• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fox dair drill semi-lock

pretty nice but u should mix it up with grabs 2 keep them guessin. i suggest u do it once then again as nobody will expect it the 2nd time then grab+fthrow and follow up. do this 'combo' once then when u attempt it again mix it up with grabs and when u think theyre not expectin it do it again

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Technically, the dair combos into another dair (as a legit combo) anytime a dair would combo into a usmash. However, this is a horrible Idea to do so, as when that will combo, a usmash will often KO, and is easily escapable via SDI.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I thought about trying this but doing another SH-dair after the first takes longer than the stun from it. I usually do the dair > utilt > dair > utilt.... depending on which character you're facing you can rack up some nice %. I know on ROB, if they air dodge right after the utilt, the dair will last longer than the dodge and you can easily combo him from 0-90%.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I thought about trying this but doing another SH-dair after the first takes longer than the stun from it.
Not Always.

Technically, the dair combos into another dair (as a legit combo) anytime a dair would combo into a usmash. However, this is a horrible Idea to do so, as when that will combo, a usmash will often KO, and is easily escapable via SDI.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
One of those things that work once in a blue moon and usually will never be able to make it to three drills.

The only time i've pillared anyone is with Dair>Utilt 2-3 times. I've done this once every... like... 7 matchs becuase it something that just doesnt work or is impractical at the to time or they're usen a fattie.

Like scotu said the only time it could be a garunteed chain would be at the point where a Dsmash or USmash would be chainable and of course would be a better idea.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
not even a dsmash. Dsmash is much faster than another drill kick lol.

btw, pillar = shield pressure, NOT combo.

Top Bottom