocked offstage without your doublejump. (This means that when bowser's sitting on the ledge, do not doublejump trying to bait ledge attack; if you get clipped by the ledge attack, you will die)
- DJ in the neutral game, in general, is risky. Being above Bowser is ****ty. Being above Bowser without your DJ is ****tier.
- Always DI klaw forward; this is the correct DI for both klaw fthrow and klaw bthrow
- Fighting Bowser's shield is similar to fighting Samus's shield. Bait up-B OOS, then WD OOS and usmash. The differences are that 1) if Bowser is near the ledge, he can up-B to the ledge safely. and 2) Bowser has a shieldgrab.
- Grabbing Bowser is really good (and really easy; he doesn't have a reliable answer to just grabbing him). Throw him up and then treat it as fighting a mediocre character out of position (I've also had success uthrowing bowser -> uairing above him, catching his DJ). Alternately:
- Fthrow chaingrab at low percents seems to be legitimate
- Uthrow onto side platforms -> uair techchase is legitimate high damage from throw (which is very very good)
- You can't hit bowser's up-B sweetspot from the stage. You have to grab ledge and bair (or shine, if he drops super low) with invincibility
- Don't hold your shield as Bowser drops from above; he can grab you with side-B

Bonus point:

- If you decide to cop out to Sheik, remember that your main goal is to grab Bowser and then CG him.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Same here. I graduate college in december, after that I want to travel to at least 1 national every year

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I lost my **** when I saw Jman's name in the Zenith 2013 trailer. Good to know he's getting back into Melee.

Oh, and Unknown is amazing and I'd totally donate to a fund for him to go to Evo. It seems like Zenith was just an off day for him (and DJ was looking so fresh, so clean).

Top Bottom