• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Hey guys, start using down throws at the edge and on platforms and **** and till me how it goes for you. Also, try using fox's back throw too, especially if you can catch them DIing into it, its funny.

I remember I said that to people like probably 1 year ago, they didn't listen. D-throw on platforms is great if you think about it you can counter everything they do exept maybe a backwards roll in wich case (unless you can predict it and neutral wavedash out of shield >turn around grab) you'll just have to bair. Also, you can wait for them to tech or get up with an attack and instead of re-grabbing you can up smash out of shield

EDIT: chaining 3 or more d-throws just by tech chasing on flat ground it's pretty cool and it looks very impressive because you need something more than just tech skill you kno... and it makes you feel like... idk is something you have to feel, indescribable I guess

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Hey guys, start using down throws at the edge and on platforms and **** and till me how it goes for you. Also, try using fox's back throw too, especially if you can catch them DIing into it, its funny.
Dthrowing on platforms is cool (at least with Falco). If they techroll i just fmash them, if they tech in place i regrab, shine or dsmash, but some smart people just DI of the platform =/ (Donno if this works on Fox' dthrow too)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
what if they don't tech? Then they can either get up attack if you charged the smash, or they can roll once you've shielded, or just stand up. Typically they'll be able to roll off the platform too, so no luck getupchasing that.

Dthrow jab on a platform, if they tech, dthrow again. If they fall off, be ready to run off and shield. if they attack, shield grab, if they roll, be ready to shield dash.

Brookman

Smash Hero
where the hell is everyone in the universe?

Does everyone associate me with L and or expect me to look like L in real life?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
I went swimming and stuff.
Then i googled for this song: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MuQ0AQ7YWS8

To talk about about a more smashrelated thing: Last weekend there was a techskill-Fox-player at the tournament and he killed a Sheik with this:

running Shine near the ledge --> JC --> slip of edge --> ff --> uair

The only thing that was not intentional was the uair...... it should have been a bair.

Discuss

Oskurito

Smash Lord
where the hell is everyone in the universe?

Does everyone associate me with L and or expect me to look like L in real life?
lol, Well I think some of the people that knows you had already got used to your avatar so much that if anything they can think about how you look like on real life is like L >_> But I personally don't think that you look like him, I don't look like chuck norris either xD

Btw you've never changed your avatar don't you?

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
1) Is dair drill to grab a guaranteed/real combo if the drill hits?

2) If you drill their shield, L-cancel it, and follow it up with a grab, what can your opponent do to escape?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
1) Is dair drill to grab a guaranteed/real combo if the drill hits?

2) If you drill their shield, L-cancel it, and follow it up with a grab, what can your opponent do to escape?
1) they can shine/ jab you if they CC'd it. (requires them to Crouch before being hit the first time)

2) they can shield grab you, or character dependant, jc usmash/ jc up-b. Drill>grab on shield is no good. Drill>shine>jc grab, is.

L__

Smash Master
Uh, make the Marth approach you with SHDLs.

Preferably avoid stages where you could avoid chain grab 0-deaths.

Pick low ceiling stages like Corneria for the Usmash KO.

Favorite combos against Marths:

SHFFL Nair -> Shine -> WD -> Dash -> Uthrow -> Uair
╘► JC Usmash -> Uair
SHFFL Dair -> Shine -> WD -> Dash -> Uthrow -> Uair
╘► JC Usmash -> Uair

Uthrow ╘► Uair

Drillshine infinite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=payLjoOp8rU

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
do you space yourself differently verus marth then say a falco
the answer may be obvious but im just wondering. or maybe you should generally try to land behind anyone? also when marth runs past you and turns around to grab alot.... tips against this and punishing?

also ppl who like to jab your approaches alot? punishing ideas?

thanks.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Jab wars are funny

A sheik player in my town always tries to Jab -> grab

Too bad i either spotdodge the grab or jab back 2-3 times (with jab cancel) and then grab him =D

Hmm, i gotta try that CC grab, thanks for the idea brookman

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Falco's Shine is smaller than Fox, isn't it?
Falco's shine hitbox is bigger I believe.. Both have a little more range than usual on the back

Agains people who love to jab>jab>grab like falcon,doc,sheik,etc do a buffer roll (roll with c-stick) right after the first jab and you're out; or else, if you're enough good you can shine them out of the jab and waveshine but is really hard and situational because it wont connect if you're a bit too far or if they push you away; plus they can jab you out of it sometimes >_> CC grab doesn't work if you're bad spaced (fox grab range isn't that good anyway). If you're fox try to just lure them to you with lasers because his obviously in an offensive position now trying to jab> grab you; also, full jumps into bair works a lot, specially on people who like to shuffle a lot and don't ever think to dj fast fall aerial. If you are looking for a shield grab, always look how he's spacing if he's a bit far from your grab range you can upsmash out of shield if not then just roll away.

Anyway, fox have to keep his distance if he wants to win vs marth... Spacing and well... good combos and shinespikes are the most important things on the offensive against marth

Top Bottom