• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox down kick?

Squinston

Smash Rookie
I've been looking all over but i can't seem to figure this out, i'm sure somebody knows whats going on. When i play against a CPU Fox on Dreamland, he always seems to run off the platform, land on me, i suppose kicking in some way, and this sends me straight up into the air for his inevitable Up-air. Can anyone tell me how this is done?

Squinston

Smash Rookie
Sorry i should've been a little more specific. It could be an up-tilt but what's bothering me is that is coming out with no attack animation that i can see, just the sound for a hit. It really just looks like he lands on me then im in the air

The Star King

Smash Hero
sounds like you are describing the first hit of the two hits of his upair? it pops you up

Last edited:

Squinston

Smash Rookie
I tried that too but the animation kicks in, the computer is doing whatever its doing perfectly. I also could be wrong here, but i dont think the first hit has enough knockback to send me to the top platform

The Star King

Smash Hero
yes that's the first hit of upair

I don't know what you mean by smoothly, that's a normal upair

Squinston

Smash Rookie
I guess just that he lands immediately and doesn't do an obvious flip higher into the air. Can you just hit it like a tilt and z-cancel?

Top Bottom